WOC dining packages worth it?

peterpanandwendy

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone :)

We are FOR SURE doing the River Belle Terrace Fantastic Dining package, since F! seems to be pretty popular right now and getting a seat is not as easy as "Sitting behind the light pole" like it was five years ago, lol.

But I have heard mixed reviews on the World of Colour packages. I have heard that you can still get basic fast passes for the Red or Blue section early in the day, which are pretty good... so what are your thoughts? It it worth it to do the dining package? Or can I still get by with getting a decent spot the old fashioned way?

Oh, and we are going to be there July 17-22 if that helps!

Hi everyone :)

We are FOR SURE doing the River Belle Terrace Fantastic Dining package, since F! seems to be pretty popular right now and getting a seat is not as easy as "Sitting behind the light pole" like it was five years ago, lol.

But I have heard mixed reviews on the World of Colour packages. I have heard that you can still get basic fast passes for the Red or Blue section early in the day, which are pretty good... so what are your thoughts? It it worth it to do the dining package? Or can I still get by with getting a decent spot the old fashioned way?

Oh, and we are going to be there July 17-22 if that helps!
Old fashioned way is fine IMO. The Dessert Party is a splurge but great for folks of smaller stature and those who can't wait as long on their feet.

:wizard:

We've gotten FP without a problem in the summer, BUT who knows this year with Pixar Pier opening. If we can't get FP's or don't want to do the cattle herd, we go sit underneath Silly Symphony Swings and watch from that side. Everything is basically backwards but since you can see through water we can still see all of the effects. And we usually have the whole patio area to ourselves. We do seem to get more wet back there when it is windy, but in July that shouldn't be a big problem. We can stand right up to the railing on the water with no one in front of us.

From everything I have heard and seen, if you are going to do any of the WOC packages, do the dessert package, you get a seat at a table, for most it will be a tall table and chair so you can see over the people in front of you and you actually get quite a bit for your money.

We did the wine country 2 years ago and it was awesome. This was the view.
13346291_10208043934310335_2461680160622324599_o.jpg

We’ve done FP and a dinner package and it was fine but the dessert party is the way to go for us. We’ve done it twice and it’s our favourite way to watch WOC now. It’s worth the extra money to us for an actual chair to watch the show and the view is great.

But I have heard mixed reviews on the World of Colour packages. I have heard that you can still get basic fast passes for the Red or Blue section early in the day, which are pretty good... so what are your thoughts? It it worth it to do the dining package? Or can I still get by with getting a decent spot the old fashioned way?..

Just to clarify: there is no more Red section for WOC. There are two free sections: Blue and Yellow. There is good and bad viewing in all sections: free FPs, Dining Package sections, and even for the Dessert Party (mostly good/very good/great views, but some people have reported obstructed views). Read the first post in the World of Color Superthread to get a handle on the different viewing areas. Whether you decide to go for free FPs or a dining package of some kind depends on how much time you are willing to invest in waiting for your spots. We've done the free FPs (blue and yellow), WCT and CCR Dining Packages, and the Dessert Party and had good experiences with all of them. But we know how much time each option requires. For free FPs, we invest 90 minutes minimum to get the spots we know we want. (I'm short so the choice of spots isn't as wide as it is for other people.) For Dining Packages, we invest about an hour. And for the Dessert Party, usually 30 minutes (a bit more if it's a holiday).
Will your daughter be with you for WOC? There is a HC viewing area with bench seating. You might want to ask CMs about sitting in that section. If the area isn't crowded that night, your whole family will be allowed to sit. But if other guests need the bench space, your daughter will be allowed to sit with you and the rest of your family will be asked to stand by you. (We haven't seen that area packed on other nights, so I don't know how often that happens.)

I have seen WOC many times and of all the times I've seen it only did the dessert party once. I've never done a dining package as the FP you get from the dining package you can get for free so, to me it doesn't make sense if you can get a free FP. The dessert party was amazing but pretty pricy and just one of those splurge things I did. Not something I will do all the time. Make sure to line up for WOC an hour before the show to be able to get the spot you want.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the suggestions! Yes, my daughter will be with us, which is why I was considering the dining option. It made sense for F! because I really LOVE that show... but WOC I'm sort of "meh" on. I would love for my kids to see it though. We skipped it last time because they were too little to stay up. The dessert package is just waaaaaaaay to expensive for us. Paying $80 per person for WOC if for sure not worth it to me, which is why I was curious about the dinner packages. WCT is a favourite of ours, so I was willing to do the lunch option for that, but I'm thinking I'll just stick with the old fashioned method of fast passes. Thanks everyone!

There is a HC viewing area with bench seating. You might want to ask CMs about sitting in that section. If the area isn't crowded that night, your whole family will be allowed to sit. But if other guests need the bench space, your daughter will be allowed to sit with you and the rest of your family will be asked to stand by you. (We haven't seen that area packed on other nights, so I don't know how often that happens.)
I have sat in this area as I rent a ECV and this area is a great place to sit if you have can. Not so crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter