World of Color Superthread

Woah, hit or miss is not ok! We’ve never had issues with allergies at DLR. Tell them about the allergy when you book (or call them up to add a note if you’ve already booked). Done this party a few times with allergies (though not peanut) no issues. They gave a different wristband to the person with the allergy and prepped them a special dessert plate that was safe for their allergy.

@gottalovepluto What I mean by hit and miss is this. Star Wars Weekend dessert party we were given little glass jars with what I would call tasteless mud for a peanut free options. Next year for SWW VIP tour they chef gave us a plateful of delicious peanut free desserts.

Two years ago, called about the Wishes dessert party and was told there would be numerous peanut free options. The night of, was told there was some fruit we could have. Just trying to set expectations before booking.

Thank you for your insight.

We just did the WOC dessert party with my niece who has a gluten intolerance. I noted this at the time of reservation. They brought her gluten free bread and her dessert plate was mostly fruit with a few little desserts too. She LOVED it and actually threw her arms in the air and yelled, “I love Disneyland!”, when they brought out her bread and plate.
My daughter has a severe peanut allergy but I did not note this on the reservation. We’ve been doing oral immunotherapy for her, for the last 5 years so she is free to eat anything that is cross contaminated with peanuts she just doesn’t eat extra peanuts above her “dose”. When they brought her plate out I asked if peanuts were an ingredient in any of the desserts. Our server said that the desserts didn’t contain peanuts but did have almond and maybe 1 other nut (can’t remember). So it wasn’t an issue for us but I don’t know what we would’ve gotten had we requested peanut free plate. I have a feeling someone else will post that has done the dessert party “peanut free” before with better information for you.

We've always made special allergy requests and always received exactly what we needed at the Dessert Party. Now we have it down to a regular plate for DH and a plate of fruit and cheese for me. Just makes it easier for everyone, and DH is happy to have the extra fruit and cheese to balance out all the sweets. But we've even received calls from a CM to go over my requests to make sure that everything would be safe for me. DLR is great at dealing with food needs! Just make sure to communicate your needs clearly and to confirm/reconfirm before your visit and at check in.

Last edited:
There will be 5 of us in our party. My mom will be on a scooter. If we pull FP in the morning and when we show up at the show ask for her to be taken to the disability section so she can stay on her scooter will the other 4 of us go with her or do we need to go to the regular FP section. Also if we do stay with her do we sit on the ground? I know there are no chairs just not sure if we would stand(like the other sections) or sit on the ground.

Thanks

It's been more than year since we last used this section, so things may have changed recently. But if it's crowded they will limit you to a single family member with your mom and the rest of you can go the regular FP section. They do have benches but they ask that only one person sit on them, the rest of you will need to stand behind the wheelchairs and scooters.

Good morning!

We are heading to Disneyland for the first time 6/13-6/16 (and yes, we have a SWGE reservation since we are staying at DLH). We cannot wait!

My questions are around nightly entertainment. It looks like the schedules are all posted for our stay. The first night on Thursday, we don't plan on doing much. We are flying that day from the East Coast and expect to be tired. We'll hit the parks from 1 - 6 pm or so before heading back to the hotel to swim and get some rest.

On Friday, we have a Fantasmic package at Blue Bayou. It's also a grad night so I figured that would be the best day to be in DL for evening entertainment. Is that true? I have a package for the following day to so I can flip flop if that makes sense. Thoughts?

On Saturday (our last night), we would like to catch the WoC show. We don't want to do a dessert party or meal for reserved seating. We are happy to grab a Fast Pass if that's the best route but don't really want to spend hours holding a spot. Is there a recommended viewing area that we can see relatively well from without a ton of waiting? Perfect isn't necessary, I would settle for decent.

My last question about WoC is the timing. It looks like DCA is open that day until 10 pm but WoC is also scheduled for 10 pm. How does this work? It's throwing off my plan to see Carsland at night because I was thinking after WoC. We will now have to visit Carsland before WoC which also hinders our being able to save seats too far in advance.

Bottom line - there is too much to do in 2 full days and 2 half days. We have so much we want to get around to experiencing. Thanks for the advice!

DisPhanatic

This is the classic thread on all things WOC: World of Color Superthread. Read the first post very carefully for all the basic information on WOC and the viewing area. Knowledge is definitely power when it comes to WOC! The quality of your viewing spot depends directly on the amount of time and money you are willing to invest in your spot. There is good-to-great viewing in all FP areas, free and paid. And there is mediocre-to-poor viewing in all areas, free and paid. Doing your research before viewing the show will really pay off.
WOC often shows after park closing. Non-WOC guests will leave the park. Guests with WOC FPs will be allowed to stay to view the show.

On Saturday (our last night), we would like to catch the WoC show. We don't want to do a dessert party or meal for reserved seating. We are happy to grab a Fast Pass if that's the best route but don't really want to spend hours holding a spot. Is there a recommended viewing area that we can see relatively well from without a ton of waiting? Perfect isn't necessary, I would settle for decent.

My last question about WoC is the timing. It looks like DCA is open that day until 10 pm but WoC is also scheduled for 10 pm. How does this work? It's throwing off my plan to see Carsland at night because I was thinking after WoC. We will now have to visit Carsland before WoC which also hinders our being able to save seats too far in advance.

DisPhanatic
My DD and I went to DCA the beginning of April. We pulled a blue fast pass. We rode rides until 9:45. Walked over to the blue section. As we entered I noticed that the path is right above the dessert party. So we stopped there and waited 15 minutes for WOC to start. We could see everything, and leaving was so easy as we were ahead of the crowd. We've gone way early in the past and sat and waited forever, and after this trip, I will either do the dessert party or repeat what we did in April.

My DD and I went to DCA the beginning of April. We pulled a blue fast pass. We rode rides until 9:45. Walked over to the blue section. As we entered I noticed that the path is right above the dessert party. So we stopped there and waited 15 minutes for WOC to start. We could see everything, and leaving was so easy as we were ahead of the crowd. We've gone way early in the past and sat and waited forever, and after this trip, I will either do the dessert party or repeat what we did in April.

This sounds like a great strategy and is exactly the tip I needed. Thank you!

Sad that WOC was cancelled the one night we had in DLR. We used a FP on it and wasted over an hour standing around in DCA. :/ It's a bummer they don't replace the fastpass like they would if it was a ride! I've never bothered to get a FP for a show at WDW but since this was my first time at DLR I wanted to see what the hype was for WOC. :'( It happens, though.

The unofficial guide to Disneyland indicates that the viewing areas for Carthay Circle and Wine Country Trattoria are separate areas. The WoC superthread seems to indicate that there is one viewing area for the dining package regardless of restaurant - the green area in the picture shown in the thread.

Which one is right?

The unofficial guide to Disneyland indicates that the viewing areas for Carthay Circle and Wine Country Trattoria are separate areas. The WoC superthread seems to indicate that there is one viewing area for the dining package regardless of restaurant - the green area in the picture shown in the thread.

Which one is right?
The green areas in the photo are two separate areas: the one closer to the water is for WCT and the one further back is for CCR. Guests have reported being able to request moving from the CCR area to the WCT area, but not vice versa.

The green areas in the photo are two separate areas: the one closer to the water is for WCT and the one further back is for CCR. Guests have reported being able to request moving from the CCR area to the WCT area, but not vice versa.
OP here and yep! :thumbsup2

:wizard:

What is the "wet risk" in the WCT area?
The OP talks about the wet zone. The closer you are to the front, the greater the likelihood of getting wet. Getting wet can vary from a light mist to something more significant. You will not get direct water on you like you might get on Splash Mountain. You may however get a sustained mist which over 20 minutes makes you feel quite wet.

The OP talks about the wet zone. The closer you are to the front, the greater the likelihood of getting wet. Getting wet can vary from a light mist to something more significant. You will not get direct water on you like you might get on Splash Mountain. You may however get a sustained mist which over 20 minutes makes you feel quite wet.

I am not a fan of getting wet at WOC. Last time I looked at the water in that area, I was not wanting to get that specific water on me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter