• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WL Rate for January'06 - Could this be right?

BCKatie02

Mouseketeer
I called CRO last night an booked a room-only reservation for a WL std view room for Jan 6-8, 2006. The CM was new - her first night on the phones she said. Anyway, looks like she gave me a regular season rate of $239/night. I had thought that January was value season, so the rate rate should be $199/night. I realize the 2006 rates are not out yet, so I'm not too worried yet. Has anyone else booked for 2006 in what should be value season and got quoted for regular?

Thanks,

Katie

I have a 169 rate for this august through AAA and its regular season. a women that works at my kids preschool told me she got a rate of $119last january through mousesavers at the WL standard view. 199 doenst sound right. :guilty:

Rates for 2006 have not been established yet. Until they are, everyone is booked at this year's Regular Season rate, regardless of when next year you are travelling. It is an "across-the-board" rate. When the rates are established, your rate will be adjusted accordingly. For now, your reservation is absolutely correct. :flower:

i understand that this is how they do it, but i think it's crazy. why should you have to pay regular rate now when we all know it is value season? why can't they just book it at 2005 value season rate, and then adjust accordingly. i think it is really silly! sure wish there was a better way to go about it. BTW, we're going in jan. too, and we want to book a pkg. and it just really bugs me that right now my only option is to book room only, and pay one night, rack rate. i just want to send the $200 deposit on a package and be done with it!!

can you tell i'm feeling very impatient today!! :)

I just booked today and was told the same thing. We were quoted 775 for BCV during mid january. Last week I was quoted 560! The CRO told me that it was not value season yet and that value seasons were being changed, in particular March since spring breaks are earlier. She did say that when the 2006 rates came out, if they were lower, we would get a refund.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter