Wonder Woman Needs Help

Susan in Maine

Earning My Ears
Actually, I'm finding out how NOT Wonder Woman I am. We're heading to Florida Friday for our Jan 12 cruise! Yippee!

Unfortunately, I've had a family emergency this week that's involved multiple five hour round trips to the hospital. Soooo, the time I was going to spend researching all those last minute details has been spent driving in the wee hours of the morning.

Luckily it is still all going to come together for us (keep your fingers crossed!)

I know all this stuff has been on the board a bazillion times before, but I just don't have time to research it. So here are my questions:

What is the BEST time for us to arrive at the pier? We'll be staying with my DMIL about 5 minutes from Port Canaveral. There are six in our group, including my blind father and my toddler, so we can go anytime.

What time and place are ressies for Palo on the Wonder? I know to get there early, but it would really help if I knew where to go!

How much is internet access? Also, does Disney have a provision to have email sent via the ship? On our Princess cruise last spring, family could just email the ship, and the message would arrive printed out at your cabin.

Thanks for everyone's patience with these repeat questions. My 18YO DS fell 20 feet at work and broke his back. He's going to be OK, and his father and step-mother will watch over him while we're gone, but it's been a pretty tough week.

Susan in Maine

Sorry to hear about your son:( . I know it will be hard for you to leave but you sound like you need a break.

The port opens at 10:30. The line for boarding starts getting fairly long between 11 and 11:30. Boarding starts between noon and 12:30. I would try to get to the port by 11:00. After you check in one person can get in line to board while the others explore the port.

I don't know about the e-mail but I don't think you can get e-mail messages in the ship unless you go to the internet cafe and are able to access you e-mail from there. Someone else may know more.

So does everyone in your party have to check in together or can one person do it for all. I'm assuming that it's like checking in at the airport where all have to be present...

Sorry to hear about your son, but very glad he will be okay.

You can purchase unlimited internet access in the internet cafe for $39.99 on the Wonder. If you want to pay as you go, it is $.75 per minute and keep in mind that it is a satellite connection, so download time can be slow. I know that if you don't have an email account, you can set one up with your room address and the ship (that cost is extra), but I don't know if they print out any emails you receive and bring them to you. The group at the cafe are very nice and helpful. You can also send a video email (for extra $$ of course), as all the computers are set up with a web cam.

Have a great vacation!!

Everyone has to be present to check-in so ID's can be verified.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter