• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WISH Away The Pounds - Awesome August Challenge - Everyone Welcome

We all seem to be having trouble with August!!!!

Having said that, I went to weigh-in tonight as I missed class on Monday, and I am another 1.5lb down, bringing my total lost this year to 64lb......and for those of you who understand the UK weighing system (Think that's only Floss!!!) I won my 4.5 stones award!!!

Somehow I didn't see this yesterday.....

:banana:WOOOOOHOOOO!! That is AMAZING!!!:woohoo: We are so proud of you!! Keep going!!! Don't you feel GREAT??!! BRAVO!!:dance3: ...........P

Hellen, I am so impressed!! 4 and a half stone is amazing!!

Pam, I am going to check out the meal planning thread, it sounds interesting. I know I NEED to plan more. But since it is only me I am planning for, it is far too easy to just decided spontaneously...

I had a bad August - and I was so motivated at the beginning. I don't really know what to blame for it... I know what I am doing wrong, but can't make myself making the right choices. I also am slacking in my training for my 10 K at the beginning of October...

It is all a mental thing - and I don't know how to change it.

One step I have decided on is that I need to try to bring lunches to work instead of going out to lunch with colleagues. As much as I enjoy the company, this is one of my downfalls. I am also afraid that it is so much more difficult to count the points if I can't weigh my food before I eat it.

Unfortunately I figured out that the only way to lose weight is to stick to my 26 points per day, not eat any activity points and not eat my weekly extras. And I find it very difficult to not struggle with that little food. And while I eat a lot of vegetables and some fruit. I don't feel full from them mentally, only physically.

For any of you who might like to try and mix it up a bit, the weight loss club that I go to does an online 7 day menu that you might be able to adapt to US food.......

http://www.slimmingworld.com/healthy-eating/non-vegetarian-menu.aspx

There's a vegetarian option too on the same page. You don't need to be a member to see it. Might be something in there a little different for you.....where they refer to FryLight your equivalent is PAM spray or similar.

Might be some ideas for you Floss, being of European origin!!!!

(In an effort to get some chatter going here again, I will start by rambling about my day! :lmao:)

So what's for lunch today you ask??? Well it is a "made up" concoction with the sole purpose of cleaning stuff out of the fridge! :laughing: Haven't tasted it yet, but I'll let you know how it comes out.

I am sauteeing up a bag of broccoli slaw with a red bell pepper and a green pepper (all of which needed to be used asap). I am combining that with 1/2 C of black beans (cooked up a batch but I had more beans than I had freezer containers), half a can of bean sprouts (leftover from beef and broccoli stir-fry on Monday) and topping it with some asian seafood sauce that has been languishing on the condiment shelf. It might be delightful, it might be dreadful! I know that the veggies and beans would be fine, but I'm not sure how the sauce will be with it all.

What did you have for lunch???? ........................P

I had a tin of vegetarian ravioli......it was quite nice actually, I was surprised!!! Only had 15 minutes at lunchtime today to grab something.

For dinner we had mexican chicken with rice, followed by fat free greek yoghurt with strawberries...yum.

It's 7:15pm here now, so just going to sort out my running gear for my 5K in the morning. Haven't done any running at all for 2 weeks, so certainly not expecting a personal best tomorrow!!!!

Hello all! I was doing so good checking in here, then I realized that I was super busy with the first week of school and DSs. I will have more time to check in this weekend. I did find a few minutes this morning before my 1st period class to make a full menu for 4 days. I figured I would try smaller than a 7 day plan. So, I know what I am eating for every meal and snack for the next 4 days, and even ran to Aldi's after work to get all the produce and a few other things like canned beans and brown rice. I feel like I am actually getting organized at work, so I can get more organized at home. And, for those that have heard me say it, I LOVE lists!! I have quite a few going right now :rotfl2:

Now that I've checked in, I have to run :( I have some things to get done around the house before we walk to the high school football game. DS10 is really excited to go hang out with his friends. DS7 is not so excited but is going because he can't stay home alone :rotfl: Off to do a load of laundry, make dinner for the kids, and clean up the bathroom before we head out. Have a great Friday night and I will check in tomorrow :)

Jill

Hope the scale was kind to everyone this week.... I hope you got what you deserved!! I was down just about a pound, so that was great. Another few ounces and I can stop worrying about getting fired!
Can I ask what kind of job has a weight requirement????

WW leader I think??? Years ago there also used to be a weight requirement for airline cabin crew, but I don't think there is for that any more.

Spectacular September thread is open for business here http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=49433439#post49433439 for those of you who want to tag along.

Please PM me your start weight and goal for the month, and also feel free to add your MFP name if you so wish.

Thank you for hosting! I'll be PMing you my starting weight tomorrow.

pjlla works for weight watchers (I believe) as a group leader.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello again. I'm here for a quick check in before September smacks me in the face tomorrow! I am totally not ready for September! August was great for exercise, but terrible for eating for me. I'm hoping September is much, much better.

I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend and avoids any binges on calorie ridden foods :)

On a side note, I have never seen this smilie before~:listen: Is it new, or have I just really never noticed it? And, why can't the smilies just stay in place and stop moving every time I am here!

Have a great night!

Jill

On a side note, I have never seen this smilie before~:listen: Is it new, or have I just really never noticed it? And, why can't the smilies just stay in place and stop moving every time I am here!

Have a great night!

Jill

Yes, it has been there before!! I am not a huge fan of the moving smilies either. I once tied to learn their "text code" for the ones I use the most, but then kept forgetting what these codes were. So now I am using far less smilies than I used to. Besides this one :goodvibes Its my favourite!

Yes, it has been there before!! I am not a huge fan of the moving smilies either. I once tied to learn their "text code" for the ones I use the most, but then kept forgetting what these codes were. So now I am using far less smilies than I used to. Besides this one :goodvibes Its my favourite!

Apparently this was the first time it was toward the top of the smilies "box" so I noticed it. I wish the ones I use the most would stay at the top!

Wow I missed the end of this month! Last minute things planned and I'm not complaining! Two days of canning with my mom, piggy-backed with two days of music festival at our old home town and Mumford and Sons concert!

I did manage to lose about half my goal this month, which is something. This group kept me motivated to exercise so I'll see you in sept!

Thanks for all the lovely compliments on our family pic!

Hi everyone

I have been super busy and not had time to update the end of the month yet...will be updating everything tomorrow evening as I already have dinner sorted and nothing else at all to claim my time!

Just checking in to say good-bye to August! Sorry I was SO absent most of the month, but my life schedule is definitely settling down now, so I can see more DIS time in my future!

Off to claim my seat for September!................P

I am a WW leader and all WW employees must weigh-in once a month and be within 2 pounds of goal.

Hello all! I was doing so good checking in here, then I realized that I was super busy with the first week of school and DSs. I will have more time to check in this weekend. I did find a few minutes this morning before my 1st period class to make a full menu for 4 days. I figured I would try smaller than a 7 day plan. So, I know what I am eating for every meal and snack for the next 4 days, and even ran to Aldi's after work to get all the produce and a few other things like canned beans and brown rice. I feel like I am actually getting organized at work, so I can get more organized at home. And, for those that have heard me say it, I LOVE lists!! I have quite a few going right now :rotfl2:

Now that I've checked in, I have to run :( I have some things to get done around the house before we walk to the high school football game. DS10 is really excited to go hang out with his friends. DS7 is not so excited but is going because he can't stay home alone :rotfl: Off to do a load of laundry, make dinner for the kids, and clean up the bathroom before we head out. Have a great Friday night and I will check in tomorrow :)

Jill

YEAH on lists! I love me a good list too!! Got a "mental list" going for today, but I know I will feel better if I write it down. Good job on getting the meals planned. I am without an oven/stove right now so I had to plan meals for this week that are either strictly for the grill or the crockpot. Tonight is beef stew... a little early in the season for stew, but hey, gotta go with what works!

(In an effort to get some chatter going here again, I will start by rambling about my day! :lmao:)

So what's for lunch today you ask??? Well it is a "made up" concoction with the sole purpose of cleaning stuff out of the fridge! :laughing: Haven't tasted it yet, but I'll let you know how it comes out.

I am sauteeing up a bag of broccoli slaw with a red bell pepper and a green pepper (all of which needed to be used asap). I am combining that with 1/2 C of black beans (cooked up a batch but I had more beans than I had freezer containers), half a can of bean sprouts (leftover from beef and broccoli stir-fry on Monday) and topping it with some asian seafood sauce that has been languishing on the condiment shelf. It might be delightful, it might be dreadful! I know that the veggies and beans would be fine, but I'm not sure how the sauce will be with it all.

What did you have for lunch???? ........................P

I never came back to tell you how delightful that lunch was!! I actually only used the sauce on half of the mixture because I didn't want to waste it all if I didn't like it, but I used the sauce again when I finished up the batch the next day. Usually I like salsa or tomatoes on my black beans and veggies, but this was a nice change.... it was kind of spicy and salty. I would definitely have it again. I would have taken a photo of it, but it wasn't exactly beautiful.:rotfl:

I had a tin of vegetarian ravioli......it was quite nice actually, I was surprised!!! Only had 15 minutes at lunchtime today to grab something.

For dinner we had mexican chicken with rice, followed by fat free greek yoghurt with strawberries...yum.

It's 7:15pm here now, so just going to sort out my running gear for my 5K in the morning. Haven't done any running at all for 2 weeks, so certainly not expecting a personal best tomorrow!!!!

Hope the run went well. I keep a few canned items here for emergency lunches as well... usually lentil soup or something like that. Quick enough to throw into my bag along with a mug and a spoon on those "running late for school/work" days!

I am now officially done with August~...................P

All colours in post #3 are updated. Congratulations to Desiree for reaching the hallowed DIS Green!!! Also congrats to sugarnspicex4 for making red.

No matter how much or how little you lost in August, you are all stars for taking part...see you over in September!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter