World of Color with Wheelchair?

Stitch_lover_Sith

<font color=royalblue>So I want to weigh in on thi
Hey this is my first time posting on this board. In September we are traveling to Disneyland with Dis Grandma. We always get her a wheelchair for the parks. Tried searching Disneyland main page for info on wheelchair viewing for World of Color. In the World of Color dinner package website it says talk to the cast member. Does anyone have Experiance withe this. Thanks.

Basically they have an area set aside for wheelchair users and their families, including limited bench seating (for the disabled person and if there is room when the show starts, family members). The last time I saw WoC it was on the walkway to the left of the general viewing area which puts you higher than the rest of the crowd. Unfortunately, it is also behind an iron fence which I personally found distracting. My advice would be to go early--the handicapped area does fill up a lot of nights.

Would the Fastpass or World of Color dinner package allow the wheelchair into their seating. We have three days and want to do as much of the parks as we can and not wait a couple of hours for World of Color. Last time we were there because if how viewing was for standing I could hear the show but not see anything.

Would the Fastpass or World of Color dinner package allow the wheelchair into their seating. We have three days and want to do as much of the parks as we can and not wait a couple of hours for World of Color. Last time we were there because if how viewing was for standing I could hear the show but not see anything.

You need a Fastpass for World of Color regardless of whether you use the wheelchair section or the regular sections. You cannot use any roped off area, wheelchair or not, without a Fastpass or dinner package.

Yes, all wheelchair seats are all the way in the back - you sit a little higher, but you will not see anything happening at water level or the bottom 10 feet of the show or so.

To get a good spot (or any spot) in the wheelchair section, you must get there early. At the very least, you should get there at the beginning of the time it says to on your FP (which i think is about an hour prior to show time).

Talk to a CM about your options, but last time I was there I had to wait in the regular line at which point they were going to pull me out to put me in the wheelchair section. I asked to wait to the side, but I was still there about 90 minutes prior to show time.

I am afraid there is no good way to watch that show in a wheelchair in my opinion. You just have to make the best of whatever sytem they have (which seems to change frequently)

I know this thread isn't recent, but I'm only now trying to figure out WOC for next month.

If you have somebody in your party in a wheelchair, do you have to sit in the wheelchair seating? Could they see ok from somewhere like up at the railing on the blue bridge? How far before the show would somebody need to show up in order to get a spot over there? I'm not concerned with the fact that the view is from the side. From what I'm reading, those wheelchair spots fill up pretty early and it can be difficult to see over people's heads and the person in the wheelchair is a child. We also have an autistic child with us so we can only arrive so much before the show and we need to be somewhere not quite as packed in. Would the blue bridge be a good spot or would there be somewhere better? I don't mind paying for the dining package or arriving early at the park one day to get a FP. I'm just trying to figure out what will best meet all of our needs or if I'm just setting ourselves up for a miserable experience because of our needs.

I did World of Color and did the dinner package. Was very disappointed in where we were put. Once people put there kids on top top of their shoulders it was an obstructive view. Nothing you can do about that. The way the World of Color is set up is very poor if you sit in a wheelchair. Though the seating was awful the food was really good. So get the package if you want a guaranteed spot.

I did get a chance to see it again when I told a cast member how awful the last time was. It was better so maybe they have improved the view.

I think the bridge is a better idea since you are up higher. The show is really nice but those sitting really struggle for a decent view.

Irland_nicole, I saw your response about WOC in my other thread but I figured I'd keep that stuff here since I'm responding to Belle1997 as well.

Thank you both for sharing your experiences regarding WOC. It helps even if it's not what I want to hear.

We can't wait around for an hour or more. If that's a requirement to get a decent wheelchair spot even with FPs and/or dining package then we have to skip it.

I want to eat at Ariel's Grotto because I've read some decent allergy reviews, not because of the package. Since WOC is playing every night we're there, I figure a lunch ADR means we've got the dining passes anyway. We'll be staying at the Tropicana so it's easy to just pop back to the park if everybody's up to it. I can talk to a CM about our options when we get there and just skip it if there isn't anywhere that has a view that isn't blocked by heads. I was thinking of doing this on our first full park day (we'll be checking into our DL hotel the day before and doing some fillers). If that doesn't work out I can always get regular FPs another day and try that route I guess. I'm certainly not getting all that encouraged.

If I have a dining package, can we go to the FP area instead? I'm hoping to be able to give the bridge a try and I'm not so confident about our view from the HC area with the time we'd have to show up.

They don't do the dining package at Ariel's grotto for lunch they only do dinner. Lunch is a princess character meal

I know this thread isn't recent, but I'm only now trying to figure out WOC for next month.

If you have somebody in your party in a wheelchair, do you have to sit in the wheelchair seating? Could they see ok from somewhere like up at the railing on the blue bridge? How far before the show would somebody need to show up in order to get a spot over there? I'm not concerned with the fact that the view is from the side. From what I'm reading, those wheelchair spots fill up pretty early and it can be difficult to see over people's heads and the person in the wheelchair is a child. We also have an autistic child with us so we can only arrive so much before the show and we need to be somewhere not quite as packed in. Would the blue bridge be a good spot or would there be somewhere better? I don't mind paying for the dining package or arriving early at the park one day to get a FP. I'm just trying to figure out what will best meet all of our needs or if I'm just setting ourselves up for a miserable experience because of our needs.

Off topic, but we're arriving 2 days after you and staying at the Tropicana. :)

Frack! Ariel's Grotto WOC meals are only for dinner and not lunch. It does NOT go very well for DD15 when we do TS dinners (gotta stick with her schedule) so I guess we won't be doing the dining package. It's not worth the almost guaranteed at a minimum borderline meltdown for a most likely obstructed view. Maybe there'll still be FPs left once we've finished our Magic Morning touring that morning so we can still have an option of going. The next day is a break day so it's just a good night to go.

Off topic, but we're arriving 2 days after you and staying at the Tropicana. :)

We might see you at the pool. We'll be there for 6 nights and we do a lot of pool time.

You might see my DH at breakfast but the rest of us will be cooking breakfast in our room due to allergies (we've got a suite with a kitchen) though really DH should too since he's diabetic and the limited breakfast at the hotel is simple carbs that just aren't good for him.

Are wheelchairs or ECVs allowed in the regular viewing areas? We will be traveling with a friend who has a bad knee and back and last time we visited he had a hard time standing and waiting for the show for so long. He is planning to rent an ECV to make it easier for him to move around the park with less pain and I didn't know if we could just get regular or dinner fast passes and all be together in the same area.

TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter