World of Color return date 2018?

lvdis

love disney
Has there been any information on when the World of Color will return? We might be in the area in mid September and I am considering a one day trip to DLR if it works in our schedule. It would most likely be 9/17 or 9/18 if all works out. My husband loves WOC, so if it is back up and running that would help me convince him it's worth going!

At this point, the only word I've seen from Disneyland has been "late 2018" (which is pretty vague). I would keep an eye on the dining package reservations; once those start appearing, it means they think they'll have it ready by then (things can change/there be unexpected delays like last time, but usually they don't release the packages until they're pretty sure it'll open).

Yup..."late 2018" is all that has been released.

Word on the street that that they are working diligently on the unexpected repairs and trying to get it reopened ASAP so there is hope but it will likely be a while before they announce a reopening.

Do we know for sure that they are just fixing the problem, or is it possible that they are taking this opportunity to tweak the show? I'm a DL novice, so I don't know how often they change WoC.

Do we know for sure that they are just fixing the problem, or is it possible that they are taking this opportunity to tweak the show? I'm a DL novice, so I don't know how often they change WoC.
They can tweak and program a new show after hours as they have done in the past with the 60th anniversary and holiday versions. This current extended down time is due to a piece of the platform breaking and a rumored electrical room flood.

They can tweak and program a new show after hours as they have done in the past with the 60th anniversary and holiday versions. This current extended down time is due to a piece of the platform breaking and a rumored electrical room flood.
Ok, that's what I was hoping. My fear is that they decided, "Well, since it's broken anyway, we might as well keep 'er down for a few more months while they work out a new show."

I thought (before they broke it) it was suppose to open with a Pixar inspired show? Did I make that up? Or fall into the "rumor" trap?

I expect it to open much later this year and be the Christmas show. IF it opens before the end of the year.

I thought (before they broke it) it was suppose to open with a Pixar inspired show? Did I make that up? Or fall into the "rumor" trap?

There was rumors of Pixar segments being added to the original show like thay have over time for other movies, but not a whole new show.

My guess, and it’s only my guess, is it will open with the season of light holiday show in November.

I was kind of thinking that they aren't feeling super pressured to get WoC back quickly because they have Paint the Night in DCA right now to absorb some of the nighttime crowds in DCA. Like others, I'm guessing they're hoping for a reopening date sometime between the end of HalloweenTime and the start of the Holiday Season. They could (potentially) present PtN through HalloweenTime, then switch over to WoC with the start of the Festival of Holidays (and not have to deal with food booths and the parade route simultaneously). The repairs to WoC could also be delayed until Pixar Pier is completed (maybe there are issues with work crew(s) scheduling/supplies/equipment/etc.).

We were there last week and it looked like a mess. Looks like it might still be a while. We did see a few workers out there. We heard holidays--- of course Halloween is a holiday, so maybe there is hope it will be up in time for what sounds like a possible Halloween show.

The Parks Blog just posted the start date for the Holiday season and included mention of the major entertainment offerings. WoC: Seasons of Light was not mentioned, so it might be that they're still hedging their bets about whether WoC will be back or not.

We are at Disneyland now and last night we spoke with some people who were at the Sonoma Terrace event for PTN. A cast member told them that the electricians are all busy working on Star Wars Land and are unavailable to work on WOC. Estimated return time - nov or dec.

We are at Disneyland now and last night we spoke with some people who were at the Sonoma Terrace event for PTN. A cast member told them that the electricians are all busy working on Star Wars Land and are unavailable to work on WOC. Estimated return time - nov or dec.
Good work! Thank you.

Are these the only electricians that know how to fix things?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter