Wizarding World Touring Plans and Details

Early Park admission over holiday season, rides limited? I'm a bit confused about using EP admission when staying @ Universal.
Not all rides are open? If I am looking @ IOA specifically is it only the HP section open?

Hi Early park admission is for the HP sections in IOA specifically. I am not sure if there is anything in the Seus area open on the way up to Hogsmeade. Generally it is only the HP sections.

In the studios it is usually only Diagon Alley, however, there have been some reports on touring plans and I did see it one day this past summer that The Mummy was open for early entry.

Early entry for hotel guests will have the designated park with the Potter section open
Also a couple of rides outside of Potter section will be open

Hi Early park admission is for the HP sections in IOA specifically. I am not sure if there is anything in the Seus area open on the way up to Hogsmeade. Generally it is only the HP sections.

In the studios it is usually only Diagon Alley, however, there have been some reports on touring plans and I did see it one day this past summer that The Mummy was open for early entry.
I believe Despicable Me is also open.

Thanks everyone! We were there for 8 days in June this past year and we do remember Despicable Me being open as well, my concern was pulling my non-morning family out of bed each day for early entry and nothing being open but HP. I guess I didn't really get that at the time. We stayed on site deluxe so we had Express Pass and were AP holders, we didn't feel the need for EPA during the summer if it forced us out of bed early.

I guess I was thinking that Early Entry may be more enticing between 12/25-12/31 due to crowds. Can anyone weigh in on that, is having both Express Pass and Early Entry worth it during that time of year?

Thanks everyone! We were there for 8 days in June this past year and we do remember Despicable Me being open as well, my concern was pulling my non-morning family out of bed each day for early entry and nothing being open but HP. I guess I didn't really get that at the time. We stayed on site deluxe so we had Express Pass and were AP holders, we didn't feel the need for EPA during the summer if it forced us out of bed early.

I guess I was thinking that Early Entry may be more enticing between 12/25-12/31 due to crowds. Can anyone weigh in on that, is having both Express Pass and Early Entry worth it during that time of year?
Express pass is nearly essential during that time of the year. I went last year from the 24th-26th and the Express pass saved a TON of time. We got super lucky with great Annual Pass rates at the Royal Pacific so the Express Pass was included.

We have just ONE day next week for universal! Is it possible to get all of HP done and some of the other things in the park!? We shouldn’t need EP right since it’s value season!? How crowded do you think it’ll be?

We have just ONE day next week for universal! Is it possible to get all of HP done and some of the other things in the park!? We shouldn’t need EP right since it’s value season!? How crowded do you think it’ll be?
It will be tight, and you wont be able to linger and appreciate the details in the HP areas or watch all of the shows (you can probably watch 1) or do all of the interactive wand locations (you'll be able to do some).

I am so glad I found this thread. I'm definitely printing out the must dos. We have plenty of time as we're staying RPR and we got the 4 day 2 park combo special. Since we're there Sunday to Monday I'm hoping we can enjoy everything at a leisurely pace, my mom has to take it slow.

Big Thanks to @ruthies12 This is so helpful!

I do have a question, though. Would it be a bad idea to switch Escape to Gringotts to whenever we got back to Diagon Alley? I just feel like it is later in the books, so we should do it later? We will have Express Pass (and more than one day).

I do have a question, though. Would it be a bad idea to switch Escape to Gringotts to whenever we got back to Diagon Alley? I just feel like it is later in the books, so we should do it later? We will have Express Pass (and more than one day).

If you have EP and you want to follow the books, then you can go whenever. We have hit it late afternoon or early evening with EP and it was a 25ish min wait (during a busy time, stby was 120 mins).

You absolutely can do it later in the day, especially with EP it will be no problem.

Thanks so much for this thread! We're going in April--the last time we were there, my youngest was too short to ride Forbidden Journey. Now he's 12 and 5'8", I think we'll be okay! So much has been added since our last trip, I'm trying to read up on everything. I think we're doing 5 park days (one probably Volcano Bay), so it should be plenty of time to really appreciate all the HP features (and lots of other rides--you know, mix it up a bit).

This thread is so helpful! We're planning to do a one day trip 2 Fridays before Easter so spring break time but not THE weekend. Based on the feedback above, am I right in summarizing that if we DO have EP, the best bet would be to....

- On a USF EE day:
  • Start with Gringots through EP line
  • Ollivanders
  • DA and spells
  • Take HE (or even walk actually??) to IOA for park open
  • FJ through the regular queue due to it being neat to see the castle
  • do the other rides in WWHP at IOA
  • do a few other rides (3 maybe?) via EP at IOA to hit highlights
  • Back to USF via HE to hang out in DA more.
If we wanted to do a mid-day break, where would that best fit in if we would only likely last to 7:30 or so at night on the trip back over? If we have EP is it better to save it Gringots for when we head back to USF after IOA so that we maximize time to enjoy DA at the start?

I would try for Gringots on your EE day in the regular line
Go early as the line builds as the day goes by

Use the ep for a second time for Gringots before you switch parks

This thread is so helpful! We're planning to do a one day trip 2 Fridays before Easter so spring break time but not THE weekend. Based on the feedback above, am I right in summarizing that if we DO have EP, the best bet would be to....

- On a USF EE day:
  • Start with Gringots through EP line
  • Ollivanders
  • DA and spells
  • Take HE (or even walk actually??) to IOA for park open
  • FJ through the regular queue due to it being neat to see the castle
  • do the other rides in WWHP at IOA
  • do a few other rides (3 maybe?) via EP at IOA to hit highlights
  • Back to USF via HE to hang out in DA more.
If we wanted to do a mid-day break, where would that best fit in if we would only likely last to 7:30 or so at night on the trip back over? If we have EP is it better to save it Gringots for when we head back to USF after IOA so that we maximize time to enjoy DA at the start?

I think you'll be hard pressed to do the first 3 items in under an hour before IOA opens, even if doing Gringotts with EP. The first 2 will eat up most of that first hour - physically getting through the gates, walking up to DA, then say 5-10 minutes in the Queue, plus doing the attraction itself. Followed by a bit of a wait (albeit small) to get into Ollivanders for the "show", plus the show itself of the wand choosing the Wizard..... It'll leave you probably little to no time to actually explore DA and do spells.

I'd recommend the first two bullets, then line up for HE to get over to IOA for FJ (you probably don't want to walk all the way back to USF entrance, and then go through IOA main entrance only to walk way up to Hogsmeade). Then after that you can do some exploring in Hogsmeade and doing the spells there, followed by a few of the headliners in IOA (like Spiderman, Hulk, and Kong) then head back to HE to go back to Diagon for some exploration and spells there plus Gringotts again etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!