World of Color Superthread

I agree that if WOC is still doing only one show per night, then 45 minutes wait time (is this total? or 45 minutes before the viewing area opens before the show?) for a prime spot in any section (other than the Dessert Party -- and "prime" in that section is totally subjective since there are only two rows) is leaving a lot to luck.
@Sydneyrella: We've seen WOC many times from all the sections and our favorite, like mom2rtk says, is the closer, more immersive view. But the other views aren't bad, just not our favorite. For some people, the further back, big picture view is their favorite. But everyone agrees that being behind people with kids on their shoulders is a super bad view. And to avoid that, I'm willing to invest as much time as needed to get the great view that I know is possible.

I agree that if WOC is still doing only one show per night, then 45 minutes wait time (is this total? or 45 minutes before the viewing area opens before the show?) for a prime spot in any section (other than the Dessert Party -- and "prime" in that section is totally subjective since there are only two rows) is leaving a lot to luck.
@Sydneyrella: We've seen WOC many times from all the sections and our favorite, like mom2rtk says, is the closer, more immersive view. But the other views aren't bad, just not our favorite. For some people, the further back, big picture view is their favorite. But everyone agrees that being behind people with kids on their shoulders is a super bad view. And to avoid that, I'm willing to invest as much time as needed to get the great view that I know is possible.

Thank you. i was thinking 45 min waiting in line to get into the area.

Thank you. i was thinking 45 min waiting in line to get into the area.
For the free FP areas, if you don't need to be up at a railing, 45 minutes will probably be okay, but maybe not great. For the CCR and WCT dining package areas, it will depend on how crowded those areas will be on your night. Some nights, less than 45 minutes is fine. Other nights, more time is better. For the first show, we plan to invest up to 90 minutes to get the spots we want. That way, if less time is needed, fine. If WOC has two shows during your dates and you view the second show, there is usually less wait time involved for good spots for that.

I'm from NJ and only come every other year (first world problems, I know) so I'm willing to invest some time to get a front row spot in the CCR area. I'm definitely one of those people who brings a book and camps out on a bench near the access point before it officially opens. I usually hunker down about 90 minutes pre-show, and get the spot I want every time. And honestly, after a super long day traversing the parks, sitting down for an extended period of time isn't so bad.

Howdy~
We are coming for first time to DL in July. What are the pros/cons of the WOC Dessert Package vs. the Carthay Circle or Wine Country Dining packages? It’s just my DH and me.
Thanks so much & Cheers

We have done all three and much prefer the dessert party. Being able to sit at a table for the show is what wins in our opinion. You are guaranteed a seat even if you show up just a little bit before the show, with the two dining packages you still have to show up early and save your spot.

The main CON, and it's a big one, is the price of the Dessert party.

Otherwise:

1) The Dinner packages are standing room only (no sitting), and you need to get there early in order to get a good place to stand (especially if you have kids).
2) The Dessert party has seats. Although it is possible to get a seat that isn't as good as other seats, it's still a seat. It's still a good idea to get there early, but not as necessary.
3) Note that with Dessert party, since you are only two people, it is likely you will be seated with another couple.
4) The desserts themselves are not that great (especially for the price), but you are arguably paying more for the seats. You can request a box to take the desserts home.
5) You do get two drinks during the dessert party (if it's cold, you might two alcoholic drinks and 1 hot drink, but no guarantees).

As far as the view, there are great views in both, as long as you get there early.

This is from the World of Color Superthread:
... Some people prefer the dinner dining packages (either CCR or WCT) because they want a full meal for the price paid. Totally understandable. Other people prefer the Dessert Party dining package because they want a guaranteed seat in a guaranteed chair. Totally understandable. The choice is up to you. We've had great viewing in all FP areas -- free (yellow and blue), CCR, WCT, and the Dessert Party. And there have been reports of poor to very poor viewing in all FP areas, including the Dessert Party. There is NO guarantee of perfect viewing in any area for WOC. And there is good-to-great viewing in ALL areas. It all comes down to how much research you do beforehand, how much time you are willing to invest in waiting for good spots, and how much money you are willing to pay (if any) for your viewing area or seats. All areas, including the Dessert Party, will require some kind of a wait unless you don't care where you end up. As suggested above, read the first post in this superthread, and maybe the last few pages to get the latest updates, then see which option (free FP, CCR package, WCT package, or the Dessert Party) will be the best fit for your family.

Do you want to sit in a chair (Dessert Party) or stand for viewing (CCR or WCT)?
Do you want a plate of fruit, cheese, and sweets (Dessert Party) or a 3 course meal (CCR or WCT) for the price you pay?
If deciding between CCR and WCT, look over the menus online to see which one appeals to you more.
Do you want a big picture, further back view (Dessert Party) or a close up, immersive view (WCT or free FP)? Some people don't care which they get and others really do care.
There is no way to guarantee a perfect view for WOC with any package. This cannot be repeated enough. And there is great viewing in all sections: free and paid. And there is a risk of poor to very poor viewing in all sections: free and paid (and this includes the Dessert Party, too). We've done all the options and had great viewing in all areas. It really comes down to doing the research ahead of time and investing the wait time to get the spots you want. Even with the Dessert Party, unless you really don't care where you sit (and with only two rows of tables, how far back could you be?), it's better not to just show up at the last minute. When I pay that much for a seat, I don't want to leave my viewing location up to chance.

Last edited:
We have done all three and much prefer the dessert party. Being able to sit at a table for the show is what wins in our opinion. You are guaranteed a seat even if you show up just a little bit before the show, with the two dining packages you still have to show up early and save your spot.
Thank you. Very good to know. That probably just made my decision.

The main CON, and it's a big one, is the price of the Dessert party.

Otherwise:

1) The Dinner packages are standing room only (no sitting), and you need to get there early in order to get a good place to stand (especially if you have kids).
2) The Dessert party has seats. Although it is possible to get a seat that isn't as good as other seats, it's still a seat. It's still a good idea to get there early, but not as necessary.
3) Note that with Dessert party, since you are only two people, it is likely you will be seated with another couple.
4) The desserts themselves are not that great (especially for the price), but you are arguably paying more for the seats. You can request a box to take the desserts home.
5) You do get two drinks during the dessert party (if it's cold, you might two alcoholic drinks and 1 hot drink, but no guarantees).

As far as the view, there are great views in both, as long as you get there early.
Thank you. Good info to consider.

Thank you. Very good to know. That probably just made my decision.

Glad it helped!

Don’t get me wrong, we liked the dining packages and in fact have done the one at Carthay twice but for us, we liked having chairs!

We also tend to eat lightly at DL and it worked for us to have a light meal mid afternoon (we went to Alfresco Tasting Terrace) so the bread, cheese and desserts before the show were plenty. We even brought a ton back to the hotel!

Glad it helped!

Don’t get me wrong, we liked the dining packages and in fact have done the one at Carthay twice but for us, we liked having chairs!

We also tend to eat lightly at DL and it worked for us to have a light meal mid afternoon (we went to Alfresco Tasting Terrace) so the bread, cheese and desserts before the show were plenty. We even brought a ton back to the hotel!
That sounds like a great plan :)

This is from the World of Color Superthread:

Do you want to sit in a chair (Dessert Party) or stand for viewing (CCR or WCT)?
Do you want a plate of fruit, cheese, and sweets (Dessert Party) or a 3 course meal (CCR or WCT) for the price you pay?
If deciding between CCR and WCT, look over the menus online to see which one appeals to you more.
Do you want a big picture, further back view (Dessert Party) or a close up, immersive view (WCT or free FP)? Some people don't care which they get and others really do care.
There is no way to guarantee a perfect view for WOC with any package. This cannot be repeated enough. And there is great viewing in all sections: free and paid. And there is a risk of poor to very poor viewing in all sections: free and paid (and this includes the Dessert Party, too). We've done all the options and had great viewing in all areas. It really comes down to doing the research ahead of time and investing the wait time to get the spots you want. Even with the Dessert Party, unless you really don't care where you sit (and with only two rows of tables, how far back could you be?), it's better not to just show up at the last minute. When I pay that much for a seat, I don't want to leave my viewing location up to chance.
Thank you for all this info.

We have only done the dessert party and will do it again at some point. Sitting in a chair was such a luxury versus sitting on the cement forever and then standing to watch the show. If you decide to do the dessert party, do some research to see where you would like to sit. High vs. low table and to the right, middle or left in the section. You can request where you would like to sit when you get there.

Someone made a suggestion of bringing some extra bread (go to Boudin for this) because there generally isn't enough bread for the amount of cheese provided. I think this is a brilliant idea. We asked for more bread and were brought some, but this is not commonly done.

Has anyone done the dessert party with a peanut allergy? They can be hit or miss with food allergies in Disney World. Would hate to arrive and find out most or all of the food is off limits.

Thank you,

Woah, hit or miss is not ok! We’ve never had issues with allergies at DLR. Tell them about the allergy when you book (or call them up to add a note if you’ve already booked). Done this party a few times with allergies (though not peanut) no issues. They gave a different wristband to the person with the allergy and prepped them a special dessert plate that was safe for their allergy.

Last edited:
Is this bookable online? I have looked for it and can't seem to find it. Do I need to call? We aren't going until July 6 so our dates aren't open yet but even just looking for it on the website I can't find it. Thanks in advance for your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter