WL Questions - 999 ghst, others?

jimmy

Earning My Ears
WL/DIS Vacation starts May 28-June 1. A couple of questions - 1) Have a Woodlands view booked...any room suggestions? I have two girls ages 7 & 5. Is one with a view of the castle or the nightly parades available? 2) Who do I call/fax to request a specific room and how early can I do it? 3) I assume checkin is not until 3...any suggestions as to what we can do until then? Can we use the pool, etc? 4) Have a couple of character breakfasts booked....has DIS done away with early entrance? 5) Any suggestions as to touring plans for the 7 & 5 year olds? 6) I understand that June 1 is Gay Day at WDW. Do you have any experience/advice for us? Thanks in advance for all the feedback! WL sounds great....our first time at WDW....I think we picked a winner!?!?!!:(

they are meeting as follows on Saturday June 1st

http://www.gayday.com/schedule/2002/default.asp

9am-10pm A Day of Magic
This is the BIG DAY! Gay Day at Disney started here and The Magic Kingdom remains by far the biggest draw of gay & lesbian crowds. Arrive early to be sure you don't miss it! Magic Kingdom®
Walt Disney World Resort
Lake Buena Vista

11am-12pm Gay & Lesbian Youth Meeting Point at Cinderella's Castle
Here's a simple way for kids & young adults to meet eachother and find new friends. It's a casual thing. Talk to the people around you… that's why they're there too! Magic Kingdom®
Walt Disney World Resort
Lake Buena Vista

12:45pm Lesbian Meeting Point at Town Square
It's really not a separatist thing. The women wanted a way to meet each other and Town Square and the Disney Railroad seemed like a great place to do it! Magic Kingdom®
Walt Disney World Resort
Lake Buena Vista

1pm Annual Bears Gathering at Country Bear Jamboree
If you're a bear, an honorary bear or just call bears your friends, you probably don't want to miss this gathering! Magic Kingdom®
Walt Disney World Resort
Lake Buena Vista

3pm-3:45pm Disney's Share A Dream Come True Parade
The 3pm gathering to watch the parade started by accident. Now it's tradition. Wherever the parade travels, it's surrounded by a sea of red-shirt-clad Gay Day crowds! Magic Kingdom®
Walt Disney World Resort
Lake Buena Vista
:eek:

Hiya! The WL is pretty far from the MK! You are going to want to be inside the parks to see all of the parades and magic!

As far as checking in, if you arrive before 3pm, you can check in and store your luggage. If the room isn't ready, check out the hotel or hit the parks until later!

Early entrance is gone I'm afraid.

Gay Day shouldn't affect you at all. You might see a lot of happy folks around with the same colored shirts.

I'm sure other folks can assist you with a room preference. We had quite a walk from the lobby when we stayed, and a woods view didn't do much for me. When my in laws arrived the other day to visit, they remarked about how they missed trees and how they don't have many in Nevada and it hit me, 'maybe THOSE are the types of people who would appreciate a woods view'. I'm sure you will love it love it love it!

You will have a fabulous time!

my wife and i were there last year at MK on that Sunday, and it was a little more than i was ready for. now i am a resident of a very small southern town, so i know i havent had the most wordly cosmopolitan experiences in the world but some of it was a little extreme. the vast majority of people with the gay day shirts on were nice courteous people enjoying wdw like the rest of us but as with any large group a few bad apples will appear. a couple of groups we were around were very loud with vulgar language. i know most kids here worse than that at school but i just dont think it fits in with the atmosphere there. a few couples were very affectionate (more than the usual hug and quick kiss) the other thing was a couple of shirts that some women wore. one said on back of shirt in large letters, "i am the best ride here" another said (in smaller print on front of shirt) "i love p----" i think both of these were way out of line. i am an adult and i can ignore it but i thought about all of those people who would have to explain what that meant when their 9-10 -11 year old asked "what does that mean?" as i said the vast majority were nice and friendly, two or three lady couples were nice enough to take pictures for us, but be aware you may have to explain a few things the young ones will probably see. hope this helps and i hope the WL is great. we plan to be there soon.
mikewdw

I am surprised Disney wouldnt make them change isnt vulgar language on clothing illegeal?? it should be.
Six Flags wouldnt allow such garbage in their park.

..if you want to get the latest up-to-date info regarding the WL, why not check out the thread "NEW Wilderness Lodge FAQ!!!" that is on the Resorts Board? You just may find answers to many questions you have.....(along with great pics, too!!):earsgirl:

We stayed at the WL in 1998 With DD's 9 mon. and 4 yrs. I believe we had a standard room (we never upgrade because we usually only see the room through closed eylids!) and had a view of the fireworks at MK every night!! Room 5085 to be exact. It was a great treat because the baby could go to bed on time and DD 4, and DH could sit out on the balcony and watch! I should mention we couldn't actually see MK because of the tree line, just the fireworks. You're right check in is in the afternoon, there's tons to see at the resort. We took in the lobby then went for a swim. We decided to change to "fresh clothes" and the CM in the baggage area was very nice about letting us grab a couple of things from our bags.

We checked in a couple of weeks ago and at about 1pm and our room was ready, and they were completely booked at the time. It's easier for them to turn the rooms around than a normal hotel because a vast majority of the rooms are empty by 9am with everybody heading to the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter