Wishes Cruise to watch the Fireworks

knoxt

It Whispers... So Listen
Can anyone report on this? I am curious on how it rates against the Illuminations cruise!!!

:confused:

We did the cruise the last night of Fantasy in the Sky fireworks and have also done Illuminations. They are different in the sense that with Illuminations you're right there in the middle of everything so the music is loud, the fireworks are loud (very smoky too), but it's great as long as you don't mind that. My DD was 2 at the time and held her ears the whole time.

The MK cruise is more sedate. There's a little more sightseeing to do on this one. Both cruises take you for a 20-30 minute ride before stopping for the fireworks. With the MK cruise, you can't hear the music (well, you can a little). I remember our driver saying that with all the technology that WDW has, you think they'd pipe the music into the boats.

They are both a lot of fun. It just depends on if you're looking for a loud in-your-face kind of fun or a more laid-back kind of fun.

We just got back today from WDW. Had a GREAT time! We did the Wishes cruise on Thursday night (3/4). As Melanie18 said, you take a 20-30 minute ride/tour before the fireworks start. We were in a pontoon boat and our driver said they were trying to "play around a little" to get the sound from Wishes piped in. She was able to get us up right next to another boat that had the sound and we were able to hear the whole show. We actually saw Wishes three times last week; once from MK Main Street, once from O'hana, and then finally from the cruise. While being in the park is great, you really don't get the full effect unless you are further back from the fireworks. I'm glad we took the cruise; we really had fun!

quick question for anyone who has done the Wishes cruise...we have one booked for our vacation and are really looking forward to it! I forgot to ask when we booked if the $120 price included tax or not. I know it doesn't include gratuity but does it include tax? if not, would anyone mind letting me know what the total was? We are sharing the cruise with a couple other DISers and I was just curious what to expect the total to be.

THANKS! :)

The price includes tax. We loved the Wishes cruise! We are doing it again in April. I liked it more than the Illuminations tour because your view are unobstructed. Hopefully they will outfit each of the boats with music soon! I actually preferred seeing wishes from the boat, because you can see everything (except a close up view of Tink). I can't wait until April!!!!

Where do you get on the boat at?:confused: Do you board at Boardwalk like the Illuminations cruise?

HI Lollipopmom.

Can´t wait to share the boat with you and your family and other Disers in April.

lots of greetings from germany
Conny264:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Poohbear 123 -

We boarded the boat from the WL marina. I think you can also board from the Contemporary.

We have a Fireworks Cruise booked for May. What is the usual gratuity for something like this? $25? Thanks!

Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter