World of Color - FastPass Question

chris1212

Mouseketeer
We have park hoppers, but our plan at the moment is to spend our first day in DL. WOC is on earlier that evening so we were hoping to come back to catch that. I understand it's best to have a FP to get into the viewing area.

If I leave my husband and kids to go on a ride at DL, how long approximately would it take me to park hop over to DCA, get the FP for WOC and hop back to DL?

It doesn't take that long - as long as you do not try to go over the DCA at park opening when the lines are still fairly long - once the initial line up is finished then you can pop over, go grab your fass pass and be back in DL within 15 minutes. I have done this many times grabbing RSR fast passes when we are in DL during the morning and it does not take long. One person can move fast through even large crowds I have found.

It doesn't take that long - as long as you do not try to go over the DCA at park opening when the lines are still fairly long - once the initial line up is finished then you can pop over, go grab your fass pass and be back in DL within 15 minutes. I have done this many times grabbing RSR fast passes when we are in DL during the morning and it does not take long. One person can move fast through even large crowds I have found.

That's great, thanks! So hopefully we can rider swap a longer ride, I can put baby in carrier and zip over and back before they are done!

We have park hoppers, but our plan at the moment is to spend our first day in DL. WOC is on earlier that evening so we were hoping to come back to catch that. I understand it's best to have a FP to get into the viewing area.

If I leave my husband and kids to go on a ride at DL, how long approximately would it take me to park hop over to DCA, get the FP for WOC and hop back to DL?
Depends how fast of a walker you are. If you leave from the hub and there are no lines to get into DCA or back into DL, then probably at least 20 minutes to get back to the hub. I would plan for about 30 minutes from the hub and back.

:wizard:

Do all members of the party need to have entered DCA in order for a runner to get FPs for WOC?

... I understand it's best to have a FP to get into the viewing area...

You won't be allowed into the WOC viewing area without a WOC FP. They are required for entrance into the viewing area. You can view the show without a FP from outside the viewing area, but the view won't be very good.

Do all members of the party need to have entered DCA in order for a runner to get FPs for WOC?

I believe that you only have to have entered one park in order to get WOC FPs, so if everyone in your group has gone through the turnstiles at either DL or DCA, you should be able to get WOC FPs for them all.

Approximately what time of day does WOC fastpass run out?
Hard to say but usually sometime between 1PM and 3PM. For me, I would not wait until 1PM unless I juts did not care that much. I would get there by 1100-11:30AM.

Hard to say but usually sometime between 1PM and 3PM. For me, I would not wait until 1PM unless I juts did not care that much. I would get there by 1100-11:30AM.

Thanks. We won’t be getting in until 1 and have to pick up our tickets at the hotel (I guess they don’t mail them anymore). Just trying to decide if it’s worth running over to the park to try for FP before resting a bit in the room.

Thanks. We won’t be getting in until 1 and have to pick up our tickets at the hotel (I guess they don’t mail them anymore). Just trying to decide if it’s worth running over to the park to try for FP before resting a bit in the room.
Then probably not worth it.

Yesterday I g

Yeaterday, I still got WOC FPs after 1 for the first show. They still had FPs for the second show at 8:30 pm. Probably worth it to check unless it’s a really busy day.

Yeaterday, I still got WOC FPs after 1 for the first show. They still had FPs for the second show at 8:30 pm. Probably worth it to check unless it’s a really busy day.
I agree. Last time we were there it was a busy Saturday, and they were still distributing for the first show when we went for FP in the afternoon. We wanted second show, but the CM said they expected it to be a couple hours before second show FP would start distributing. Based on that I would expect FP to basically last all day if there are two shows scheduled and you don't care which one you get.

Agree that it is always worth asking, even if you think you might be too late. FPs have been lasting longer lately. Sometimes CMs at the machines still have a few left in their hands when the machines have run out. We've gotten FPs that way when we were just walking by, not specifically even looking for FPs. The CMs had some left after the machines had run out and were giving them away to anyone who wanted them. Each time we've gotten yellow section, second show.

Maybe I missed it but I thought we were talking about a night with one show. If there are two shows then the PPs are right that tickets will be available quite a but later. I understand that second show FPs are not all distributed in some cases. So availability is into the evening.

I was wondering about nights with one show too. Do they go quicker since there is only one show?

If you really want to see WOC your first night and there is only one show scheduled, can you make a reservation for a WOC dining package? That way you will be guaranteed FPs for the show and you'll get a meal in the bargain. You can look at menus and prices on allears.net.

If you really want to see WOC your first night and there is only one show scheduled, can you make a reservation for a WOC dining package? That way you will be guaranteed FPs for the show and you'll get a meal in the bargain. You can look at menus and prices on allears.net.
This is a great option but I thought it might be risky to make a dining reservation. We have had a long delay almost every flight out of OHare recently.

Maybe I missed it but I thought we were talking about a night with one show. If there are two shows then the PPs are right that tickets will be available quite a but later. I understand that second show FPs are not all distributed in some cases. So availability is into the evening.
If there's only one show then I wouldn't expect FP to last all day, but I still think it would be worth trying to get them after 1pm. I don't remember what time we went for FP, but it was the afternoon and it was late enough that I assumed they would be distributing second show, but the CM said it would be a couple more hours. So FP for the first/only show do have the potential to last into mid-afternoon at least.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!