Wonder Heading Back to Port Canaveral?

The Wonder seems to be docked at Willemstad, Curacao. The Dream is heading in that direction. Also the Fantasy is heading in that direction?

With all of that, it doesn't make sense that the Wonder is the only DCL ship that is green on the CDC color coded thing.
They don't know the death is COVID connected, yet. Sadly, people die from all sorts of things. The color coding has to do with COVID positive results onboard.

Dream is now docked in Curacoa along with the Wonder and Fantasy.

Last edited:

Dream is now docked in Curacoa along with the Wonder and Fantasy.

Why would they all 3 be there at the same time? If they are just dropping off they wouldn't all need to be there at the same time. Is it just dropping off or are they moving the crew between ships thus requiring all 3 to be there? What would be the necessity of moving crew between ships if their just dropping off?

Why would they all 3 be there at the same time? If they are just dropping off they wouldn't all need to be there at the same time. Is it just dropping off or are they moving the crew between ships thus requiring all 3 to be there? What would be the necessity of moving crew between ships if their just dropping off?
They are almost certainly transferring crew amongst ships. Another alternative is that they are chartering flights and consolidating crew to those charters.

They are almost certainly transferring crew amongst ships. Another alternative is that they are chartering flights and consolidating crew to those charters.

I also though they might be consolidating an on-island quarantine. I do not know Curacao's policies, but if they do require a quarantine, would it be easier if everyone started at the same time.

They are almost certainly transferring crew amongst ships

Didn't they all just do this in Barbados? Why do they keep doing this and why at different ports? Why not just keep doing it in Barbados? Also, do you have to be in port to transfer crew among ships? One time we were in port on a DCL cruise and the crew took out those powered lifeboats and drove them around a bit for drills. Couldn't you just transfer crew between ships with those boats, kind of like the tender boats at Grand Cayman? Would seem better then spending hundreds of thousands of dollars in fuel for 3 ships to keep running around the Caribbean for 4+ months.

It would be really cool if DCL would do little updates to tell us what/why they're doing these things. It would eliminate the speculation and rumors. I've tried to be optimistic about future cruising but I guess we all know why they don't do updates. If they were up front with us and did updates we would then all know that the cruises are not going to go. I guess it's better for them to keep string along disappointing hundreds of thousands of customers every 6 to 8 weeks than to lose all your capital from people cancelling and not booking upcoming cruises.

On another note, Disney is publicly traded. Shareholders are owners. I'm not sure if Disney is a voting rights stock but if it is, is there any way we can get together as shareholders and vote to make DCL more transparent about their upcoming plans? Somewhere there is a person or a group of persons who knows for a fact if DCL is sailing after 09/15 or if they are string alonging this thing until a vaccine. It's not cool to keep offering cruises for sale and then yanking the rug out 6 to 8 weeks before the cruise. Now it's become a pattern and not just a one-time incident. This is not a proper way to conduct business, we are not just people with a couple of hundred dollars worth of park tickets, we are customers with tens of thousands of dollars invested in cruises.

So far almost everyone's response on the board is just "oh, ok, I'll just re-book a future cruise, no big deal, whatever". If I were Disney, I would look at this board during these times to kind of put my finger on the pulse of my loyal customers. Let's face it, if you're on this board posting, then you're more than just the average DCL fan. If DCL comes on here and see's that people don't really have a problem with being strung along and losing money from rescheduled flights, hotels, etc., then no wonder they keep operating in this manner. As customers/stockholders, we need to demand more transparency and end the lackadaisical "no big deal, whatever they want to do to me is fine" frame of mind. Now you're going to get a few come on here and claim DCL may not know what they're going to do and it's not their fault. I strongly disagree. When you're spending hundreds of thousands of dollars (maybe even in the millions) to transit canals and repatriate crew, you knew you were not going to sail that 07/31 sailing but up until 9 days ago you were offering it for sail, taking money even as you were offloading the crew that would be needed to man that sailing. So they know. I apologize to all in advance for the long post above (rant off now).

It would be really cool if DCL would do little updates to tell us what/why they're doing these things. It would eliminate the speculation and rumors. I've tried to be optimistic about future cruising but I guess we all know why they don't do updates. If they were up front with us and did updates we would then all know that the cruises are not going to go. I guess it's better for them to keep string along disappointing hundreds of thousands of customers every 6 to 8 weeks than to lose all your capital from people cancelling and not booking upcoming cruises.

On another note, Disney is publicly traded. Shareholders are owners. I'm not sure if Disney is a voting rights stock but if it is, is there any way we can get together as shareholders and vote to make DCL more transparent about their upcoming plans? Somewhere there is a person or a group of persons who knows for a fact if DCL is sailing after 09/15 or if they are string alonging this thing until a vaccine. It's not cool to keep offering cruises for sale and then yanking the rug out 6 to 8 weeks before the cruise. Now it's become a pattern and not just a one-time incident. This is not a proper way to conduct business, we are not just people with a couple of hundred dollars worth of park tickets, we are customers with tens of thousands of dollars invested in cruises.

So far almost everyone's response on the board is just "oh, ok, I'll just re-book a future cruise, no big deal, whatever". If I were Disney, I would look at this board during these times to kind of put my finger on the pulse of my loyal customers. Let's face it, if you're on this board posting, then you're more than just the average DCL fan. If DCL comes on here and see's that people don't really have a problem with being strung along and losing money from rescheduled flights, hotels, etc., then no wonder they keep operating in this manner. As customers/stockholders, we need to demand more transparency and end the lackadaisical "no big deal, whatever they want to do to me is fine" frame of mind. Now you're going to get a few come on here and claim DCL may not know what they're going to do and it's not their fault. I strongly disagree. When you're spending hundreds of thousands of dollars (maybe even in the millions) to transit canals and repatriate crew, you knew you were not going to sail that 07/31 sailing but up until 9 days ago you were offering it for sail, taking money even as you were offloading the crew that would be needed to man that sailing. So they know. I apologize to all in advance for the long post above (rant off now).
I think the bolded line is the issue, you're really sure this person(s) exist, but the rest of us don't. I really believe they want to get back to cruising as soon as save and they only cancel what they know for sure isn't going to sail.

they only cancel what they know for sure isn't going to sail.

I used to think that too but then wondered why only a week or so ago they were dumping off crew knowing they had a 07/31 sailing up for sale on their website. If you didn't know you were going to cancel the cruise, then why were you repatriating crew members that you would need for that sailing in a matter of weeks? Also, my upcoming cruise for example. Why not tell me why my cruise is removed from the website but has not been cancelled? What would be the harm in telling me why they removed my cruise from the website? I think we all know why but DCL is not being forthcoming and is playing the string along, keep their money on our books game. They know if the 09/18 or later Dream cruises are going out. I do not believe for second that they don't know. Repatriating all of your staff to their home countries is what is called a clue.

I used to think that too but then wondered why only a week or so ago they were dumping off crew knowing they had a 07/31 sailing up for sale on their website. If you didn't know you were going to cancel the cruise, then why were you repatriating crew members that you would need for that sailing in a matter of weeks? Also, my upcoming cruise for example. Why not tell me why my cruise is removed from the website but has not been cancelled? What would be the harm in telling me why they removed my cruise from the website? I think we all know why but DCL is not being forthcoming and is playing the string along, keep their money on our books game. They know if the 09/18 or later Dream cruises are going out. I do not believe for second that they don't know. Repatriating all of your staff to their home countries is what is called a clue.
You will need crew for the upcoming cruises, but it can't the crew who's on now, they've been on so long, they need to go home, they deserve to!

You will need crew for the upcoming cruises, but it can't the crew who's on now, they've been on so long, they need to go home, they deserve to!

That’s my point. They knew they weren’t going to sail on 07/31. Just like they know whether or not they’re sailing 09/18. So do you think they’re in these ports picking up crew? What do you mean upcoming cruises? What upcoming cruises?

As far as I know, DCL has always had a revolving door of contracts - its normal for some number of crew to start and cease contracts all over the place so personally I'm not focusing on why they're moving crew around the way they're choosing to. I also don't think DCL owes it to anyone to give us that kind of detail into how they're running their business, even stockholders (and yeah, I'm one too - I'm sure a lot of people on these boards are). I do get emails telling me to vote but no clue how they decide what to vote on.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...push-back-against-executive-pay-idUSKBN20Y1DA
I assume the person(s) who know if DCL will be sailing in 9/15 is not a Disney employee, if there even is such a person somewhere. They don't make all the rules - they have what they WISH to do, that is all at this point.

Wow. Obviously Mazloum needs to fire his whole C-suite and hire the denizens here. There is just so much more knowledge about how to run DCL correctly in the forums. Especially allowing everyone to have all of the line's core knowledge when it comes to and justifying their actions and how/what decisions they have to make in very difficult times . . .

The CDC isn't even considering return to passenger plans right now. As such, DCL have no clue when they can sail. Basic regulatory issue.

I thought I saw a link somewhere that Curacao was making a lot of effort to allow foreign nationals from other countries facilitate flights home since many countries, especially the U.S. isn't allowing any international flights out at the present time. There was scuttlebutt weeks ago about one of the DCL ships sailing to Asia to drop off crew, this probably would mitigate the need if Disney could charter flights out of Curacao to countries that are allowing repatriation. I think that's why all the current CONUS based ships are there, to consolidate as many crew on to as few flights possible to get them home, including sadly the return of the body of the crew member from the Wonder that passed away last week to his home country the Philippines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!