World of Color Superthread

I’ve read parties are seated with different groups. Would a party of 3 have to share a table with anyone else?
We are a party of 3 that just did the dessert party on Wednesday and we were seated with a single guest. She was traveling by herself and we really enjoyed sitting with her. So yes it does happen.

We got in line at 8:30 for the 9:15 party and were maybe 6th in line. When I checked in I requested a hi-top and the attendant told me to ask when we were seated. They started seating a little after 9 and were taking requests as they seated us. Well worth the money in our opinion, waiter was very attentive and quite a bit of food. We all took a box back to the hotel for breakfast. And the chair was worth the price of admission!!!

We are a party of 3 that just did the dessert party on Wednesday and we were seated with a single guest. She was traveling by herself and we really enjoyed sitting with her. So yes it does happen.

We got in line at 8:30 for the 9:15 party and were maybe 6th in line. When I checked in I requested a hi-top and the attendant told me to ask when we were seated. They started seating a little after 9 and were taking requests as they seated us. Well worth the money in our opinion, waiter was very attentive and quite a bit of food. We all took a box back to the hotel for breakfast. And the chair was worth the price of admission!!!
Desert for breakfast? That sounds like a great way to start a Disney day!

Was debating for the last week about attending the Dessert Party. Thanks to this thread, I'm in! Just booked for December 13th (Friday the 13th, Season of Light, a seat at a table, dessert...what could be better.) I'm one of those solo travelers that will be seated with another party. Hoping for some fun folks that haven't seen the show yet like myself. Really looking forward to it!!

Do they have different sizes of tables at the dessert party? How would they normally seat a party of 5 with 3 adults and 2 younger kids? Would we all fit at one table? Are there larger tables for big parties that we may share? Surely they would not split us into two tables?!
We were a party of 5 - 3 adults and 2 teens - and fit just fine at one table.

Quick question...
On our dates WOC starts at 9pm. We have the dessert party booked ( :woohoo: ). DL closes the park at 10pm. (Fireworks scheduled for 9:30 pm) Would we be able to get back in DL after WOC without rushing like crazy?
It will be our last evening and I might wanna enjoy mainstreet and hang out there a bit and then say goodby to the parks...
Walking back in crowds would be fine but I don’t wanna rush and have to walk faster than the crowds to make it and stress me out...
Any opinions?

Quick question...
On our dates WOC starts at 9pm. We have the dessert party booked ( :woohoo: ). DL closes the park at 10pm. (Fireworks scheduled for 9:30 pm) Would we be able to get back in DL after WOC without rushing like crazy?
It will be our last evening and I might wanna enjoy mainstreet and hang out there a bit and then say goodby to the parks...
Walking back in crowds would be fine but I don’t wanna rush and have to walk faster than the crowds to make it and stress me out...
Any opinions?

The Disneyland fireworks are around 20 minutes, aren't they? WOC is about half an hour if memory serves me right. So chances are that by the time you'd cross parks you'd be incoming traffic towards the exiting fireworks crowds. That won't be too pleasant.

Has anyone used Maxpass recently on a night with two showings of WOC?
Do they offer the first show only, then the 2nd show? Or give you a choice of shows all morning?

Does anyone have a map of the current viewing sections?
See the first post in this superthread. The Dessert Party section now extends into the blue circle toward the 5, but other than that, the map is still fairly accurate.

Last edited:
Could someone point me to some recent reviews / threads on the WOC Dessert Party? I searched (both Dessert and Desert) and didn't see any real reviews.. just mostly thoughts on seating and whether to go with the party or woc dinner option. Looking for information on what / how much you get as desserts, recent drink options, etc. Thanks in advance. I'm looking to go week of Thanksgiving for the holiday version of woc.

Could someone point me to some recent reviews / threads on the WOC Dessert Party? I searched (both Dessert and Desert) and didn't see any real reviews.. just mostly thoughts on seating and whether to go with the party or woc dinner option. Looking for information on what / how much you get as desserts, recent drink options, etc. Thanks in advance. I'm looking to go week of Thanksgiving for the holiday version of woc.

I had to cancel this year due to adding a second night at the Chefs Counter at Napa Rose, but last year and the year before they had basically been about the same. Some cheese, fruit, three or four little treats/chocolates, I think a chocolate covered strawberry or two, etc. There also were some weird bread stick type things that were kinda thin (think drink straw sized) that had a nice crunch to them and was really good. If I recall they include one alcoholic drink (but not totally positive on that) and some hot drinks like coffee, hot chocolate, tea, etc. Each item on it's own isn't terribly fancy, but put together at a high top table looking over the show, it feels fancy. It's a large plate and pretty full of the above items; if you find a review from 2018 or even 2017 I would feel fairly safe on it being roughly the same type of stuff/amounts.

If you had a table service dinner and then a couple hours later this, I think it would be too much food. If you skipped dinner and just had lunch and this, I think you'll be hungry. Maybe a corn dog snack at like 4pm would work, or a late night snack over at Disney before the park closes and after WOC.

I usually do some kind of breakfast at like 10am (either table service or grab and go) and then a "late lunch" at like 3:30pm and then WOC and am pretty ok. I've heard you can ask for some of the stuff to be boxed to go if you're staying on site or near by...

https://mickeyvisit.com/world-of-color-dessert-party/
That looks very similar to the two times I've done it (Fall of 2018 and 2017), but the bread basket is a little different than I remember. Again, the food is good, but not like super fancy... it's after being on your feet for 10+ hours being able to sit down and watch a great show and enjoy some great treats. Worth every penny to me and was really sad they didn't have a Halloween Party dessert party... even if it had been higher priced I probably would have gone for it!

There was too much food. We had to have our treats boxed up. That being said, it's not a dinner. It's not really comparable to one of the dinner options. You're paying for the seat and it was worth it to us. But we were two singles. I wouldn't pay for my family of 4 to see WOC in seats.

We were allowed 2 alcoholic beverages. I think we chose the sparkling wine. I can't remember the other options. We went in March 2018.

I am also eager to know everything about the dessert party as well so I hop on this thread...

Another question about the beverages... if I order those 2 alcoholic beverages... am I allowed to order something else to drink additionally or just those 2? Some hot chocolate to warm up a little or coke to satisfy thirst?
As far as I understand it you get free refills with everything besides the limit of 2 for the alcoholic ones?

I am also eager to know everything about the dessert party as well so I hop on this thread...

Another question about the beverages... if I order those 2 alcoholic beverages... am I allowed to order something else to drink additionally or just those 2? Some hot chocolate to warm up a little or coke to satisfy thirst?
As far as I understand it you get free refills with everything besides the limit of 2 for the alcoholic ones?

I believe that is true. I'm pretty sure I've had the sparkling wine and then asked for a hot chocolate to warm up with and had no issues. I think if you had your two alcoholic drinks and then asked for soda or hot chocolate/coffee/tea you would be ok.

My family just did the WOC Dessert Party last week. We loved it! Great seating (you can be at a high top or low top table...CM will ask you as you check in). Wide selection of beverages. And the dessert platter blew me away. There was so much that we ended up getting a to-go box (CM supplied that) to take back to the hotel. Several cheeses...the brie was great! Crackers and toasts. Amazing. Great location. It's pricey, but for a treat, we'd do it again. For medical reasons, one of our party needed a low-sugar plate. No problem. I just called and they arranged a beautiful plate for him.

Attachments

• DGP1+g+9Rl61osf5YsIbSQ.jpg
    DGP1+g+9Rl61osf5YsIbSQ.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 33
  • fullsizeoutput_29d2.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_29d2.jpeg
    57.2 KB · Views: 29
Thank you all! My plan for dining that day is snack at the holiday booths. It is the only day I don't have TS reservations for dinner. Usually we do a sit down as we are there from rope drop to close so it is our 'down time' ha ha. Since it is TG week, I'm splurging on it. We did the Star Wars dessert party at WDW and it was fabulous so trying to see how this one was.

Oh man, I wish you hadn't consolidated my post into the super thread. I had tried searching this thread before and it was really not easy to find what I was looking for.

Oh man, I wish you hadn't consolidated my post into the super thread. I had tried searching this thread before and it was really not easy to find what I was looking for.
Your post was moved here precisely because the topic is about WOC and, thus, it belongs here in the WOC Superthread. Rather than have hundreds of separate threads located on hundreds of different pages throughout this board, it is much easier to have one superthread covering one major topic. You really only need to read the first post and, maybe, the last 10-15 pages or so to get caught up. If you can't find what you want there, post a new question at the end of the last page. Much easier and more efficient to be looking in one major thread than to be skimming through dozens of pages on this board -- and your post can also help other people who might be looking through this thread trying to find the answer to the same question.

Is the dessert party offered for the second showing of World of Color or only the first? Our reservation period opens soon and trying to plan and when I looked at the dessert party times there was only one offered (8:15) even for nights with two showings for Season of Light.
I had the same question. I’m pretty sure it’s just that they don’t offer it for the later showing.
I've never seen the Dessert Party offered for the second show, only for the first.
I was just checking the WoC dessert party ADR page and it seems like they are now offering the party for the second show on the weekends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter