Woo Hoo under the 30 day mark... just a bit of a pretrippie/ update 4/11

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
3/31 update
4/3 update
4/11 update

We are under our 30...now 25... moving under the 15 day mark... doing that happy dance....:dance3:
Flights - Done
Hotel in Paris - Done
DLP package and Dinning reservation -Done
Transportation - to Paris Hotel, To DLP, and back to CDG - Done (we went with Ezyshuttle.. super easy and they responded right away to my questions, and booked Magical shuttle back to CDG
Ordered Euros yesterday from the bank... we decided to go ahead and get them out of the way.. - Went to pick up Euros, and they were in the wrong denominations then what I had ordered, so they had to send them back and get the right break down, picked up the correct order. I'm glad I ordered early, just for instance like this. - Done
Chip and Pin cards - Done
International calling plan - Done

I think we are going to purchase the museum pass, and the hop on hop off bus pass... but not sure which company for the bus pass, we are using the Rick Steve's walking tours as a template for what we want to accomplish... we had thought about the transportation pass...but DH is not a fan of this option

We have gotten it down to several things that we want to accomplish, see and experience while we are there...No particular order as of right now.. I know that we can't do it all... considering the list we started with...the list is getting there....

* Dinner at the Eiffel tower
* Evening dinner cruise - With the Seine still at flood levels we are going to wait and see once we are there.
* Day trip to Versailles - still deciding on how to handle this... on our own... or a combine trip to Givenchy and Versailles...small group private tour... We have narrowed down to 2 tours and are pulling the trigger tonight...
* Possible small group private tour, wine tasting and castle (3) tours
* As many museum and site as possible without going commando...
* Stopping and enjoying just being in Paris...
* now we are looking a small group trip to Normandy....
*I have a food allergy and have asked if on the trips that provide lunch can this be accommodated. I still have had no response about food allergies... so we have marked off any tour that includes lunch just to be safe.

At DLP -
Just gonna soak up as much Disney magic as we can...
We might even splurge and get a couples massage... made an inquiry into booking a couples massage and I am waiting on a response...So got a brief response, a thank you for your interest, and a web site for the company that leases the spa space.. so I will be checking that out more today...

I got quite a few things for the odd's and end's bag... a converter ( need at least one more or a multi plug one), found our ear buds, neck pillows, gum, candy, extra phone cords, toothbrush covers, some 3oz containers, travel size toiletries... Pickuped more stuff, luggage locks, and money belt for DH.. so odd's and ends... still trying to find a multi plug converter .... still got a way to go

Ordered my Asthma med's, picking up in a little while...all Med's picked up and ready to go.

Starting to make a new travel sheets for us... the blankets on the plane make me itchy...bought fabric for mine, could not find anything that DH would go for, so going back today.

I ordered, and received our new travel day bags. From Travelon, For DH - light weight backpack, smaller than the one he normally carries, which is heavy duty and huge it's more for all his electronics, and since we are not taking all that we won't need to bring the heavy duty one... it's big enough to hold a couple of rain jackets, umbrella, snacks, a small towel, bottle of water. For me a Cross-body bag a bit bigger that my normal cross-body that I use daily. Both have locking zippers, slash proof, and RFID.. While I did spend a bit more than I would have liked, I look at it as a investment. ( Crazy as this trip hasn't even happened and now we are looking at where we want to go next)

The problems now is looking like packing.. and what to bring... the weather is what's giving me a issue... when we first started planning...

It was looking like high's in the 60's to low 70's during the day and low's in the low 60's to mid 50's in the evening...

Now its looking like we are like high mid 50's to low 60's during the day ... and lows from the low 50's into the 40's in the evening... as well as some rain...

I have been watching the weather, and right now who knows...

Any suggestions on the weather at the end of April and early May...

Or any other suggestions as always are much appreciated...

Last edited:
the trick for European weather is layers. For example, I live in jeans all year round. I then have multiple long sleeve and short sleeve tshirts, and then sweaters and hoodies.

For high mid 50's to low 60's during the day ... and lows from the low 50's into the 40's in the evening I would wear

jeans
long sleeve tshirt, short sleeve tshirt and then a hoodie. I always have an umbrella in my handbag. You might want a lightweight rain jacket if you are not used to using an umbrella.

I would wear waterproof shoes / boots

the trick for European weather is layers. For example, I live in jeans all year round. I then have multiple long sleeve and short sleeve tshirts, and then sweaters and hoodies.

For high mid 50's to low 60's during the day ... and lows from the low 50's into the 40's in the evening I would wear

jeans
long sleeve tshirt, short sleeve tshirt and then a hoodie. I always have an umbrella in my handbag. You might want a lightweight rain jacket if you are not used to using an umbrella.

I would wear waterproof shoes / boots

Its crazy for me to have to think about jeans and/or pants for our whole trip... I am sitting here in shorts and t-shirt right now... It hit 82 yesterday, I think I am going to have to rethink what to wear for dinner's out... I was thinking about a dresses... but now I really think... I might need to go with some dress pants and a blouse... DH and I have rain jackets Columbia and are very lightweight and easily stow-able in a day bag...plus we are bringing jackets/coat...

I am hoping that it will warm up to the originally temp for that time of year... we still have a few weeks to go... I need pixie dust for the weather....

I was in DLP for the last week for Feb and first couple of days of March; we had highs of 2 degrees C and it got as cold as -3 in the parks during the day. It was colder than our usual DLP stomping time, which is the last week of November!! The following week it was practically summer, with 12 degrees C!! I would suggest, given what the weather is doing at the moment, heeding all advice regarding working with layering. You really can't be certain what the weather is going to do so jeans, tanks, tshirts, hoodies, and a good rain poncho for April showers coupled with sturdy and comfortable walking boots should see you through the changeable climate.

I would 100% recomend getting those gel hand warmers with the little discs you snap to activate if you are planning on waiting for a long time in the evening for the parades or fireworks. I had eight of these on my person when I was there, and I ended up handing them out to the frozen children around me because people underestimated just how much the temperature drops when the sun does down in DLP.

How long are you actually going to be in DLP? What is your main aims for the trip? I.e. meeting characters, thrill rides, things unique to DLP?

I was in DLP for the last week for Feb and first couple of days of March; we had highs of 2 degrees C and it got as cold as -3 in the parks during the day. It was colder than our usual DLP stomping time, which is the last week of November!! The following week it was practically summer, with 12 degrees C!! I would suggest, given what the weather is doing at the moment, heeding all advice regarding working with layering. You really can't be certain what the weather is going to do so jeans, tanks, tshirts, hoodies, and a good rain poncho for April showers coupled with sturdy and comfortable walking boots should see you through the changeable climate.

I would 100% recomend getting those gel hand warmers with the little discs you snap to activate if you are planning on waiting for a long time in the evening for the parades or fireworks. I had eight of these on my person when I was there, and I ended up handing them out to the frozen children around me because people underestimated just how much the temperature drops when the sun does down in DLP.

How long are you actually going to be in DLP? What is your main aims for the trip? I.e. meeting characters, thrill rides, things unique to DLP?

We are staying at Newport Bay, for 3 nights at the end of our trip, no real main agenda just taking in everything that we can, and knowing that if we miss something it gives us a reason to come back...

Good news! The weather has changed! Today was the hottest April 8th in history (in the Netherlands). Last Friday we still had ice on out car in the morning, but this weekend it totally turned around. Can still change back at any minute though

I have been looking at it daily... so keeping my fingers crossed for nicer weather while we are there...

We are going May 27-Jun 8 & I booked a gluten free walking tour in Paris...not sure what your food allergies are but if it's gluten, I found several options.

I am very interested in your itinerary - the tours look like what I want you to do too

We are going May 27-Jun 8 & I booked a gluten free walking tour in Paris...not sure what your food allergies are but if it's gluten, I found several options.

I am very interested in your itinerary - the tours look like what I want you to do too

Check out Viator, and Hidden Gems... for tours, but really read what's included, as well as the time you are on the tour, and where pick-up is and drop off some are not the same spot. There are private tours that will pick you up at the hotel and return you there, and it will only be your family.

As far as food allergies, I'm allergic to coconut anything and everything, most melons( except watermelon)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!