Workin' on the RailRoad ! ! ! & SNOW

john59

<font color=navy>GOD BLESS <font color=red>AMERI
:confused3

I had a 14 year stint working for the RR, Conrail. Basically we handled the NE corridor.
Formerly a Philly guy, now S Central PA, 6 inches of snow was a blizzard in Philadelphia.
The peeeples I worked with told me "ya wanna see snow, go to the Buffalo terminal"-----I went, I saw snow, more snow, tons of snow.
Well the earth musta tilted---Buffalo is now in S Central PA---Snowing today on top on snow a few days ago---Up to my belt. Approx 39/40 inches and still snowin'.
What is your status ? ?
john

Well, I'm just down the road from you, John and it's still snowing here in Allentown. I'm just watching it pile up on top of my new Outback praying the folks at Keystone built that roof strong enough to handle the weight. I have been out twice today with the snow blower. The first time was 0800 and we had 6 inches. I just got back in at 1400 and I was moving 12 inches or more. Hoping it stops soon. By the way, I grew up south of Buffalo and there's a reason why I don't live there anymore.

:idea:

Jim--I spent many, many hours fishing the one mile stretch of the Lil Lehigh, catch and release barbless flys, on Hatchery Road in Allentown. Some darn good trout in there.
You bring up a good point. Our 5r is a mile away. On our insurance policy we have comprehensive on the 5r----Would that cover snow damage, roof etc.
As you can see, I really pay attention to details.
john

I grew up NW of Buffalo & SE of Niagara Falls. I moved to Florida from that area back in 1973. I don't deal with snow (or state taxes) anymore!!:lmao::rotfl2::lmao:

:idea:

Jim--I spent many, many hours fishing the one mile stretch of the Lil Lehigh, catch and release barbless flys, on Hatchery Road in Allentown. Some darn good trout in there.
You bring up a good point. Our 5r is a mile away. On our insurance policy we have comprehensive on the 5r----Would that cover snow damage, roof etc.
As you can see, I really pay attention to details.
john

Funny you should mention that as I was just checking my insurance online. I think the comprehensive will cover snow damage. It looks like it covers everything else - hail, rain, fire, etc. Mine's right out in the driveway, so if my roof caves in I let you know.

I grew up NW of Buffalo & SE of Niagara Falls. I moved to Florida from that area back in 1973. I don't deal with snow (or state taxes) anymore!!:lmao::rotfl2::lmao:

Didn't you guys have snow a couple weeks ago?

Stayed home from work today to avoid the evening snow commute which would normally take a few hours in a storm like they were calling for.

Got a whopping 1-inch, maybe 2 out there right now!. No need to clear that, I'm gonna let Mother Nature clear the driveway from this one.

Normally, we get a good dose of snow, must be that whole Global Warming thing pushing the snow closer to the equator.

We have about 4' of snow on the ground here. 2' from the weekend that i missed cause i was looping at the fort. and anothor 2' from this storm and it's still snowing. I WISH I WAS STILL AT THE FORT----I hate snow.

3 questions :confused3
1, Who would want to be Mayor of only one person ?
2. Who is Wanda ?
3. And where is she gonna go ?

Didn't you guys have snow a couple weeks ago?

Yeah - but it melted as soon as it hit the ground. We have freeze warnings again this morning. The strawberry growers sucked so much water out of the ground to protect their crops a few weeks ago, that it caused major sink-holes in 2 counties. Here we go again. The growers are sucking water again cause of the freeze warnings - and I'm sure there will be more sink-holes.

I-4 westbound (near Lazy Days) was closed for 5 days last month due to a major sink-hole. The next day the alternate route for I-4 was closed due to a sink-hole, and 3 major highways in my county were closed due to sink-holes. Most of the strawberries in the area have been ruined, as well as other winter crops. Citrus growers suffered an estimated 38% loss of crops. It's considered a loss when the fruit freezes to the point that it cannot even be used for juicing. 38% is BAD! Between the freezes here in Fla, and all the snow in the northeast, our food and fuel prices are sure to go through the roof in the months ahead.

I'm getting less tolerant of winter as time goes on.

I say the same thing every winter.

We've been living in this house for 20 years..and for some odd reason the driveway seems to get longer, and longer each winter. :headache:

I hate Snow
IMG_2967.jpg

IMG_2965.jpg

IMG_2966.jpg

Did I tell ya I hate SNOW

We had 2---- 24" snow storms in 5 days.

Aww, c'mon Jeff. That snow looks absolutely beautiful.....

......in YOUR yard! :rotfl2:

I hate Snow
IMG_2967.jpg

IMG_2965.jpg

IMG_2966.jpg

Did I tell ya I hate SNOW

We had 2---- 24" snow storms in 5 days.

:rolleyes1
Jeff---If their was a head sticking out of that drift, I woulda thunk it was me.
We still have bluebirds hanging around our house. I have 2 dish feeders that I put freeze dried mealworms in---The bluebirds love them---Going out to the feeders I took a header and disappeared in the snow. My wife could not see me and thought I had the big one, somewhere out in the yard.
When I got my composure together and got back in the house, I said to Shirley, "why didn't you give me a hand"---She said "I went to check out your life insurance policy"
Ya just can't win ! ! !-------john

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter