World of Color Status Watch?

I hope they get this figured out by Jan 20ish when I will be there. If it is just still broken I hope they keep the parade going at least.

Half of the platform (one of the two? I’m not clear on the set up) was submerged for several hours yesterday.

The page on the website still comes up for me, and still says it's closed through "late 2018."

I’ve been watching the HOJO camera since Sat morning and they definitely haven’t tested it the last 4 nights. Unless they have been low testing the fountains?

I’ve been watching the HOJO camera since Sat morning and they definitely haven’t tested it the last 4 nights. Unless they have been low testing the fountains?
I wouldn't be surprised if they only test during the week. Yesterday was a government holiday here so they may not have had folks working last night either. We were in the parks yesterday and there did not appear to be anyone working in Galaxy's Edge so it may have been a holiday for some of those types of construction/engineering type workers (obviously NOT a holiday for plenty of regular park workers though!).

I wouldn't be surprised if they only test during the week. Yesterday was a government holiday here so they may not have had folks working last night either. We were in the parks yesterday and there did not appear to be anyone working in Galaxy's Edge so it may have been a holiday for some of those types of construction/engineering type workers (obviously NOT a holiday for plenty of regular park workers though!).

My husband did think that they may only rest during the week. The park is only open until 8 tonight so it if anything it will be at 11/12 tonight and easy for me to catch in the morning for us hopefully!

I am worried that this wont ever come back. I read somewhere that these parts are really hard to replace.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY][GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

Current status

Attachments

• 6A5722C2-E029-4584-BB54-862766284069.jpeg
    6A5722C2-E029-4584-BB54-862766284069.jpeg
    227.4 KB · Views: 99
Does anyone know of any locations at the Grand Californian that offer any decent views of Paradise Pier? Other than the Paradise Pier viewing terrace (only for DVC). I may try to sneak a look tonight after 11.

Does anyone know of any locations at the Grand Californian that offer any decent views of Paradise Pier? Other than the Paradise Pier viewing terrace (only for DVC). I may try to sneak a look tonight after 11.
The 6th floor viewing patio is for all GCH and VGC guests, room key is needed to open the door.

Thanks for posting the new photo
Current status
6A5722C2-E029-4584-BB54-862766284069-1.jpeg
This is the center section (out of 3), which was likely the one with problems. Each section has its own "control room" mounted toward the rear of the platform, which are large watertight boxes (similar in size to a shipping container). Flooding of this control room was the likely cause of the extended shutdown.

This photo from early October shows temporary covers over the control room area. There are large coils of wire (control cables) hung on each fountain.
woc_oct.jpg

This is the same section cropped from the current photo. The coils of wire are gone, likely routed to the control room.
woc_nov.jpg

It's nice to see progress is being made, and fingers crossed the show will return soon :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter