WL Deluxe Room Discounts

DisNance

Mouseketeer
Hi there,
Has anyone ever used a code for a deluxe room at the WL? I've been looking around but can't seem to find my answer anywhere. We plan on being at Disney from 7/21-7/29. Thanks for any help. This will be our first time at the WL.
Nance

We stayed at WL the beginning of December 2000 and stayed in a Junior Suite which I believe is the same thing as a Deluxe room. I don't think they offer discounts on these rooms, at least not that I'm aware of. But now that we have stayed in one, if we stay at WL in the future, I would get 2 connecting rooms with a discount code instead. Mainly for the discount, extra space, extra bathroom, and 4 Queen beds verse 2 Q's and a sofabed. The deluxe rooms are very nice but not as big as I had hoped. We paid around $350 a night plus tax in 2000.

Thanks for the reply. It's only going to be my husband and myself for this trip. I thought the extra space would be nice. I'm not prepared to pay full price for it though. Hum!! Back to the drawing board.
Nance

I was offered AAA and DC rate on these rooms once. It was around $50 off. There have been times when this discount wasn't available. There aren't as many of these deluxe rooms as other types.

Do you have AAA or DC?

I have never seen a code on one of these rooms but I have seen a code that was able to be used for one of the VWL.

Good luck.

Two years ago I booked one of these rooms with an AP for around $270/night after taxes. I later switched to a tower room at the CR, so I never tried the room. This was for September of '01.

Thanks
I thought about the Studio at the WLV. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what the codes bring for the end of July. I have a reservation already at the Polynesian but, I fear even with a code it's going to be too expensive. I pretty sure I'll have to change the res. to the Wilderness Lodge.

Nance, If you can swing the Poly, it's the best!! I really liked the WL in December but for July and any other time of year the Poly is our favorite. I just love that resort!!

Hi RobinLin,
The Polynesian was my first choice. I've always wanted to stay there. It's all about the money right now. If we can swing it that's where we'll stay. I have been counting my pennies for about a year now. We'll see.
Thanks
Nance

We stayed in a deluxe room in December of 2002. We (3 of us) loved it. The location was great, one balcony overlooked the beach the other had a great view of the geyser and the fireworks at MK. The extra room was great. Also comes with a refrigerator, coffee maker, and robes.

I was able to get a discount with my DC card (saved about 40%). Ended up being about the same as booking 2 woodsview rooms.

My only problem is that I will have a difficult time staying in a regular room after staying in the deluxe room.

So glad you got a discount johndavid on a deluxe room, but I have been a DC member for at least 10 years, originally through work. I was told by CRO when booking our room at WL that these rooms were not discounted. I believe there are only around 20 of these rooms at WL, most located at the ends of the wings. It's very upsetting to think some get offered a discount and not others who hold the same membership card. I hope you can get a discount DisNance.

I have a deluxe room booked for early December with DC discount. Nowhere near the 40% Johndavid reports. I was told it would not be eligible for AP discount but might possibly be available for a code discount. Someone else said they got an AP discount. Who knows? Obviously even CRO doesn't.

For those who HAVE stayed in a deluxe room can you give more specific information on their location. I want to know what to request. johdavid mentions overlooking the beach, can you see the water pageant? Is it possible to have both a lake view and a courtyard view?

The Junior Suites / deluxe rooms (which are the same thing) are located on the corners of the end wings facing Bay Lake. One end wing, however has alot of trees and you can see some of the water through the trees but it is not a clear view. The ones overlooking the beach have a unubstructed view from the higher floors. The ones near the boat dock to the MK are behind the trees. The main balconey of each looks forward. The small balconey off the bedroom looks forward and to the side so if you had a Deluxe room on the inner side you could see a bit of the courtyard. Halfway down one wing there are a few Deluxe rooms as well. We had one of these and we could see most of the courtyard and some of the pool, the geyser and Bay lake. I love the Deluxe rooms because they have lots of windows and a nice layout. Unless you absolutely have to have two bathrooms the Deluxe rooms are great.

Hello Again,
I guess there's a bit of a difference of opinion about the discounts on Deluxe rooms at WL. I guess I'll have to wait until my dates grow closer and then do the best I can. Thanks for all the info.
Nance

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter