• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WISH Check-In Week Of 11-4

Jiminy102

<font color=blue>The TF is busy trying to tag peop
Ok WISHers It is getting colder and Halloween is behind us. How did everyone do this week?? Well it looks like I lost a 1/2 pound but I will take it!! Hopefully I can stick to this new plan and all will flow right along!! Right!! ANyway I hope everyone stayed out of the Hallowwen candy and had a great a Week!!

Welcome to all the new WIShers!!

Remember to move and to drink your water!!!

Happy WISHing
Holy

I'm down 25 pounds since 6/17/02 -- low carb style! BUT FRUSTRATED that I'm still in the same size clothing and they don't even seem any looser!:rolleyes:

Hopefully the next 10 or so will make the difference!

247 start
222 current
139 goal
5'2''

I didn't go to WW this week, because I went to see the President speak in Atlanta instead. It was really neat! But anyway, I FINALLY started exercising last week. I walk 2 miles per night on my treadmill. I watch TV shows to pass the time, and I really enjoy it. It's very inspiring to watch the burned calorie count go up. I'm looking forward to weighing in this week to see how I did. I have made some weight loss decisions this past week. So here they are for y'all to keep me accountable:

--Walk on treadmill 2 miles per day 5 days of the week

--Start journaling (it's been forever since I've done this even though I know it works)

--Keep a positive outlook even after bad weeks

I have also made an interim goal until I get closer to my goal weight, and I have mapped out a weight loss plan that I think is pretty realistic if I stick to it. I am going to try my hardest to lose 5 pounds by DIS CON (29 days from now). That's my first interim goal, so wish me luck! :)

Good luck everyone!

Elisabeth

I started WW about a month ago. I did it for 2 weeks and lost 5 lbs.

I was off it for 2 weeks. I didn't eat like crazy just didn't do the plan.

I started again 11/1 and luckily I was still at 143! I want to lose 8 lbs by Christmas. Last Christmas I weighed 160#--my heaviest ever:(

Good luck to everyone!

I am down 15 lbs in 1/2 months. i am doing a life style change. I am using WW or the Diabetic diet ( they are very close). I have been walking and some exercises to tone my legs. I figure I will indulge a bit during the Holidays but I have learned to control the amount. Good Luck everyone and remember that you can always start with the next meal.:D

i am doing a life style change

and remember that you can always start with the next meal.

Missymouse!!! :earseek:....beauty and brains teu?!?!?!? ;)

yer right on both counts! :)...it takes a "lifestyle change" and a realization that each time we decide to put sumthing in our mouths...we have controll...to make the difference....:):):):):)

Congratulations to all of you!

And ead79, we're going to be checking up on you about your goals! ;)

As for me, I somehow gained 2 pounds in the last couple of weeks, though I shouldn't be surprised since I "slipped" off my program a few days. (And Halloween didn't help, with everyone bringing their extra candy into the office!)

However, I'm going to get back on track, I'm going to lose weight before the Holidays get here!

Thanks, LuvTigger! I need the encouragement! :)

I've decided not to weigh in every week since my weight lose is SO SLOW now! I've lost a total of 35lbs with 20lbs more to go. I did have a good week last week:

*no halloween candy even though it is just killing me to see all those peanut butter cups in the kids baskets

*rode my bike almost every day and started working out with weights to tone my arms

*still sticking with Atkins and feeling GREAT!

Hang in there everyone!

Debbie (and others doing low-carb, higher-protein),

Just wanted to say that sometimes even though you're not losing weight, it's because you're gaining muscle (which weighs more), which might explain the slow weight loss.

I have a doctor friend (who is on the same program I'm on) who has a theory that many of us are protein starved, which I believe is true, esp. in Hawaii where everything has macaroni salad and rice served with it, or noodles! Anyway, hopefully the protein is storing as muscle on our bodies.

I know people who have hardly lost any weight, but they have lost inches and their clothes fit better.

Good luck to everyone!

LuvTigger - I think that is true! When I started Atkins my hair and nails were so dry and brittle. I could see a line in my nails as they grew out and now they are so much stronger. They never break or peel anymore.

Ive lost another 3lbs this week which i think was all due to stress but it does mean that my total weight loss since 1st Oct is 14lb's (1 stone) :bounce:

Emma

A dream is a W.I.S.H. your heart makes and I'm going to put my heart into this. I'm so happy to find some fellow DIS"s to get inspiration from.

Congradulations to all of you on your losses. I'm only three days into it, I'm counting on coming back to you all with good news in a week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter