Wonder June 15th

darbear

Earning My Ears
bfosbenner
We will probably see you on the cruise! Warning! my dd15 and ds10 plan to stay out until their clubs close. They said we will be in at night before them. They are thin, but snackers so you may hear a lot of room serve. Other than that they we are good neighbors. See you in 2 months.:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

hi dabear!
I was excited to see you are crusing when we are and with kids close to the same age as mine!!
I have 2 teenage ds. (15 & 14) And another ds age 11! All three eat like mad...which will put the poor room service guys in the nut house.

Is there anyone else going this date?
Can't wait to go.:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Hi dabear and bfosbenner --

Oh, I'm so excited to find someone who will be on our cruise. This our first cruise (disney or anywhere else - although my dh was in the navy . . ummmm). My kids are a bit younger 8 & 6 yo. Any advice? My kids keep talking about all the programs, too. They love watching the official Disney cruise video.

Can't wait! :jester: :Pinkbounc :jester: :bounce:

This is our first cruise too. I got the passporter and we have all read it and has lots of good information if you like to plan ahead. We plan some ahead, but leave plenty of time for other activities.
To night at 8:00 eastern is a hour program on travel channel on the disney cruises. We all can't wait to see it. :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Darbear

Counting down the days. Our first cruise also. Having the travel channel taped for us.

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

:wave:

Hi Dabear --

What is a passporter? Can you believe how close this trip is? I was reading through the tips thread last night. My DH and I got a kick out duct tape being the number one thing recommended to bring

talk with you later

TEW 8-)

This is our first cruise also. My ds8 and dd11 will probably be sticking by our side during the whole cruise. My dd watched the DCL cruise special yesterday and was kind of put off that parents put their kids into the clubs. Yes, she is 11 going on 20 and considers herself an adult(he he-yeah right). We are so excited and I feel comforted that other Dis folks will be on the Juen 15th cruise. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!

HI Snowball --

I figured my dh will want to send time with the kids in the clubs. Apparently the parents can hang out too. He's very over protective of my boys (6 & 8) so we'll see whether he is comfortable leaving them. I'm sure we won't give them sign out priveledges though. I was amazed folks would consider that at age 8 (and I have a mature 8 yo).

What kind of excursions are you thinking about . . .

Have a terrific over the hump day!

:bounce: :jester: :Pinkbounc :jester:

DiaLady

As for excursions I think we are going to keep it pretty basic. At Nassau we are going to visit a museum and visit a few shops. At Freeport we will probably step off and visit the straw market, take a few pictures and then enjoy the rest of the day on the ship. On Castaway Cay we will rent floats and waterbikes. Are you doing any major excursions. I am still debating Atlantis. It looks so beautiful but I just am not sure yet.

Hi Snowball --

I didn't realize we were going to Freeport too? Oh, I hope so. I've heard much better things about that place than Nassau. I've been to Nassua (10 years ago) and wasn't impressed. I'd love to know what musuem is there. We enjoy museums.

I'm with you on the Atlantis execursion. DH won't go for it. It's about $500 to cover everthing for the day and that's not in our budget. We've had lots of friends go and stay at Atlantis. I want to go just for the tour of the aquariums.

We're keeping it basic as well. Being our first trip, I want to enjoys the amenities we've already paid for . . .LOL. Next time we can branch out a little more.

Have a wonderful day!
:smooth: :smooth: :smooth:

Dialady,
The passport is the only travel book on just the Disney Cruise line. It just came out in Jan or Feb. I order mine through Amazon.com. Here is the passporter web site. www.passporter.com
On the information I have the cruise is not going to Freeport.
We also saw the travel channel program last night and it only got us more excited.
My children can't wait to go to the clubs!! We are going to have some activities that we all will do together, but then we have adult time only time together. We are going on a Disney cruise instead of any other because of the great children and family activites.

I was wrong!
I called Disney to book couple of excursion my teenage DD wants and found out we are going to Freeport. I was looking forward to a day at see before our long drive home.

Oh, everyone saw the travel channel but me . . boo hoo. My mom in PA taped it for me. Can't wait to get it. I'm sure the kids will watch it over and over just like any other Disney movie . . .LOL

Glad we're going to Freeport! That will be cool. I've heard good things about it .. well at least better than Nassau.

Have a terrific day!

:bounce: :smooth: :Pinkbounc :smooth:

Ok, now I'm confused.:confused: It was my understanding that the Freeport stop ended in May. I wanted the day at sea not another port. Hmmm....does anyone have concrete information on this? Why did they change it without notifying people? My DH doesn't seemed bothered by this but I wanted a relaxing spa day!

Thanks for the heads up about Freeport! :D

Even though I could have went for the day at sea, it's nice to know we have the option for another beach day! :smooth:

I just made our excursion reservations this evening for all three ports. I'm glad I did... it seems like the time slots are starting to fill up on some of the excursions!

Just wondering why we weren't informed by DCL or TA. Oh well, our flight times have changed a couple of times without us being notified by the airline, too... just have to stay aware, I guess.

Thanks Again, darbear!
woodymac64 & slopoke14 :smooth:

P.S. to TINKFAN3: I was told by DCL Reservations that, because of passenger interest and contract renewals, the Freeport stop was added to our cruise itinerary.

Hey guys,
I'm over my disappointment about stopping at Freeport. My DH called our TA and she explained it all to him. He is excited about going and I must admit it will be fun to see something new!
I guess I better hurry and figure out what we are going to do there.

Hope to see all of you on the cruise...I'm ready to eat! LOL.:p

My guess is that fuel prices have some influence on the Freeport stop. Wouldn't sitting at port save on some fuel?:smooth:

I noticed some of you were making excursion reservations for our trip. What excursions are you doing? How do we make reservations ahead of time? Do we need to pay upfront with the reservation?

I'm so new at this. Learning more all the time. I will be thrilled if we get to go to Freeport. Wonder what fun things there are to do there?

Thanks for your help!

:bounce: :bounce:

Yourcan go on the disney cruise site and check out the excursions and then call1-877-566-0968. My ta sent me a Shore excursions personal guide.
We are doing the castway Cay get away package( float, bike and snorkling)
We have 4 days at disney before hand so we just want to enjoy the ship.
I will go to the straw market in Freeport and Nassau.
dd15- wide-side at Castway cay and Teen Jam on Nassau. I booked last week and got them all. I have heard that the teen ones fill up fast.
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter