• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Woo hoo...Had a code attached to my name!

BABYJOSIE98

DIS Veteran
:cool1: :cool1: Mom and I decided to do a quick last minute trip with DD and go to Sea World. (Free Tickets) Anyway I thought we might as well stay at a cool resort even if we don't go to the parks. So I called and told the CM I had a post card and never used it and wondered if a code was attached to my name and it was!!

She offered me the rate of $124 per night for AKL!!!! :rotfl: :goodvibes

I almost wrecked my car!! I took it! We are staying 3 nights May 24 through May 27.

SeaWorld one day,but the rest we are going to enjoy the resort. I did make a PS at Ohana and Boma for breakfast. :banana:

I even was able to grab the $59 one way airfare from STL to MCO for the 3 of us. It is like we are meant to go!! :sunny:

Ok I was excited and had to share my news... :rotfl:

That happened to us last October....There was a great airfire (lived in Denver then) . Booked it and called to make a ressie and there was a code next to my name that they had sent to an old e mail address.

Also on that trip further luck...I actually got in the Hot Seat at Millionaire--and won!

So go play the Millionaire game while you there...you're on the same track I was!

That is so great for You!

The same thing that happened to hightown happened to us this year. When I called in January to book our May trip (which is exactly three weeks today btw!! :Pinkbounc ) I asked if there were any special offers or rates using a code I had seen posted that I was aware was a PIN code. The CM was wonderful (thanks Allison Elaine! :)) and said, oh yes! there is one right here. It was under my best friends name and had been sent to my old email address. Back in August 2003 my best friend took a trip with us to WDW and we were asked to be in a video for the launch of the new disney website. It was here that we filled out our info and she put down our address to make things easy. I got a postcard in early January addressed to her but with our address on it. But it was just a postcard to say we would be eligable to recieve special offers in the future. Well lo and behold, we had a PIN attached to our file :) The CM glady applied it to our ressie and changed the email to my new address. So we got WL courtyard view for $181/night (its actually $156/night but we had to have $25/night added because we are three adults on one room, myself (20) and my parents (50 and 50))

So yay!! for you and yay!! for us :P

hightown said:
That happened to us last October....There was a great airfire (lived in Denver then) . Booked it and called to make a ressie and there was a code next to my name that they had sent to an old e mail address.

Also on that trip further luck...I actually got in the Hot Seat at Millionaire--and won!

So go play the Millionaire game while you there...you're on the same track I was!

I have a question about "post cards"? How do you become eligible for a code to be next to your name? I want to give myself every opportunity for discounts.

I would guess you would get postcards if you:

1. Stay at Disney resorts for more than the lowest possible rate (I have stayed at lowest rate, annual pass, special promotions, etc. on several occasions and don't recall getting postcards for future stays),

2. Look at spam email from Disney.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

We have done a Disney Package before and then I stayed at S/D and a room only stay at ASM??? Then last Summer I got a post card??? Never used it and so when I called I told the CM that and asked if it was still attached to my name and it was???? :rotfl: It was a long shot???

I do sign up on all the Disney sites for promotional e-mails and have the Disney Visa?????

I still hope General codes come out for our Fall stay......I am not counting on another PIN for awhile. :goodvibes

I tried this the other day to see if a pin was attached to my name - and there wasn't. I don't know how people get post cards either. I have a Disney Visa, read any email by Disney and have stayed at Disney Resorts.

I, too, wondered about the imfamous PIN attaching itself to random names. My family visits WDW about 4 times a year and I have been hundreds of times since I was a kid. I just don't get it, do I go to much, how can I get a PIN to like me? We have stayed at the dxls, mods, and values, we are florida residents, AP holders, my kitchen is done in Disney, we have cruised DCL 6 times, gone to DLP, and DL. Have I now proven myself to be PIN worthy?
My mom actually got a postcard once but the rate was the same as the AP rate we were already getting so it didn't get used. Heck, my 80 year old aunt got a card and she only went once. She loved it but just can't take the heat of Florida! Someone enlighten this weary traveler!!!!

Julie - everyone knows you're going anyway whether you get a good rate or not!!! You are like me, a true Disney Nut. I mean that in the best possible way. They only reward bad behavior like skipping a year, and I know you can't do that! LOL

We are flying out of St. Louis also, where did you get your airfare so cheap?
We are flying on 06/24 and 7/01.

Thanks.

Jodi

seashoreCM said:
I would guess you would get postcards if you:

1. Stay at Disney resorts for more than the lowest possible rate (I have stayed at lowest rate, annual pass, special promotions, etc. on several occasions and don't recall getting postcards for future stays),

We only stay at the cheapest rates..AP or code for values or once a year for POR. I pay between $49-$59 for values, and $79-84 for POR. I get no junk mail from Disney other than AP stuff and the monthly newletter..and the newletter I've only been getting for a few months. I visit 4-5 times a year. I have gotten a postcard at least once a year. My son in law also gets them. No idea why we do.

rabx5, We're flying out of STL too. Southwest offered a $59 each way fare. Course there are the taxes and other fees. Came out to be about 135 or so round trip. Couldn't resist those fares and have a 6/9 trip to hit Star War Weekends.

There may still be some available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter