Withdrawing Money

disneydavey

Mouseketeer
from cash points in paris, anyone know if you get charged/pay commission/get a bad exchange rate if you use the machines?

my girlfriend gets paid on the day we go and has got some money already today but wants to charge to her card in case we go shopping elsewhere

anyone any ideas?

I've always been told that you get a better rate when you use credit cards/ATM machines. I know that's what I always do. But, I could be wrong.

Hope this helps!

Your gf will be charged if she has to use the atm to draw money, how much exactly i'm not sure it will be a percentage of the total amount. She could contact her bank who will know what the charge is.

Even if she uses a crdit card it is likely to carry a charge each time it is used but the exchange rate is usually quite good. There is only a couple of credit cards which do not charge you for using them abroad.

Hope this helps.

had a feeling we would get charged for the withdrawal, but would you really get a better exchange rate here, or in DLP or the airport?

I don't know for sure, but I think you'd get a better exchange rate at DLP. I have a feeling it will be high at the airport.

Where are you staying in DLP? If possible, maybe you can try an ATM not actually on Disney propert?

In Paris (the city, not DLP), it's about 1-2 euro to withdraw cash from an ATM. It was never more than that.

staying in the newport bay, going next wednesday cant wit, i rung the airport and travelex was 5pence less than the websites rate:(

ill sort something out anyway

cheers all

If your going to get some money before you go, i would recommend using the Post office. I used them during the summer & they were commision free with the best exchange rate too.

I forgot about them, they had a really good $ rate when i went this year.

When we went to WDW, Marks and Spencer had the best $ rate.

Nationwide do not charge commission to use their cards abroad. We got their Visa cards to go to WDW and they had given a really good exchange rate when the bills came through. So if you use their cards to buy goods, meals etc, there will be no commission charge........BUT...... I believe that if you use them in an ATM or bank for a cash advance there is a charge then, sorry don't know how much.

Elaine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter