With WDW pricing changes . . . any rumors about DLR tickets going up?

sgrap

DIS Veteran
I need to purchase our tickets for November. I know the WDW pricing change is coming up on the 16th. Any rumors on DLR ticket prices going up? I've been holding off because there is a slim chance our active duty son might come, which of course would mean an awesome deal on military tickets (and most importantly getting to see our son!), but I don't want to wait too long and chance a price increase. Thanks!

They usually increase in February.

There's not exactly a usually. Most recently February has been the month for ticket price increases, but I remember back when it was always expected in August. Ticket prices went up in February of this year (2018) and February 2017. I can't remember 2016. In 2015 there was a February and October increase. Many, including me, were expecting a second price increase this year.

OP, I have been wondering the same thing ever since I read the WDW news, but I haven't heard or seen even a whisper of a rumor yet. I'm frankly still expecting price increases before spring and it seems to me they could happen at any time starting right now, but perhaps Disneyland is putting their focus first on the restructuring of block-out dates for annual passes and waiting to roll out more price increases and/or possible other ticketing, MaxPass, and annual pass changes later. I've been trying to decide if now is the time to buy tickets and passes too, or if I should take my chances and wait.

Last edited:

I've been worrying about the same thing, so I re-bought our APs (I'd let them lapse in August, since there is now no renewal discount) to start again at our November trip. I kept thinking I would be kicking myself if the prices of the DLR APs went up this month before I could do so. I'm about to renew DH's AP early (his doesn't expire until the beginning of November) to ward against the possibility of an October price increase, too.

I think? it's unusual to have an increase in one resort but not the other. If I knew I was going, I'd try hard to buy them before the big change in WDW since you never know what surprises might be in store at DLR.

I was thinking the same thing, sgrap! I've been looking around on different rumor sites and haven't seen anything credible, though, just lots of people wondering if it's going to happen. I can't believe they wouldn't take the opportunity to raise the prices one more time before the Star Wars land opens!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter