WoC Dessert Party check in

dreeger

Mouseketeer
We are going to woc dessert party tonight. Our reservation time says 9:15, but guest services says check in 30 min before show time. So does this mean we check in at 9:15 or at 8:45???

Show time will be 10pm. They tell you to line up for the DP 45mins before this. This is 'about' when they start letting people in: at 9.15pm.
However, people will line up before this. If they are too early they will tell them to go away and come back but they won't go far away!
Up to you when you want to get there. You've definitely got a seat so no worry there. I myself would normally get there probably by 8.45pm or definitely nearby then to watch what's going on with the line but it's up to you : )

Show time will be 10pm. They tell you to line up for the DP 45mins before this. This is 'about' when they start letting people in: at 9.15pm.
However, people will line up before this. If they are too early they will tell them to go away and come back but they won't go far away!
Up to you when you want to get there. You've definitely got a seat so no worry there. I myself would normally get there probably by 8.45pm or definitely nearby then to watch what's going on with the line but it's up to you : )

Thank you!!!

Just did this last night 3/16/19. About 8:30 we went to the check in spot which had a taped off line already forming. About 8:45 they turned on the sign’s light which guided Dessert party goers to the correct check in spot. CMs were there asking our names and checking reservations and answering questions. At 9:15 they checked us in, gave us wristbands (in case we needed to exit for bathroom) and sent us down to tables.

I was told on nights where lots of disabled or wheelchair reservations were made, or large groups needing to stay together, they would assign tables ahead of time. Last night they didn’t, they asked us what type of table we needed and honored the requests as long as those tables were available. Because we both needed a lower table, and we were in line a bit early, we got table number 1 (which had the most central view). We shared with another party of two.

Because there are fewer low tables, if you need one be prepared to line up the minute they put down tape and let you. But note the lower tables will have slight obstructions due to the heads of people in the lower section in front of you. Not a terrible obstruction, but tall people can cut off your view of the bottom of the water screens.

I would do 60 minutes early. I made the mistake once of coming at 35 minutes before. It all worked out but I won't wait that long again. I want to make sure I get a high table.

:wizard:

I start scoping out the area 60 minutes before and get in line as soon as I see it start to form.

We just went to the WOC Dessert Party on March 5th and had the best time! We actually showed up late, our tickets said 7:30pm and I think we were there at 7:50pm or so. There was no one in line by the time we got there, everyone had been seated already. We were the very last people to be seated, whoops! We were seated at the last tables available, the high tops on the far left side (if facing the WOC show) and it was perfect.

One thing I noticed, there was space for strollers for the dessert party attendees. We didn't think we could bring our stroller down so we left it a bit far away (with all the crowds gathering for the show, we had to steer clear of them). Lesson learned for next time!

We just went to the WOC Dessert Party on March 5th and had the best time! We actually showed up late, our tickets said 7:30pm and I think we were there at 7:50pm or so. There was no one in line by the time we got there, everyone had been seated already. We were the very last people to be seated, whoops! We were seated at the last tables available, the high tops on the far left side (if facing the WOC show) and it was perfect.

One thing I noticed, there was space for strollers for the dessert party attendees. We didn't think we could bring our stroller down so we left it a bit far away (with all the crowds gathering for the show, we had to steer clear of them). Lesson learned for next time!

As it turned out, we were pre-seated because we were a party of 6. Had I known this ahead of time, I would have lined up later. Standing in line 90 min before a show is eh. I understand it's part of the Disney deal, but the reason I'll pay more for a seat is so that I don't have to stake out a spot so far in advance.

That said, we had a fabulous view at a high top in the first row and really enjoyed the dessert party.

So you had a high top table for 6, and it was kinda "reserved" because of your party size ??? We are a party of 6 end of April and were just hoping that we would be seated as a group of 4 and the other 2 at the table next to us. But if this is the case, that would be great ! Went once before 2 years ago, and we hung around the area and got in line as soon as the sign went up. So it was a long time beforehand, but we didn't know how it all worked and wanted to be sure to get a high top rather than a lower table.

Did you happen to notice if there is a place for scooter parking near the dessert party (or if they are placed together with the strollers)? Grandmother will need to stay in her scooter while waiting in line for the dessert party(can't stand for long periods), but she will want to walk to the table and sit in a chair.

Our group of 3 went this last Sun night. We arrived about 9pm. There were about 60-70 people in the line ahead of us. A CM came through the line to check reservations but it was to make sure people were in the right line. At 9:15, they started checking guests in. When we got to the CM, we were asked if we wanted a high or low table, so even that far back in line, we had options. We sat at a high top just to the left of center. It was nice to sit higher than the heads standing in front of us. Moral of the story-for us, there was no need to stand in yet another long line for good seats.

So you had a high top table for 6, and it was kinda "reserved" because of your party size ??? We are a party of 6 end of April and were just hoping that we would be seated as a group of 4 and the other 2 at the table next to us. But if this is the case, that would be great ! Went once before 2 years ago, and we hung around the area and got in line as soon as the sign went up. So it was a long time beforehand, but we didn't know how it all worked and wanted to be sure to get a high top rather than a lower table.

Yes, we did not have a chance to pick our table because our party size, but they sat us at 2 high tops pushed together so we were basically sitting 3 to a table but we were close together. The cm who checked us in said they "pre seat" parties larger than 5.

Our group of 3 went this last Sun night. We arrived about 9pm. There were about 60-70 people in the line ahead of us. A CM came through the line to check reservations but it was to make sure people were in the right line. At 9:15, they started checking guests in. When we got to the CM, we were asked if we wanted a high or low table, so even that far back in line, we had options. We sat at a high top just to the left of center. It was nice to sit higher than the heads standing in front of us. Moral of the story-for us, there was no need to stand in yet another long line for good seats.

We were there the same night! :-)

My sister and I are going on May 1st, if I phone up before hand and mention that we are celebrating her birthday, does anyone know if there is anything they might be able to do/ provide to celebrate? Or am I better off asking when we go for a sit down full meal somewhere else and ordering a cake?

My sister and I are going on May 1st, if I phone up before hand and mention that we are celebrating her birthday, does anyone know if there is anything they might be able to do/ provide to celebrate? Or am I better off asking when we go for a sit down full meal somewhere else and ordering a cake?
It can't hurt to call to note your sister's birthday on your Dessert Party reservation. They might be able to do something for her. (If not, you are allowed to bring in your own food -- maybe a cupcake from Sprinkles in DTD or from the Candy Palace in DL or something from Trolley Treats?) And why not order a custom cake, too? That's what birthdays are for, right? Celebrating!

It can't hurt to call to note your sister's birthday on your Dessert Party reservation. They might be able to do something for her. (If not, you are allowed to bring in your own food -- maybe a cupcake from Sprinkles in DTD or from the Candy Palace in DL or something from Trolley Treats?) And why not order a custom cake, too? That's what birthdays are for, right? Celebrating!

I didn't realise we could take in other food, bringing in a little birthday cupcake is a great idea! And I'll give them a ring and let them know just in case. Thank you!

I didn't realise we could take in other food, bringing in a little birthday cupcake is a great idea! And I'll give them a ring and let them know just in case. Thank you!
Oh, it's no problem to bring in some of your own food -- we saw someone bring in a corn dog! lol!
By the way, will your sister be all right in one of the director's chairs at a high table? Or would she be better in a regular folding chair at a low table? If she'd feel more balanced at a low table, request one on your reservation -- there are far fewer low tables -- and check in early and repeat the request then.

Oh, it's no problem to bring in some of your own food -- we saw someone bring in a corn dog! lol!
By the way, will your sister be all right in one of the director's chairs at a high table? Or would she be better in a regular folding chair at a low table? If she'd feel more balanced at a low table, request one on your reservation -- there are far fewer low tables -- and check in early and repeat the request then.

Thats great, I'll have to try to sneak off to get her a surprise cake to bring in with us! As for the seating, its going to be a long day and I am a bit worried that that combined with the heat might make her feel worse than usual, so I think it might be best to err on the side of caution and sit somewhere lower with a solid seat back. I didn't realise the seating wasnt all the same, thanks very much for letting me know!

Yes, we did not have a chance to pick our table because our party size, but they sat us at 2 high tops pushed together so we were basically sitting 3 to a table but we were close together. The cm who checked us in said they "pre seat" parties larger than 5.
Awesome ! Thanks for the info ! it would be nice to NOT linger in the check-in area to get lined up if we don't have to !

Yes, this is great to know. Going with a party of 6 in September (hoping it's actually showing on the weekends and not being refurbed right after Labor Day!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter