Wonder to the Land of the Midnight Sun~~~August 20th 2012~~~

This was also my first time doing FE gifts. My wife yelled at me for being so lame. Her comment was along the lines of "why didn't you tell me? I would have come up with something a lot more creative than your stuff"...

Oh well...my son did love all of your stuff though.

So sad that it's over. We did book another cruise on the ship though. This was our 3rd time on the Wonder so we're really going to try for a Fantasy cruise next time.

My son spent hours playing Mario Kart at the Oceaneer Lab so if you saw a small kid there beating everyone, that was him. Winner keeps playing and he said that on some days he never actually lost so he just got bored and left (to go play Mario Party in the next room).

This was also my first time doing FE gifts. My wife yelled at me for being so lame. Her comment was along the lines of "why didn't you tell me? I would have come up with something a lot more creative than your stuff"...

So sad that it's over. We did book another cruise on the ship though. This was our 3rd time on the Wonder so we're really going to try for a Fantasy cruise next time.

My son spent hours playing Mario Kart at the Oceaneer Lab so if you saw a small kid there beating everyone, that was him. Winner keeps playing and he said that on some days he never actually lost so he just got bored and left (to go play Mario Party in the next room).

My son was also playing mario Kart a ton in the lab. Not like we dont have a wii at home.

I thought everything given was a ton cooler that what I gave. Next time I will do better. I am starting a pirate box for all the cool pirate stuff given so we are better prepared for the next time.

Thanks again.

My son spent hours playing Mario Kart at the Oceaneer Lab so if you saw a small kid there beating everyone, that was him. Winner keeps playing and he said that on some days he never actually lost so he just got bored and left (to go play Mario Party in the next room).[/QUOTE

This was my first time with the FE gifts too. I wish I had enough time to have made the knitted Mickeys for everyone, not just the kids. I did end up with a couple extra so we must have missed a cabin or two when everyone moved. I marked my list, but still had extra. I'm sorry if we missed your child.

We had so much fun. Great trip. My daughter had a modeling job yesterday so I'm finishing laundry and souvenirs today. Then we'll start our Memory book (scrapbook). Thanks to everyone. The FE gifts made returning to our room such an adventure. I didn't think any of them were lame.

The Power Family

I think t was the first time doing FE (or cruising!) for a lot f us, myself included. I didn't think to lable our gifts, but we gave the mix of Victoria/Canada stuff the night before arriving in Victoria--our hometown!

It was a great time all around. My older daughter spent a great deal of time in the Vibe and was often up until 1 - 3 am hanging out with people there. My younger daughter loved the time she spent in the Edge, but it's harder to get her to just go join in with things, so most days she was hanging out with me.

Every port was wonderful in its own way. I would have liked more time to explore Juneau but that's really such a minor complain I hardly feel it's worth mentioning.

I think J.D. and Sophie were favourites of our family. At least one of them seemed to be at every event we went to. We had a great conversation with Sophie about accents! She confirmed my suspicion that her accent was a generic british accent and not her true Liverpool one! J.D. seemed to have a never ending amount of energy. He must be exhausted by the end of the day.

Our servers were Joel and Netasha and they were wonderful. We took the suggestion of a phone card and stuck one in Joel's tip envelope (along with the basic tip and some extra).

My younger daughter somehow lost her teddy bear and that's really the only downside. I think the crew scoured the ship for it but it didn't turn up. Unfortunately this was on the last night. We haven't fully unpacked so I'm hoping it'll magically appear in one of the bags that had already been checked.

I did pre-book another cruise for next December in the Bahamas. Maybe we'll see some of you there!

Ha! I finally banned my son from playing Wii and computer games. After I did that, he was amazed to discover all the other stuff there was to do. Both my kids loved the Club and the Lab. I love that there was a Ranger there for them--both of mine did a lot of the ranger programs.

So sorry about the teddy bear. :(

I just booked a phantom cruise for 11/2013 out of Port Canaveral for 3 nights. My deposit for 2 rooms was only around $90/room. We do plan to change it to a 7 night though which should be fun. I love Castaway Cay.

It was a wonderful first time cruise experience for us! So many wonderful memories!!! It has taken us 2 days to get back on schedule. I was bit sad that i had to return to work yesterday.

It was great to bumped into a few of the families on the FE exchange. Sarah and Amy thanks for organizing the FE extender!!

I knew Quinn was going to be a sad on Monday, when he fell asleep on Sunday I ordered a Mickey Mouse Rice Crispy Treat and packed it in our suitcase (they are individually wrapped) and gave it to him Monday night when he was missing Mickey!

Thanks everyone for the FE gifts!

We made it home yesterday afternoon after having a great last day in Seattle on Monday. Could not believe the beautiful day that we had.
Flew home and had to sit around on the tarmac in SFO for an hour, but we were home which was nice. Had to go to the school ice cream social and find out the teachers for today, school started today for us. Tried to get the girls back on the school schedule last night HAHAHAHA.
Unpacking today and cleaning up before I head back to work tomorrow.

I wanted to thank everyone on behalf of our family for the great FE gifts. The girls loved all of them!! It did not matter what they were they just loved looking and getting new things all week. Thanks so much for all the work put into making them.

I was sorry not to meet more of you on the trip. Next time I will be better about looking for everyone.

Until we meet again
Steve, Liz, Lorelei and Emilia Schalch

What a great cruise! We had so much fun and were spoiled by our large room and the concierge service. Thanks to everyone for the FE gifts. Now it's back to laundry, dishes, cooking, and work! We are sailing on the Fantasy in March 2013 with my parents and brothers so I have something to start planning. We did the Thanksgiving cruise last year and it was incredible! The ship was already decorated for Christmas and it was so nice not to cook or clean on the holiday!! Thanks again - sounds like everyone had a wonderful time too!
Jennifer Boyle

I posted these in a trip report but thought it might be interesting here since I took them on our cruise. It was tough getting good pictures because the sky was cloudy most of the time. The best weather was actually in the Yukon on our Skagway port.

Summary picture set is here: http://www.danpaik.com/Travel/USA/Alaska-2012-Summary

Full picture set is here: http://www.danpaik.com/Travel/USA/Alaska-2012

A few pictures from the set.

XM3N4470-L.jpg

Seattle

XM3N4627-L.jpg

On the way to Tracy Arm

XM3N4750-L.jpg

Tracy Arm

XM3N4706-L.jpg

Waterfall near Tracy Arm

XM3N4763-L.jpg

Glacier Blue

XM3N4949-L.jpg

Suspension Bridge in British Columbia

XM3N4988-L.jpg

Rapids

XM3N5055-L.jpg

Yukon - Carcross

XM3N5074-L.jpg

Yukon - Emerald Lake

XM3N5327-L.jpg

Juneau - Nugget Falls

XM3N5396-L.jpg

The Disney Wonder

XM3N5463-L.jpg

Ketchikan - Creek St.

XM3N5476-L.jpg

Ketchikan

XM3N5650-L.jpg

Victoria

Finally recovering from the trip! We arrived home at Dallas at 9:30 Monday night and i had to wake up at 5am Tuesday to get straight to work! No rest for the wicked!

I'm stunned at how many of you are apologizing for "lame" gifts. No apologies!!! We had a blast and i think one of Matthew's favorite parts of the trip was checking our pockets for gifts. We loved and appreciated all the thought that went into this. One of my work colleagues was teasing me for taking part in what he called the "fish extender cult", but i told him that the joke is on him for not participating. I think I made him change his mind. :)

Can't wait for the next trip! don't know when that will be tho!

I'm having a hard time installing the CD that i bought from Shutters with our cruise photos. The installation process stalls about mid-way through. There's a note in the package that it could take up to 30 min to install, but we waited a good two hours and nothing. Anyone have any troubleshooting tips? We submitted a support ticket, but they say it could take up to 5 business days just to respond. We're anxious to see our pictures!!

No suggestions on the Shutters CD--but good luck on getting them to respond to your support ticket. I emailed them on Tuesday and they still haven't responded.

Hopefully they'll just send you a new CD or some other easy fix.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter