World of Color Status Watch?

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by coolmark18, Sep 17, 2018.

1. katyringo

katyringo DIS Veteran

I agree with you. I was just saying what I read elsewhere. I find it all so very odd and secretive!

2. Erin M

Erin M Mouseketeer

I’ve resigned myself to the fact that I won’t get to see WoC in November but this does give me some hope for my February trip. I’d been crossing my fingers as my friend and fellow Disney fanatic are bringing two newbies with us. WoC is something I really want to share with them.

smartlabelprint likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. SmallWorldSoCal

SmallWorldSoCal Earning My Ears

Do any of the hotels nearby have views of this that we could spy on during the alleged night testing?! Hehehe

5. gary1955

gary1955 Mouseketeer

parts of the show can be seen on the Mattercam.

used to be able to see more before the trees got taller.

6. mom2rtk

mom2rtk Invented the term "Characterpalooza"

Paradise Pier has an amazing view of the park, including the WOC area. I have to think we'd hear about it if they were testing.

7. Malcon10t

Malcon10t DIS Veteran

The Hilton has a decent view of the area. We used to wake up in the middle of the night when they rehearsed for the NYE Fireworks show.

8. Lauren in NC

Lauren in NC Mouseketeer

Grand Cal (at least some of the DVC portion) has a great view of WOC as well.

9. ParkHopper1

ParkHopper1 DIS Veteran

There are some non DVC park view rooms that overlook Paradise Bay and Goofy's Sky School...have been in those rooms

10. Nonsuch

Nonsuch DIS Veteran

The Mattercam will at least show if WOC is being tested overnight.
    This is a screen grab from last night. The fountains shoot higher that the Mickey Wheel, and would be clearly visible.
    WOC_mattercam.jpg

11. RE1333

RE1333 Earning My Ears

I have seen a couple of tweets talking about the show being tested at night recently. Someone specifically said it was seen being tested at night last week. Not 100% sure if it was credible, but I thought I’d mention it.

12. Tink1987

Tink1987 DIS Veteran

I’m in the UK so I will keep an eye on the HOJO live camera feed all morning to see if I can spot anything. The time difference will work in my favour.

azdisneylover and Butterfly123 like this.
  13. theluckyrabbit

theluckyrabbit Moderator Moderator

Thank you! Please report if you see anything promising! This is so funny that we're all so involved and connected to this show. :)

DisneyMountainWoman likes this.
  14. millie0312

millie0312 DIS Veteran

On another forum someone was eating lunch at LLL and shared photos of the platform up, then down! She said it was down in the water for maybe 20 mins so hopeful a little at least if it’s moving up and down!

15. RE1333

RE1333 Earning My Ears

Very interesting. What forum was this? I need to add it to my rotation .

I did a little digging and talked to one of the people who mentioned seeing it testing at night. They said it seemed to be after 11pm on weeknights when the park had 8pm closings. They were at Paradise Pier, and it sounded like they saw it happening on multiple nights.

Also, it took me a few days to realize you can actually rewind the live feed on YouTube, but only through the last few hours.

16. katyringo

katyringo DIS Veteran

The plot thickens.....

17. Tink1987

Tink1987 DIS Veteran

I’ve had it on in the background from around midnight to around an hour ago and I saw nothing. Will watch it from earlier in the morning st catch it at 11pm. Will do the same for the next few days!

smartlabelprint likes this.
  18. katyringo

katyringo DIS Veteran

The great color watch of 2018

19. millie0312

millie0312 DIS Veteran

The touring plans forum on the app- I love that one as well as this one!

20. bjmort

bjmort Mouseketeer

Yeah the light barges can’t be used for stage shows. They are extremely high whattage spotlights for seasons of light. If they were used for stage shoes they would blind people lol

StarlitNight05 likes this.
  21. Tink1987

Tink1987 DIS Veteran

Watched again this morning. Nothing. They may not be testing over weekends or the first few tests didn’t go how they wanted if they were testing at all.

Will keep an eye on it all week. I bet it’s difficult for them now when the parks are open later.