WL room question

cinjam

When will we go again???? Why in April, of course!
I am planning a february trip w/our 2 yo son. When we went to AKL last April we had a savanah room w/balcony - it turned our to be great because when we put son down to bed DH & I went out on the balcony. For next trip we are looking at WL. When we were there many years we had a courtyard room w/balcony, but this time the courtyard view is not necessary.

So, do the standard view or the wood view rooms have balconies? Shoulds I request a room with a balcony?

I looked at the moderates too (never stayed at one of them), but they all seem like they are set up like two-story motels & none would have balconies - anyone know of balconies at a moderate?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

I can't remember if our standard room had a balcony, but our woods view did. And we had a great view of the castle--it was far away but you could see it thru the trees. We also could see the fireworks.:D

We also have a standard view room booked for the WL and are hoping for a balcony.

None of the moderates have balconies...the only thing lacking at the Disney moderates in my opinion. Coronado Springs would be perfect if they just had balconies!

I don't know if I should call the WL and request a balcony, as I've read here that not all rooms there have balconies. We really enjoy spending time on it in the AM, then again in the PM.

I'm getting so psyched for the WL!

Hi All....
All rooms at The Wilderness Lodge have a balcony, except if you are on the first floor, which has a cement patio.
Standard Rooms are floors four through six overlooking the delivery area, Woods and Courtyard Views are floors one through six...I hope this helps...

Have a Magical Day.....

Thank you all for your replies.

ASKMICKEY - that's just what I wanted to hear! Even if we have a room w/a patio - that would work fine as well.

As long as we are out of sight from our son he will sleep!!!

I am not sure if all of the rooms have balconies.

I'm sure a patio also serve you fine.

There is a lot of noise in the rooms from people sliding the chairs on the balcony so if you stay on a high floor you may find that it is more quiet.

Have a good trip.

From Deb Wills' site:

Most of the rooms are approximately 340 sq.feet. There are 3 room views available. The Standard View generally faces the parking lot or driveway and sometimes the roof; the Woods View faces the woods towards the MK (no view of MK-maybe a glimpse of a monorail) on one side and just plain woods on the other side; the Courtyard View looks out over pool or Bay Lake. Some guests report the upper floors do enable you to see the MK fireworks.

There are 7 floors in the main building and 6 floors on the wings . The lobby is considered to be on the 2nd floor. First floor rooms have a walkout area and are generally close to the pool and waterfall. Not all rooms have balconies and some balconies have privacy rails so that you can't see out when sitting. The rooms on the top floor have solid wall balconies. Most rooms have 2 queen size beds and some offer a queen-size bed and 1 bunk bed set for families. You may request a portable crib for your room also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter