Won tickets, how do I know when they expire?

FigaroandFifi

Mouseketeer
hi all, so my sister was showered in pixie dust and won 10 one day park hopper tickets at an auction. We are not familiar with using these kinds of tickets. The paper she got with them didn’t give us much information. Someone told her they had block out dates and expired in 2 years but the only date we see on the tickets is from fall 2018, does that mean they are already expired? How do we know what the block out dates are? She just won the tickets a couple months ago and we are considering a sister trip for 2020. I know, your thinking 2020? Seriously? Why not now? Well what I am not telling you is that there are 5 of us (including SIL’s) going, one of which has several work trips planned already for 2019 so we are going to plan now for 2020 so when she is planning 2020, she has the sister trip on her calendar.

Were you able to get info on the tickets?

I haven't emailed them yet, I am going to wait until we finish planning. Still working out dates but it is looking like October, now they are thinking that maybe we can go this year!! I wish those girls would make up their minds :(

2 years from the date of purchase. The letter should have a date on it or if not the back of the ticket should have a date of when it was printed. We won 4 1-day Park hoppers in June 2016 and the expired April 2018.

So yeah if there is a date from fall 2018 that means they would expire sometime in the fall of 2020 (whatever the 2018 date is). We didn’t have info on blackout days bus possibly
Major holidays? We used them in the middle of March

2 years from the date of purchase. The letter should have a date on it or if not the back of the ticket should have a date of when it was printed. We won 4 1-day Park hoppers in June 2016 and the expired April 2018.

So yeah if there is a date from fall 2018 that means they would expire sometime in the fall of 2020 (whatever the 2018 date is). We didn’t have info on blackout days bus possibly
Major holidays? We used them in the middle of March

Yeah she didn’t get much info with them. She said she was told they expired in 2 years but the date on the back was confusing us a little. Thanks, your response makes sense.

Just make sure to do the math on the best way to use the tickets if you've got multiple people going. Since you can't do anything with the tickets there are definitely optimal ways to apply them to a longer trip depending on how many days you're going and how many people. (And in some cases best way may be to sell them and use the money to buy longer tickets . . .)

If you want to go ahead and link them to MDE, it will give you their expiration date. Should include any possible black out dates too
App is usually the better way to see both

Don't forget that even if the tickets expire, the value of them doesn't. For example, if they expire on March 1, 2019 and you go November of 2019, you will only pay the difference for the current ticket price.

Don't forget that even if the tickets expire, the value of them doesn't. For example, if they expire on March 1, 2019 and you go November of 2019, you will only pay the difference for the current ticket price.

I'm not so sure that "contest tickets" (those offered by WDW for auctions and the like) have any "value" at all.

I don’t think this is true for complimentary tickets, which is what tickets gifted by WDW to auctions usually are. These tickets have 0 value and cannot be upgraded because their upgrade value is 0.

Edit to add: I see Robo was posting the same thing!

Last edited:
If you want to go ahead and link them to MDE, it will give you their expiration date. Should include any possible black out dates too
App is usually the better way to see both

But once I put them into MDE am I committed to being the one to use Them? My sister doesn’t have an MDE account. And in the case of her and one of my SIL’s I don’t see either of them signing up for one.

I'm not so sure that "contest tickets" (those offered by WDW for auctions and the like) have any "value" at all.

Thanks, I was a little confused by that well. I have done a little digging and I think I had seen that they could not be used to upgrade to a season pass, just can’t remember where I had seen that, lol.

But once I put them into MDE am I committed to being the one to use Them? My sister doesn’t have an MDE account. And in the case of her and one of my SIL’s I don’t see either of them signing up for one.
No. Any tickets that are unused can be transferred from guest to guest.

No. Any tickets that are unused can be transferred from guest to guest.

Oh I think I had heard that before, thanks! Do you think MDE is secure enough to put the tickets into? They could be sitting there for a while if we cannot get a trip hammered out for this year.

Oh I think I had heard that before, thanks! Do you think MDE is secure enough to put the tickets into? They could be sitting there for a while if we cannot get a trip hammered out for this year.

Unless you give your username and password to MDE to random people I can't see why the tickets wouldn't be "secure" there. It's your account, no one should have access to it unless you give it to them. :o

I haven't emailed them yet, I am going to wait until we finish planning. Still working out dates but it is looking like October, now they are thinking that maybe we can go this year!! I wish those girls would make up their minds :(
This program for ticket rewards to nonprofits started last January. At that time it was stated there can be black out dates printed on the back of the tickets. The website info hasn’t been updated so it still states that the only black out date is the week between Christmas and New Years. It’s a 3rd party website so not sure If they keep it updated. Congrats and enjoy the trip!

Disney replaced their old “Give a day, Get a day” with this Family Reward Volunteering program for 501c3 nonprofits.

This program for ticket rewards to nonprofits started last January...
Disney replaced their old “Give a day, Get a day” with this Family Reward Volunteering program for 501c3 nonprofits.

I can tell you that they have offered "non-profit giveaway tickets" for years and years.

I'm sure that there are multiple kinds and categories of tickets that Disney offers to 501(c)(3) and other non-profit/charitable groups for
those group's incentive, publicity and money-raising purposes.

Last edited:
The easiest thing is to call Disney. I guess I’m not trusting because I would be worried they were fake or used. I’d call and confirm expiration and black out dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter