World of Color Superthread

Your post was moved here precisely because the topic is about WOC and, thus, it belongs here in the WOC Superthread. Rather than have hundreds of separate threads located on hundreds of different pages throughout this board, it is much easier to have one superthread covering one major topic. You really only need to read the first post and, maybe, the last 10-15 pages or so to get caught up. If you can't find what you want there, post a new question at the end of the last page. Much easier and more efficient to be looking in one major thread than to be skimming through dozens of pages on this board -- and your post can also help other people who might be looking through this thread trying to find the answer to the same question.
Maybe nice to have sub threads for Dessert Party/Dinner and then general WOC thread inked together... as right now, it is mixed as far as showtimes, dates, fast pass, dessert and holiday shows vs. regular and hard to find things.

Maybe nice to have sub threads for Dessert Party/Dinner and then general WOC thread inked together... as right now, it is mixed as far as showtimes, dates, fast pass, dessert and holiday shows vs. regular and hard to find things.
If someone wants to volunteer to do that, great. As it is now, this superthread works better than our very moody search function and it gives you a more specific place to look for information than using Google. This thread is where our WOC veterans come to help people out -- they know to come here to answer questions. Right now, this option seems to be working.

If someone wants to volunteer to do that, great. As it is now, this superthread works better than our very moody search function and it gives you a more specific place to look for information than using Google. This thread is where our WOC veterans come to help people out -- they know to come here to answer questions. Right now, this option seems to be working.
I totally understand your point and I really like those super threads and the great mods who keep the board clean... especially with SWGE it would have been a complete mess without it. But here is the but... if you don’t follow along it it is quite daunting to read/ search such long threads. (that’s why the same questions are asked over and over again in the SWGE thread) I’ve stalked this board for the last year excessively so I am up to date with all those threads (Actually I read pretty much every thread even those completely unrelated to my vacation like flexpass or Halloween:blush:) but I was also looking for dessert party information and used the search function and didn’t find much besides the bits of information in trip reports and this thread. I think a “super thread” or “how to thread” about the dessert party would be handy... because I think the dessert party is some what special but of course someone has to do that work first and till then this thread is the way to go... so at least the information is in one place!

but now... back to the topic I guess...

I was just checking the WoC dessert party ADR page and it seems like they are now offering the party for the second show on the weekends.
I really like that idea, too. I am curious though if they will be able to fully book 2 dessert party’s per night regularly.
I just checked the schedule and tried some dates and I think they added the 2nd dessert party for every night they offer 2 WOC shows (but checked just a couple of dates). I find it pretty curious they added them throughout November and not just December...

I have a reservation for Dec 4 at 8:15. That's the only time option given, so I assume that means there is only one dessert party that night?

ETA: I'm a long time member of this board, but have never done WoC/dessert party and have not tried to read about it on this thread. But this year, my sister and I wanted to try it during the Christmas season so I asked some questions and got good responses. Then suddenly I couldn't find my thread and figured out it had been merged, which I do understand but also have to agree that it is just too much to slog back through 154 pages of random info about WOC to see if someone has answered your question, and then if they have, is it still the same now? I don't really have a solution except to maybe let the newer posts like mine and Lm3js sit for a day or 2 before merging them, which is what happened with mine and which I appreciated because I got most of the info I needed before it was moved.

Last edited:
Quick review of the WoC dessert party - it was our one big splurge of the trip, and boy was it worth it. We had just the most pleasant experience I've probably ever had watching a show at WDW or DLR. We arrived around 8:15, which was what was stated in the reservation but must have been late because most of the tables were full up. But we still had our choice of a low or high top, and we had a fantastic view. The desserts were amazing (we did the HEA party at WDW and we couldn't believe how terrible the desserts were...). It was SO much food, everyone found something they liked, we were all stuffed and we all took home containers. Our server was super attentive, all in all... it was totally great.

And the show was incredible too!

I’ve wondered the same thing-here and the swge thread. One thing that would be awesome is if it would be possible to have an index to the thread in the first post, so folks could jump to the most updated info?

... But here is the but... if you don’t follow along it it is quite daunting to read/ search such long threads... I was also looking for dessert party information and used the search function and didn’t find much besides the bits of information in trip reports and this thread. I think a “super thread” or “how to thread” about the dessert party would be handy... because I think the dessert party is some what special but of course someone has to do that work first and till then this thread is the way to go... so at least the information is in one place!...
If someone here wants to take the time to create a how-to thread about the WOC Dessert Party, that's great. HydroGuy created the first post and started this superthread on his own to help his fellow DISers. He is not a mod and was not paid to do this. People also can check other blogs for information. Disneyland Daily is a great resource -- there are good reviews and how-tos for the dining packages there. Nothing is stopping people from doing their own research (and I know that you do a lot of research on your own -- so thank you!). But having the superthreads is a way to create a one-stop-shop for folks to ask their questions and to get answers in one place -- and for lurkers to find that information in one place -- without littering the boards with hundreds of posts asking the same questions repeatedly.

... I do understand but also have to agree that it is just too much to slog back through 154 pages of random info about WOC to see if someone has answered your question, and then if they have, is it still the same now?...
No one needs to read all the pages in any superthread -- the information on the earlier pages won't be accurate anyway with the speed that Disney makes changes these days. People only need to look over the first post for the basics, then check the last 10-20 pages (depending on whether any major news has happened recently -- sometimes pages can add on very quickly). If the information isn't there, then post a new question. Leaving the posts unmerged for a few days doesn't really work around here. We've tried that and information gets cross posted and tangled up, sometimes creating more confusion than help when people try to go back to find what they need.

I’ve wondered the same thing-here and the swge thread. One thing that would be awesome is if it would be possible to have an index to the thread in the first post, so folks could jump to the most updated info?
Are you volunteering to be our superthread librarian? ;)

Yes.. I guess that would be ideal... do a “all you need to know” on page one and then regularly link it to new and interesting/ noteworthy posts throughout the thread... but that is a ton of work!!! and the one doing it has to be updating it regularly. That’s to much to ask for to be honest!

And the fact that if you ask a question (even if it’s answered already lots of times) is always answered nicely and helpful and pretty quickly is an awesome thing. If your question gets lost in a super thread... no problem just ask again. That’s the great thing here on the board...

I have a reservation for Dec 4 at 8:15. That's the only time option given, so I assume that means there is only one dessert party that night?
Guess who’s also going Dec 4th ?:wave:
That week looks like Disney is going a bit slower. A little shorter hours and no F! during the week and just one WOC but they scheduled fireworks.

So far Disney didn’t add any shows in November/December but just added a second party if there already was a second WOC show... As I have said: interesting move. Especially just a couple of days after making the dessert party’s viewing area bigger.
Guess Disney found out that the dessert party is something similar to printing money...

Yes.. I guess that would be ideal... do a “all you need to know” on page one and then regularly link it to new and interesting/ noteworthy posts throughout the thread... but that is a ton of work!!!...
The thing is, we have threads like that at the top of the first page called Sticky Threads, which I try to point out on a regular basis. And you would not believe how many people have never even noticed those threads at all! In fact, this superthread is included in those stickies on the first page. So someone can go through a lot of trouble and do a lot of work, only to have most people ignore it completely and complain. Oh well...
Now, back to discussing WOC!

Do World of Color fastpasses run out? We are wanting to see it first week of December. Probably won't have maxpass. The day we are looking at going is Wednesday and I was thinking someone could run over after a breakfast reservation at Plaza Inn, around 11 AM? Would they still be available?

There is only one show that day (December 4), so I wouldn't expect there to be Fastpasses available that late in the morning. And if, somehow, they were available, they certainly wouldn't be for the better viewing area (which are the first passes distributed). So I would strongly recommend planning to see World of Color on a day when you can either start your day at California Adventure or purchase MaxPass.

Most likely no. Even on a day when there are 2 shows. WOC and fantasmic fastpasses go much faster now since they are available via maxpass

Instead of someone running over after breakfast, maybe show up 15-20 minutes early and have someone run over before breakfast.

And depending on where you’re coming from, it might be easy to enter DCA through GCH and grab a WoC FP since the machine is pretty close to that entrance.

Is it still correct that tickets can be scanned into either park to get a fastpass? My family could all scan into Disneyland then I could run get fastpasses in DCA then meet back up with them in Disneyland?

Is it possible to watch WOC at 8:15 and then make it to the hub area at DL for fireworks at 9:30? Probably not hey?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter