Working as a Character Dsiney Tokyo

BadDad

Mouseketeer
My S is planning to audition for a character look alike for Disney Tokyo?

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Although I am still in the beginning stages of the process I hope I can help. Probably just as your son has, I auditioned for TDL 2014-2015 season as a Face Character.

Before auditions, I found it very difficult to get information regarding what was to be expected. The best way to prepair is to study the mannerisms of the character he wishes to act, and also have a back up character to act as. (I was put on the spot when asked to perform more than one character)

The auditions for TDL are fast and straight forward. The first round is a basic parade routine. In groups of 50-60, the routine is taught and then performed in smaller groups of 4. After each large group of 50, the cut is made right after.

Once you make it through the first cut, they call back all remaining and do another dance cut from the same routine.

Then, the audition turns into personal interviews. The Casting director asks basic questions to get a sense of your personality and connectivity to guests.
after the interview, by this point there were twenty five of us left, they did another cut.

Finally everyone is given a card and asked to act out specific characters that the directors see you as. Called in one at a time, you act as your character with two of the directors as if they are kids in the parks.

Due to being the final cut, the selection is made quickly and quietly (some of the finalists didn't even realize there was a cut until it was announced).

After being a finalist they hand out basic information of the contract and take measurements. Now as a finalist, the wait should last anywhere between 2-3 months depending on audition location.

Despite being a finalist, it is not 100% guaranteed that you have made the cut. From all the finalists the Directors will select the face actors.

Basic Overview-

From the information I've received, which is basic, TDL takes care of their employs by providing housing, transportation, and per-diem. According to a couple girls I auditioned with, they were face characters in 2012, The experience was wonderful. It was easy for them to get along in a foreign country and they all had the time of their lives. Thus, they re-applied for this next upcoming season.

Realizing how old your post is I may be repeating things your family has already learned. :) I hope I have helped in some way and if you need more specific answers feel free to write.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter