Workout routines in prep

goofeygirl

DIS Veteran
I need to do more...well right now I have been experiencing the flu so nothing has been done...but this is what I have been doing...

1/2 hour on either treadmil (6% incline)/ or eliptical in the am and again at night.

I need to add a couple of days of something else...nothing boring though and feeling in a rut of what to do.

I guess my question is what is your ultimate goal? If your goal is a 5k maybe look into either the galloway 5k or the couch to 5k program. If a marathon, galloway or higdon (sp?) are 2 good ones.

But if you are wanting to run, there gets to a point where the best training is, well running :). Getting into general shape (where I am now) pretty much anything is good for you.

And I personally feel that eventually when the feet meet the ground, it will get mind numbingly boring. Once we can get outdoors that will help, but unless you are a lucky one, there will be times that you will probably be bored almost to tears :)

Do you mean cross train? You sound self motivated as am I. I like to do DVD a couple of days a weeks. I have a continuos move yoga and a pilates and stretch and core and a bunch more. I like the Denise Austin DVD's...either you will like OR you won't.

I am trying to find something that will stregthen my legs...overall...in addition to the treadmill and eliptical.
I can go outside and quad skate and cycle but because of the short days...by the time I get home its dark.

So I am trying to find something that isn't just hohum. However what is wonderful to one person maybe dull to another.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter