Wonder Southern Caribbean January 19, 2020

Just checked. We got cabin 2646. From what I have seen as far as reviews, it’s not the best room. Says it’s under the staff lounge where you hear music and thumping until 2am at minimum and lots of engine noise with gasoline smell when docked. I think we will be okay with the noise, just concerned about the smell of gasoline. I suffer from chronic migraines and have to give myself shots so praying there won’t be any issues. Hope you enjoy your vacation 😊

I also suffer from migraines so I feel you! It sounds like the smell is while refueling at port, so it should be relatively easy to avoid if you plan on being off the ship. If there is techno music that late I would absolutely have no qualms complaining... it doesn't seem right that it would be allowed to continue if it were bothersome to guests in the wee hours!

Just checked. We got cabin 2646. From what I have seen as far as reviews, it’s not the best room. Says it’s under the staff lounge where you hear music and thumping until 2am at minimum and lots of engine noise with gasoline smell when docked. I think we will be okay with the noise, just concerned about the smell of gasoline. I suffer from chronic migraines and have to give myself shots so praying there won’t be any issues. Hope you enjoy your vacation 😊

Hopefully, they've addressed those issues based on the review. Maybe we'll see you aboard :-)

I also suffer from migraines so I feel you! It sounds like the smell is while refueling at port, so it should be relatively easy to avoid if you plan on being off the ship. If there is techno music that late I would absolutely have no qualms complaining... it doesn't seem right that it would be allowed to continue if it were bothersome to guests in the wee hours!
Thank you. I just don’t like being THAT person who complains on vacation. Hopefully when it was reimagined they accounted for those issues and remedies them. We are getting so excited. Just 9 more days ❤️ Hope all of you have a magical vacation!

Hopefully, they've addressed those issues based on the review. Maybe we'll see you aboard :-)
Yes, hoping they made those changes when it was reimagined since I haven’t seen any updated reviews on the room. Have an amazing vacation!

Thank you. I just don’t like being THAT person who complains on vacation. Hopefully when it was reimagined they accounted for those issues and remedies them. We are getting so excited. Just 9 more days ❤ Hope all of you have a magical vacation!

Oh, I don't either but migraines are no minor thing! Never feel bad for self advocating to avoid them wherever possible. :flower3: Looks like a snow storm is coming to my area late next week so the hardest part as always is going to be getting to the ship! I hope your trip is amazing too!

Has anyone touched base with their hotel or heard anything regarding the earthquakes in Puerto Rico and what is happening to the poor people there? Wondering if DCL will switch to another port?

Has anyone touched base with their hotel or heard anything regarding the earthquakes in Puerto Rico and what is happening to the poor people there? Wondering if DCL will switch to another port?

We have not, but I'm not surprised as the earthquakes have been on the south side of the island and have not impacted San Juan. Cruises have been departing and visiting normally while this all goes on, so I do not think DCL will make any changes unless something occurs to damage the city or port directly.

I just contacted our hotel, the Courtyard Isla Verde Beach Resort and they said that currently they have electricity and water and that the area seems to be okay at the moment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!