Wonderful trip to Disneyland

pjredhead

Earning My Ears
Went to Disneyland for March spring beak and stayed at Disneyland Hotel. We had connecting King rooms on the second floor at the end. Looked out into the garden to palm trees and folk walking by. Great view.
Rooms are nice. Yes you can tell the hotel is older but they have updated them nicely. Can't complain.
It is a short walk thru Downtown Disney to entrance or you can take monorail.
I guess my only complaint was you can only book one fast pass after you complete a ride. Never got to ride Cars. Next time we will plan better. We had photo pass but only saw one person taking pictures
Works different than Disney World.
Our kids did Walk in Wal'ts Steps tour and said it was worth every penny. Loved it
All and all our trip was one of the best family vacations we have taken.
Disneyland is great.

So glad you hear you had a great trip and enjoyed Disneyland :) We were there in March for spring break too, but stayed offsite. What did you do to get connecting rooms? I had looked at doing something like that, but always get scared off by the wording that you have to wait until you arrive to make room requests.

I'm glad you had a great time!

... I guess my only complaint was you can only book one fast pass after you complete a ride. Never got to ride Cars. Next time we will plan better. We had photo pass but only saw one person taking pictures
Works different than Disney World...
Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip!
For your next trip (because there will be a next one, right?!):
Maxpass/Fastpass: an overview and some strategy -- this thread will give you the MP/FP skills you need to really get going in the parks. You can book a new FP before you complete a ride: book when your window opens to book a new FP (your reminder slip or the app will tell you this -- many guests set a reminder on their phone so they don't forget) or right after you scan your ticket in the FP return line (this way you'll have a new FP ready to go while you're in line for your current ride). Study this superthread and you'll be a MP/FP pro by your next visit. :)
PhotoPass at DLR is definitely different -- PP CMs aren't allowed to approach guests to ask about taking photos. Guests are supposed to ask the photographers to take their picture. I don't know wny this rule was put in place, but it's been this way for a little while now. If you see a PP CM hanging around (and they do sort of blend in to their surroundings because they're not supposed to stand out too much), just ask them to take your photo. Otherwise, we've learned to always have our phones charged and ready to go.

Went to Disneyland for March spring beak and stayed at Disneyland Hotel. We had connecting King rooms on the second floor at the end. Looked out into the garden to palm trees and folk walking by. Great view.
Rooms are nice. Yes you can tell the hotel is older but they have updated them nicely. Can't complain.
It is a short walk thru Downtown Disney to entrance or you can take monorail.
I guess my only complaint was you can only book one fast pass after you complete a ride. Never got to ride Cars. Next time we will plan better. We had photo pass but only saw one person taking pictures
Works different than Disney World.
Our kids did Walk in Wal'ts Steps tour and said it was worth every penny. Loved it
All and all our trip was one of the best family vacations we have taken.
Disneyland is great.
So glad you hear you had a great trip and enjoyed Disneyland :) We were there in March for spring break too, but stayed offsite. What did you do to get connecting rooms? I had looked at doing something like that, but always get scared off by the wording that you have to wait until you arrive to make room requests.
When I made the room request I ask for king beds and connecting rooms . We had no idea we would both get kings and connecting. It worked out great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!