World of Color Status Watch?

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by coolmark18, Sep 17, 2018.

1. ColoradoMom!!

ColoradoMom!! Disneyland 1971 with Mickey and Me

Bummer!!

So please remind me..,

What was the source/cause of the original damage? Just age,or something more specific?

RobertaMomof2 likes this.
  2. RobertaMomof2

RobertaMomof2 Mouseketeer

Wondering the same thing, what caused the original issue? Also, bummer deal for sure. Was hoping for a holiday version of it when we went at the end of the year :( Hopefully they still have PTN going.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. AussieCaribou

AussieCaribou Mouseketeer

Disney hasn't released the whole 'what happened' story. There are several theories based on when WoC went down. The most reliable and probable is that a seal on one of the glass projection windows failed when the pond was reflooded. This sent water into the control room damaging the sensitive equipment there.

smartlabelprint likes this.
  5. mummabear

mummabear DIS Veteran

Wow, I obviously missed something, I assummed it was down for a refurb and had no idea it could be down for our Feb trip!

Me too, I missed some vital info somewhere.

6. Jimsig

Jimsig DIS Veteran

For a second I thought I posted in this thread and forgot about it :) That was my daughter too. She loved it. Rode it 10 times one day, 7 times in a row at one point!

We did see workers working on the platform in the lake that day but not sure what they were doing.

7. JohnneeO

JohnneeO Mouseketeer

One of the rumors I have heard relates to the platforms that are raised and lowered for each show, which they are having trouble repairing. In fact, imagineers are finally realizing that moving platforms were a bad design. It would have been a far less complicated design if the platforms had been stationary, and the water level lowered and raised instead.

8. seamour

seamour Mouseketeer

I am so bummed about this, I have waited years to see this show, and we are finally making a trip to DL (WDW is much more affordable and easier for us to do) and no WoC. I sure won't let it ruin our trip, but am sad.

smartlabelprint and crazymomof4 like this.
  9. Lovewinnie

Lovewinnie Mouseketeer

Agree! This was always one of the things I wanted to experience at DL. Our first trip is in 50 days and I have come to terms with missing out, still bummed.

smartlabelprint and crazymomof4 like this.
  10. Pamela M

Pamela M Mouseketeer

I heard the same rumor. I thought I heard also that an electrical room that controls the entire show getting flooded and causing major damage.

11. SoCalDisneyFan2708

SoCalDisneyFan2708 Earning My Ears

Feel really bad for those of you who are making a “once in a lifetime” trip to the DLR and it is down for this long. My personal opinion was their initial late 2018 reopen date was to not disappoint people if they said it would return in September and then didn’t return until much later which is sounding like what’s going to happen. I shouldn’t have gotten my hopes up. Even though I heard all the rumors I chose to believe that it couldn’t take them basically a year to fix this thing when they are seemingly working on it everyday. I know they needed special parts that take a long time to make but still.

Oh well. It’ll make it that much more sweet for me when it does return. And give you “once in a lifetimes” a reason to come back.

12. katyringo

katyringo DIS Veteran

Gosh I wish they would announce something!!! Anything!!! “Late 2018”
    Is so vague. It could be the last week of the year it could be the last month of the year.....

22Tink and Tink1987 like this.
  13. coolmark18

coolmark18 Earning My Ears

As per another thread on this forum, it looks like nighttime reservations for Lamplight from 5th December aren't available. Rumours, but maybe a little hope of a return before 2019.

14. theluckyrabbit

theluckyrabbit Moderator Moderator

Posted this in another thread:
    Spoke with a server at CCR today about the WOC Dining Packages and not being able to reserve dinner after 12/4. She said that, basically, they've been told pretty much exactly what we've surmised here. WOC is pretty much ready to go, BUT... they truly don't know if it is really ready to bring back without crashing again and disappointing thousands of guests. And they don't want to let people make reservations for the holidays, then have to cancel everything and call everyone back. And they know that as soon as they open the reservations, people will flood the system. And they want to try to come up with the best solution for that. So... everyone is waiting, waiting, waiting. We're waiting, CMs are waiting, etc. She asked that we continue being patient and said that they really do appreciate what we're going through.

Jinka and cruisehopeful like this.
  15. sgerto

sgerto Living in a small world after all

I think they should test run it from Nov. 12-15....

16. sgrap

sgrap DIS Veteran

Me too!!

17. millie0312

millie0312 DIS Veteran

Well the lamplight has dinner reservations open my trip now 12/3-12/12 so not looking good for my trip I guess- I’m still holding out hope though just in case lol