Wish me luck. Hip surgery (#3) tomorrow

Klayfish

DIS Veteran
All set for my third hip surgery, same hip, in the past six years...and second in two years. Getting up long before crack of dawn tomorrow to be at the surgery facility super early. Since I've been through this rodeo before, I know what to expect, but doesn't make it any more fun. This one is a bit more invasive, including labrum replacement and other grafts. I'll be on crutches for likely 6 weeks (potential for just 4, but unlikely), followed by using a cane until I can walk without a limp. Hoping that's only a few weeks after I'm off crutches. Goal with surgery is to reduce pain levels greatly and "buy" another 7-10 years before I do a full replacement. I'm a bit young to do a replacement now, as it comes with its' own set of challenges we decided weren't right for me yet, so one more attempt at repair.

Honestly, it's not the surgery that concerns me most. It's being a burden on my family. I don't want to make them do all kinds of extra work or have extra stress, especially DW. That's what gives me the most worry. However, I also know that if I try to do too much, that worries her, so I'm smart to try to find the right balance of letting my family help me yet still do things for myself.

Break a leg!! Er, I mean, good luck!! 🍀

I’m sure your family doesn’t mind, they just want you better. Praying for a successful surgery and uneventful recovery .:flower3:

Hope all goes very smoothly for you and you have a great recovery.

As a wife I can tell you I'd rather be stretched and inconvenienced like crazy while you're recuperating than have to go through the hassle, watch you recuperate and come out of it with a less optimal outcome because you tried to do too much. Do your part for her by following the instructions to the letter.

Hope all goes very smoothly for you and you have a great recovery.

As a wife I can tell you I'd rather be stretched and inconvenienced like crazy while you're recuperating than have to go through the hassle, watch you recuperate and come out of it with a less optimal outcome because you tried to do too much. Do your part for her by following the instructions to the letter.

I can't hit the like button enough on this comment. This is exactly what I know I need to do...and what is mentally challenging. If I see the laundry needs to be done, or the trash needs to go out, or we have to prepare dinner for the kids, I want to help. I feel lazy just sitting there watching. I have to remind myself of what the smart thing to do is. Plus my kids are now old enough that I will expect them to chip in and help DW.

Best of luck and hope for a speedy recovery, but don't do too much too soon or you'll make the point of the surgery moot. Your family is there to help and support you, let them! Take your time and heal up right!

Sending you good vibes that the surgery goes well and a speedy recovery.

You'll be back to Disney before you know it!!

I'll tell you what DH told me after my last three ankle surgeries: "Your job is to sit still and heal!"

And my DM's advice: "Turn the lights down, you won't notice the dust as much".

Good luck!

Happy healing!

Terri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter