World of Color Superthread

The OP talks about the wet zone. The closer you are to the front, the greater the likelihood of getting wet. Getting wet can vary from a light mist to something more significant. You will not get direct water on you like you might get on Splash Mountain. You may however get a sustained mist which over 20 minutes makes you feel quite wet.

:wizard:
Depending on the wind, it is ENTIRELY possible to get drenched in the wet zone. If the wind blows the fountain water toward the crowd, it can result in a major (if brief) downpour directly onto people's heads. This can happen multiple times over the course of a show.

Hi! How can we access the wet zone area? What fp do we need? We were able to do it in 2014, a CM let us directly into that area.. we loved it! Thx! :)

Depending on the wind, it is ENTIRELY possible to get drenched in the wet zone. If the wind blows the fountain water toward the crowd, it can result in a major (if brief) downpour directly onto people's heads. This can happen multiple times over the course of a show.
Thanks for the clarification. I have never had that happen to me personally so would seek clarification.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but in a high wind scenario, there is not water splashing onto people like Splash Mountain or GRR. There is water shot into the air which blows onto some people as it falls back down. I guess that would be more like rain falling if the wind is right. Which would be more than a heavy mist like I described.

Right?

Thanks for the clarification. I have never had that happen to me personally so would seek clarification.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but in a high wind scenario, there is not water splashing onto people like Splash Mountain or GRR. There is water shot into the air which blows onto some people as it falls back down. I guess that would be more like rain falling if the wind is right. Which would be more than a heavy mist like I described.

Right?

It's not a mist, heavy or otherwise. It is like a giant bucket of water coming down on you. Seriously. The one time we were in the wet zone (June, thank goodness, so we weren't freezing afterward) I was soaked to the skin after the first large fountain event. After that, I got my poncho out. I got hit four times during that show, each of which would have been drenching. The bottoms of my pant legs were even damp.

I didn't want to be in the wet zone for that show - DD and DH insisted. After that, I have never gone there again.

Now that WOC is available thru the MaxPass what time would you say it normally is running out? I am looking at a Tuesday so no early access for hotel guess though they could book it from Disneyland now that it is no longer paper only.

It's not a mist, heavy or otherwise. It is like a giant bucket of water coming down on you. Seriously. The one time we were in the wet zone (June, thank goodness, so we weren't freezing afterward) I was soaked to the skin after the first large fountain event. After that, I got my poncho out. I got hit four times during that show, each of which would have been drenching. The bottoms of my pant legs were even damp.

I didn't want to be in the wet zone for that show - DD and DH insisted. After that, I have never gone there again.
Thanks for sharing your experience!

For others out there who have never seen WOC or have never been in "the wet zone", see #18 below.

I have seen WOC from there 5-6 times. Only one time did I get significantly wet. And it was not nearly as bad as @Winnowill describes. I do not know what the average experience is but IMO one should consider her experience as something that is possible but I do not think is typical.

full

No, probably not typical, but neither is it impossible. It was, however, the first and last time that the wet zone will see me in it. We were in the red section on your map, with a WCT dining package. I wanted to be in the green section by where the question mark is, but I was over-ruled.

No, probably not typical, but neither is it impossible. It was, however, the first and last time that the wet zone will see me in it. We were in the red section on your map, with a WCT dining package. I wanted to be in the green section by where the question mark is, but I was over-ruled.
:thumbsup2

Does anyone know when the reservations for WOC party open? We are going in less than 60 days but the entire month of July is greyed out. Regular restaurants are open but this one is not.

Thanks, I will just keep checking!

I'm waiting as well. As HG mentioned, it's not unusual for them to be late releasing the reservations. It's usually because they are still working out what they want to do with the entertainment schedule for that month. I'm wondering if they are 'considering' going back to 2 shows a night for the peak season - before it went on it's long hiatus they usually had 2 shows a night in peak times but they've only had 1 show a night since it came back, usually at park closing. Time will tell.
If it is 2 shows a night, they only do the Dessert Party for the first showing, at least, that's how it was before.

Don't worry though, this is not one that 'sells' out straight away. Keep checking every day or two and I'm sure it will come up soon.

I’ve been keeping an eye on the reservation calendar to book in July for part of my birthday celebration.

I just noticed that starting July 9th, the price will increase to $84 from $79. :rolleyes2 Looks like I’ll likely book a few days before my actual bday to save $20 on my party of 4!

Just wanted to give a quick heads up to anyone looking to book the party July and on.

I was going to book this for my birthday as well but we dont arrive til the 9th!! thats going to cost us for 5 people :sad:

Thanks for that info - I hadn't noticed that. I've been waiting and watching for July to open up for a while now.
Funny...I am looking to book the 9th as well : )
We could do it on the 8th - that's our first day in the parks but I was wanting to keep it free as a possible early night as we will still likely be getting over jet lag.
Will have a think. It's only two of us so it's not too much of an increase if we do it on the 9th.
It's not a surprise they've raised the price a bit, I think it's been $79 for a long while now, possibly from when they started doing the DP.

I’ve been keeping an eye on the reservation calendar to book in July for part of my birthday celebration.

I just noticed that starting July 9th, the price will increase to $84 from $79. :rolleyes2 Looks like I’ll likely book a few days before my actual bday to save $20 on my party of 4!

Just wanted to give a quick heads up to anyone looking to book the party July and on.

Thank you for posting this news! It's not such a big deal for parties of one or two people, but, as you noted, for parties of more people, the increase can be significant.

I am also waiting to book on the 9th!! I am waiting not so patiently for the dates to open up!! There will be 4 of us and it will be expensive but we need a place to sit down for my husband to enjoy it!

Well, now some dates for July are available but either they're all booked (doubt it) or there's more of a wait for the times to show up. :rolleyes1

Yes, I was excited to see my dates show but when I select the number of people it said no time available. So I will just keep checking our dates until it becomes available. I would also love to see park hours for our mid July dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter