Wizard 101 NEW Meet and greet!

Okay, I just took a peek at the test realm and started the quest for Celestia. Did fine solo and then, for the Warehouse, teamed up with 3 other Grandmasters. We were blown away by the 4th round of the boss battle. This is not a cheat, this is a "make it impossible" deal. I can see cheating maybe once or twice in a battle but this boss cheated every round multiple times. Unless they fix this, I don't see anyone making it to Celestia.

Okay, I just took a peek at the test realm and started the quest for Celestia. Did fine solo and then, for the Warehouse, teamed up with 3 other Grandmasters. We were blown away by the 4th round of the boss battle. This is not a cheat, this is a "make it impossible" deal. I can see cheating maybe once or twice in a battle but this boss cheated every round multiple times. Unless they fix this, I don't see anyone making it to Celestia.

I've been reading the hints from people on the Wizard 101 central site. They are saying use plenty of storm shields and fire shields, and not to hit or kill the boss first. Kill the minions before you attempt him. Also do not trap him, just use blades. He throws out the fire meter spell AND the storm lord spell.

And, I do agree, just using this warehouse to move to the new land will be a pain. lol Just trying to kill those four monsters in the Crucible was bad enough by myself. My sister had to port in to help. But, I have since loaded a special deck for that battle and have won it once. I'm afraid they may not let anyone else port in for it, and I already know you can't port in for the warehouse! lol

Kim

i just got through the warehouse this weekend, after about a dozen tries. the cheats the bosses do in there are terrable, it was bad enough with the first boss crying like a baby *help me * taking OUR Turns and his little minion pulling out storm lord with no pips .then we get to the last boss he's even worse. when our life wizard {you need one in there} tried to heal us we'd hear *We can heal to* and the one minion would use rebirth on them, so we'd have to do it over until we finally killed off his minions, and what does the boss do, hits us with scarecrow every other round. But he did die a painful death and we got the broken spiral key..

i've seen where alot of ppl like this tower the way it is, i'm Not one of them, i don't mind a tough battle, just take the cheats away from the bosses and it will be fine

I saw those hints too. Looks like a Death Wizard using beguile is also very useful. Well, I'm a grandmaster Life so when the game goes live, I'll be glad to help out. Looks like we'll need several party sessions to help each other through like we did for Big Ben and Malistaire. House is built, I'm moved in, so should be around more. Any word on when this goes live? In the past test realm has lasted only a couple of weeks. See you all later!

I don't mind the bosses cheating occasionally but not every round and at such magnitude. If they can do that, I think we should be allowed to call for help too and have one of the teachers come help us.

Hmm, I hadn't heard they were throwing out scarecrows too. Sounds like everyone needs major shields, and one person to just throw out those. Good grief! lol
I like Bevgray's idea though, I'm all for calling a professor or two. rofl!:rotfl:

Kim

Don't know if everyone has seen the July update notes concerning the preview quests:
Note: Due to community feedback, these preview quests will not be required to gain entry to the new world of Celestia when it is released.

Oh good! Thanks for the update Aliceblue. That means we can just do the quest for "fun and goodies".

For those who may not have played in a few days, the test realm changes have taken effect on the live realm now.

I got to go through the MB tower finally last night, but we didn't make it. We had a heads up on the last room, but we kept being hampered by a two fellows that kept running into battle while I was still loading the room or my deck. Do keep in mind ALL players should run into battle together for everyone to have a turn! ;)lol But, we did come close, we had killed the rats and were working on the cat, I had just not had enough time to pip up unfortunately. Oh well...gives me a chance to repeat. At least there are not as many rooms in this tower as in Briskbreeze. :)

Kim

Notes:

1. Kill the rats (death guys first). Do NOT use any all around spells, kill each monster individually.
2. Try not to heal before killing the cat if at all possible. The other side can and will heal too. However, if you haven't touched the cat or boss yet, it really doesn't do them any good. lol
2. Kill the cat next. Watch though, they love to throw out that top balance spell, going after all of the players.
4. Then kill the boss. Take any tower shields and myth shields in you have with you. (And, do take out all of your all around spells, don't accidentally leave them in the deck like I did. lol They take up too much room in the deck)

Good tips, thanks. Does everyone want to set a time to try to do this? Weekends are better for me but I could try to be available to help (and get through myself). Life Grandmaster. I'm going to try to finish the earlier phases to be ready for the warehouse. Have a happy week all.

Good tips, thanks. Does everyone want to set a time to try to do this? Weekends are better for me but I could try to be available to help (and get through myself). Life Grandmaster. I'm going to try to finish the earlier phases to be ready for the warehouse. Have a happy week all.

Next weekend should be much better for me than this one... I will be watching this thread. I'd love to do it with an all-DIS team! :grouphug:

I already know next Saturday night won't be good for me (feel free to go on anyway. lol) Friday would be better for me if we do set something up. My sister and I were Myth and Ice the other night, with the two other guys the same, myth and ice. I didn't know the last boss was myth or I would have put other spells in my deck. I basically loaded up on health, shields and blades on my regular deck and used boosted cards in my yellow deck for hits. I will load some non myth cards next time and make absolutely sure I have no all around cards in next time! lol

Next Friday works for me. I should also be available Saturday if we have more folks wanting to make the run.

Anybody doing the warehouse this weekend?

I am currently in the game as Gilroy. I should also be able to do it tomorrow night.

I will be on at about 7:30 eastern. Ready for the Warehouse.

I just need to have dinner first.

I'll meet you there. I'm already for the warehouse and am getting ready for dinner too. Have a great meal and I'll see you in a bit.

I'll meet you there. I'm already for the warehouse and am getting ready for dinner too. Have a great meal and I'll see you in a bit.

I am sorry, there is too much lag for me tonight. I even had problems getting back in the game :sad1:

I hope we can do this later with an all DIS forsome.

I could see you were having trouble as you kept fading out. Not a problem, the warehouse will be there. I hope we can get a DIS group together too. I'll be available next weekend, possibly sometime during the week although weekends are better.

This weekend, I will be available to do the Warehouse only on Friday night. Any time between 8 and 10PM eastern should be ok for me.

I haven't done it yet. Anyone interested, please post here.

I think I will be available tomorrow night, probably about 8:00 central time. :) As long as we don't stay out too long. Maybe I can make my hubby stay up late to go retrieve our son from a concert. lol
Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter