WL Villas Room Request

Doofenshmirtz

Mouseketeer
Staying at the WL Villas for the first time in a month in a 1BR.....:goodvibes

Is there any location/request that I should ask for??

Thanks for the help!!!

Let me be the first to wish you a fantastic stay at VWL. This is not only my home resort, but also my favorite resort on property. It is truly a magical place, and the theming at WL simply cannot be beat.

Regarding a room request, by and large all of the room views are "wooded". Roughly half of the rooms face to the North (Bay Lake side) - although you really can't "see" Bay Lake, unless you are on one of the higher floors. Even if so, the view is primarily of trees. The other half of the rooms face to the South (facing towards the bus depot / parking lot area). Once again, you really can't "see" either the parking lot or the bus depot, but this is the general direction in which the rooms face.

My preference is for the "Bay Lake Side", just for the off chance that I get a room with a sneak peak of Bay Lake, I would prefer that to the parking lot. Also, you can faintly hear the boat horns from the launches arriving/departing the dock from the Bay Lake Side, which I happen to enjoy.

Aside from this, there is no real advantage to one side or the other. One other thing to keep in mind - the last few rooms at the very end of the resort corridor have a view overlooking the garbage pen. While it is fenced and really isn't as bad as it sounds (it is still primarily a "wooded" view), my preference would be for a room NOT overlooking a garbage pen. To avoid the dreaded "dumpster view", the best thing to do is to request a room "close to the elevator". This request (provided that it is honored) ensures you are not in a "dumpster view" room.

So to summarize, my ideal request is "close to the elevator, Bay Lake Side". A higher floor might give you a chance at a sneak peak at Bay Lake. My last stay happened to be on ground floor, which turned out to be extremely convenient. All personal preference, but this should give you a good "lay of the land".

I put this picture together for another thread, which should help you to visualize what I have explained above:

Although it should be mentioned that the "dumpster view" rooms are all studios, and that they do not exist on the first floor.

Andrew has given you a great rundown on the rooms. I might add that the Bay Lake side rooms also offer views--albeit very limited ones--of the higher explosions from Wishes. I prefer to avoid the fifth (top) floor as the balconies there are dormer-style, i.e., you have to stand up to see over the railing as it's solid. :thumbsup2

We request courtyard, pool view. This gives us a room around the circle where the elevator is, and with a view of the very quiet pool. Also, higher floor is better.

Great overview Andrew. Thanks for sharing. I also did not know that the dumpster views were only studios. That is great information to know because that was one of my husbands concerns to trying VWL. Since we don't stay in studios maybe now I can talk him into trying it next year!

Also, some of the top floor 1BRs have vaulted ceilings on the living rooms which opens it up a bit more. However, all the rooms are nice nice with the exception of some of the studios near the dumpster, which are manageable but not great.

Also, some of the top floor 1BRs have vaulted ceilings on the living rooms which opens it up a bit more. However, all the rooms are nice nice with the exception of some of the studios near the dumpster, which are manageable but not great.

We had a studio on the top floor (room 5521) with a vaulted ceiling, too. Very cool. It makes the room seem much larger.

We typically ask for upper floor lake view. Can't go wrong with that. We've always gotten our request.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter