~WISH Away The Pounds~ AMAZING APRIL 2014 Challenge! *All Welcome!*

Jules, thanks for your encouraging reply!!

Lisa, you are right, it is not all about a number! Hopefully gaining some muscle has helped my metabolism and that will help not gaining too much on the cruise!! :teacher::lmao:

Everyone: Have a fantastically shrinking May! I will see you in four weeks!!!

6 pounds is ok, guess I will take it
That's great. :thumbsup2 I would gladly take 6 pounds!

I am doing a 5 mile race this morning. This is the fifth time I've done this race so I hope that is good mojo for a PR. :cool2:
:cheer2: Hope the race went well!

Dona, thanks for hosting next month.

Buffy, you got this!

Well, this hasn't been a banner month for me. :sad2: Lost one pound, but it's better than a gain! :lmao: Today I decided that when I come home after subbing I will do my yoga video instead of plopping on the couch for half an hour before it's time to get DH.

I don't work tomorrow and am so incredibly excited! I get to have coffee (hot cocoa for me) with my early bird walking group. Then I'm going to walk with my regular girlfriends walking group. Then I'm going to come home and ice my foot because technically I'm not supposed to walk--stupid plantar fasciitis. :headache: Then after I eat I'm going to take an aquafitness class since I'm skipping swimming to socialize! I'll be home by 10 and have the whole day open! :cloud9:

qotds: well, I don't have any cute clothes. food: Indian exercise: walk (except I can't right now), volunteer: used to be school/Sunday school, now, nothing so much, environmenal: recycle and now that the city collects food scraps, composting

Morning all! For some reason the internet is down here in my classroom, so no chatting for now, but here is your QOTD !!
QOTD for Monday, April 28, 2014:

How do you motivate yourself to exercise when you have NO motivation? How do you remind yourself to stay OP when there are unhealthy/off-plan foods around? In other words, how do you do the "right thing" when it is so easy to do the "wrong" thing?

How do you motivate yourself to exercise when you have NO motivation? How do you remind yourself to stay OP when there are unhealthy/off-plan foods around? In other words, how do you do the "right thing" when it is so easy to do the "wrong" thing?

I remind myself that swimsuit season is just around the corner!

Just so everyone can relax a bit, I will take care of hostessing for May and while I don't mind the daily coaching, any help I can get with it will be appreciated!

Just like our motto is NEVER GIVE UP, I am not ready to give up our active threads! If you don't want to weigh-in or have a goal, that is just fine! Feel free to just hang around and chat!

Anyhow, if anyone has any new ideas for going forward, let me know and we could definitely employ some new tactics for May to keep things moving here!

I finally have some internet here at school, but I must go give a math lesson. I'll be back on my lunch break to chat a bit!.............P

Just so everyone can relax a bit, I will take care of hostessing for May and while I don't mind the daily coaching, any help I can get with it will be appreciated!

Just like our motto is NEVER GIVE UP, I am not ready to give up our active threads! If you don't want to weigh-in or have a goal, that is just fine! Feel free to just hang around and chat!

Anyhow, if anyone has any new ideas for going forward, let me know and we could definitely employ some new tactics for May to keep things moving here!

I finally have some internet here at school, but I must go give a math lesson. I'll be back on my lunch break to chat a bit!.............P

Thank you! I was just thinking this morning how I plan to double down in May after an especially crazy April. The schedule may not be getting any lighter, but I have to look beyond that and learn to live with the busy and still be healthy...these threads are so helpful to me in that regard!

XO
Liz

Okay.... I was half done with my POWER POST (I only have a few minutes) and it went POOF! :headache: :mad: I'll be back later when the kiddos go to computer to catch up and chat....................P

HI Ladies - happy Monday - seems like everyone's lives are calming down just a bit but I'm sure with summer around the corner it'll ramp back up..

I had a great week back on Atkins Induction .. Lost 8.3 .. I know that is mostly water - which I am ok with.. I do not look like I am 6 months preggie.. just chubby around the middle! No longer eating Tums like they are going out of style.. and not really craving anything.. I hope this continues into week 2.

I have a plan :
Breakfasts this week will be cream cheese pancakes with sausage or eggs with sausage cheese and 1T of onion.
Lunches this week will be 4 days of tossed salad and 2T of dressing with only 2 carb (Ken's light Italian or Red Wine and vinegar) with 4 oz of grilled chicken or grilled pork and sugar free Jello for dessert and 1 piece of Russell Stover SF chocolate. then on Friday I'll have an Atkins meal .. I think it's the beef merlot one in the freezer with a few celery sticks and the chocolate..
Dinners are Baked Fish, Grilled Chicken, Baked Parm Chicken, Baked Parm Pork Chops and Steak with veggies such as roasted baby brussel, mashed cauliflower, steamed broccoli, sauteed green beans and sauteed zucchini ..

I have a stash of Atkins bars shakes and snacks if needed

Keep up the great work and I'll see you all on the May Thread... Thanks P for hosting :) both months!

Okay... .trying here again!

QOTD for Friday, April 25, 2014:
IT'S FUN FRIDAY!!

What is your favorite "I feel AMAZING in this!" outfit? Is it.... Casual? Dressy? How often do you get to wear it? Got a photo to share???

One of my favorite outfits would be my best fitting GAP jeans, a nice fitted Mickey t-shirt/top and a pair of comfy flats! This is definitely my "go to" outfit for weekends and days out! For something dressier, I have a few wrap style dresses that have a built-in shaper and I feel great in those.... toss on some jewelry and maybe a jacket or sweater and it is an EASY no-iron dressy outfit for work or church! No photo right now.

BONUS QOTD:

Fill in the blank.......

When I think about Disney I feel a combination of happy and sad. Great happy memories, but sad that we can't go more often and that there is no trip planned right now.

My best day EVER at a Disney park would include special time with EACH of my kiddos riding our favorite rides and meeting TONS of characters.... especially some of the more rare ones.... I LOVE character encounters!

Another person running through and waving! :wave2: Like many of us April has been a tough month but I am ready to be a more active participant when the May challenge rolls around. ::yes::

Can't wait to see you around more! Your chatter, "never-give-up" spirit, and encouragement has been missed!

Stay strong and keep up the good work! I am reading along and cheering you all on!

I only have time for a HELLO and a WI check-in. I love today's QOTD but I seriously don't have time right now

the WI went good!!! YAY!!! I think my steroid wean I suffered through last week has flushed out the 5-6 lbs of fluid I was holding onto!

WOOHOO on a flush!!

Hi guys,

I'm so sorry that I haven't been on the boards in a couple of weeks. My brother passed away very unexpectedly in the same week that mother, who is the breadwinner of the family, lost her job, also very unexpectedly and it has been very hard on the whole family.

You guys have been supportive of me at my lowest and I'm so sorry that I forgot about coaching, and I'm sorry to say that I am not going to be able to host next month. I've been spending every moment with family that I can and if it wasn't for Lisa reminding me about May (which I genuinely appreciate) I wouldn't have even remembered to come back on here.

I'll try to get back on here later this year when things are more settled, and I hope everyone is having a wonderful spring.

All my best,

Stacey

Oh sweetie, I am SO very sorry to hear all of this. Please be in touch if there is ANYTHING that I/we can do. Of course, I will keep you and your entire family in my prayers. You will be missed, but we understand the need for some time right now. Please jump back in whenever you are ready. And remember to take care of YOURSELF right now so that you are strong and healthy to take care of others. :hug:

Sorry i havent been keeping up with my wieght in check. Glad to report I lost 2 pounds. So happy that my efforts are not going to waste.

Not wasted at all! Many of us would be delighted with a 2 pound loss right now!

I lost track of the whole PMing thing a while back and the month is just about over, so I am not going to bother attempting to figure out where I posted last. Anyway, I actually lost something this morning. So I have lost 1.6 for the MONTH and it is nearly over. :sad2::rolleyes: May will be tough since we are vacationing half of it, but que sera sera

That's okay...... just be ready to jump into May soon! Congrats on the 1.6!

It is worth it for sure -- just harder to remember sometimes! ;)

AMEN!!

I know that you will have a blast on your vacation and if you can manage a maintain for vacation that would be a big win in my book! :thumbsup2

Agreed!!

Does anyone want to hostess the May thread? It may be time for us to think about going to the lighter chat format? I am going to be gone half the month so can't step up. Sorry! :flower3:

I mentioned that I could definitely do it, but I see Dona has also offered. I'll PM her later and we will figure it out!

--

Speaking about May - I am away for most of the month, so can't take on coaching. But I will be back for June and am all set to coach then! Just in case anyone wonders why I am not active in May... I will be on vacation for four glorious weeks!

Well, pretty obvious you aren't American! NO ONE gets/takes 4 weeks vacation in a row in this country much (except school teachers...;) ).

Sorry that I haven't been around much. Trip preparation kind of took over. That included trying to get fit and in shape for the trip. Unfortunately despite strong efforts that did not work out as well as I hoped. While I completed six weeks of Body Revolutions and felt like I was working my butt off, the fat did not melt. Remember how I ditched the scale three weeks ago. Well, I started stepping on it again on Thursday - when it showed me being 3.5 pounds down since starting the program (that's six weeks) and then today it had me up 2.5 pounds from Thursday, so that would be a loss of one pound in six weeks when I not only kept working out (and tried to keep up my other activity as well) and was keeping very well within my points with WW ( I think I missed tracking about 6 days out of 6 weeks and those weren't over the top splurge days either). ARGGGG!!! This is so frustrating. And it kind of seems to confirm that while exercise reshapes my body, if I want to lose fat I can only do it when I don't exercise. I just don't get it!!! And now, I don't think I built up muscle to the extent that this is the reason for not having lost much. I might have gained half a pound in muscle and that would be much.

Anyway - the only thing that kind of comforts me is that at least I did everything that I could do. I really enjoyed working out, it made me feel strong.

But I am scared of my vacation. I was looking forward to indulge a bit. Now I feel really scared that after 4 weeks of vacation (and two weeks of that on a cruise ship) will have me at my highest weight of the decade afterwards. If I don't loose eating a number of points for weight loss and working out - what will happen if I eat "normally"??? For me part of vacation is enjoying good food. Well, I have packed my running shoes and my running clothes and I intend to go for regular runs. Maybe that will at least reduce the damage that is going to happen.

Thanks for letting me rant!

I might pop in tomorrow to wish you all a successful and happy (it seems that we all can need good things happening in our lives right now!!) May, if I don't get around, then see this post as my "See you all in June" post! :goodvibes

I'm absolutely POSITIVE that your body is changing, even of the scale is NOT reflecting that. Think about the way your clothes are fitting and the way you feel overall.

Bon Voyage, safe travels, and we can't wait to hear about the trip when you return!!

I am still here lurking whenever I can. I graduate from college in 2 weeks and am on mandatory OT right now but still finding time for exercise, which is different than the past. Numbers don't look great for April, but I feel and look a lot better, so overall happy.

HUGE congratulations on the college graduation!! Such a great accomplishment! Glad you are feeling and looking better!! That is what is MOST important!

I missed Friday but. I Love my black dress pants and my black/gray scoop neck top and my little heels!! I wear it about every two weeks. Um no photo.

Happy Happy Happy LOL
My family and friends all watching wishes with me!!

Sounds like a pretty outfit! And I agree.... watching WISHES with a kiddo on either side of me sounds like HEAVEN!!

K guys, y'all need to keep me honest this week and into May. I have 2 5Ks in 2 days in the middle of May and I want to do well.
May 17 is a wounded warrior run and since hubby was in the Navy and my BFF's hubby is in the Air Force, this is close to my heart. May 18 is the memorial run for DS's teammate, his family uses the money to buy AED's for athletic programs and schools. This one is hard for me, it's 75% uphill. It's hard!

Anyway, I need to get my food under control too. I have avoided weigh ins with my coach for 2 weeks. I know I have lost nothing since the last time I saw her. I can't go Monday because we have a bunch of appts so I will be going May 5. I want to be down at least 4 pounds by then.

So I will be in for May for sure! I need a moving buddy!!!

HEY there! So glad to see you back! I'll be your Moving Buddy, for sure!!!! I can't imagine doing an uphill 5K!! You are a running BEAST!!:woohoo:

If you need someone to host in May I will do it. My new dr is worried about my bp. It is usually pretty good here at the house but she wants me to call her in 2weeks and see her in a month so it might help me if I coach.

Stacey I am so sorry that you are going through all this.

Dona, I don't mind taking it on (although clearly the numbers thing is a struggle for me). Let me know if you really want it and you are welcome to it, but otherwise I don't mind. And of COURSE we need COACHES!!

So hasn't been a great month, but not bad either... started the month at 212 with a month end goal of 200, won't get close as Friday weighed 206.. 6 pounds is ok, guess I will take it.. end game is still college weight of 180, those 25 years seem so long ago... :)

Congrats on the 6 pounds! That is more than a pound a week for April, so that is nothing to sneeze at!!

On a personal note, mostly ok, but if you recall I was the one with the out of state girlfriend whose soon to be ex killed himself and she is going thru some major problems... that's not getting better, we are drifting further apart, love her to death, but maybe too many hurdles... she says he still loves me, but just can't talk to me right now...

And the Cubs still can't score runs... :)

Glad you can keep things in perspective with the baseball!! :lmao: Sorry that life is not giving you what you would like in terms of the relationship, but good for you for staying strong and taking care of yourself through it all. Maybe it is time to step away from the situation for a while and see what happens. I will pray for you and her.

QOTD for Sunday April 27, 2014:

Fill in the blanks....

My favorite HEALTHIER ethnic food is homemade beef and broccoli or fried rice.

My favorite form of FUN exercise/activity is walking/running with a friend to talk to (DD or my Mom are my two top choices).

My favorite volunteer activity is most recently volunteering at my Mom's church rummage sale... but I've done lots of other things and haven't yet found a "favorite".

The most environmentally friendly thing I do daily is buying/consuming as LITTLE plastic as possible. I have become a bit of an environmental NUT and I try to do a little more each day.... more recycling, more reducing, more reusing, less plastic, less trash, less electricity consumption, less food waste... you name it!

Thanks for hostessing this month, Pamela! :flower3:

You are welcome and you SAVED me with that great spread sheet.... THANK YOU!

I am doing a 5 mile race this morning. This is the fifth time I've done this race so I hope that is good mojo for a PR. :cool2:

Hope it was a good one!!

Good morning friends :) I have missed everyone! I honestly just need a break from the weight & exercise stuff for a bit when my schedule got more hectic. We were to the point where my kids had some sort of practice, lesson, or game 6 days out of the week! It's slowed down a bit (now only 5 days lol) and I'm much more organized, so I'm ready for May. I haven't read this thread but wanted to pop in and say hi. I will see everyone in May...I need to get back into the weight loss groove :) Jill

I am with you for May.... need the groove to get groovier!!:lmao:

Well, this hasn't been a banner month for me. :sad2: Lost one pound, but it's better than a gain! :lmao: Today I decided that when I come home after subbing I will do my yoga video instead of plopping on the couch for half an hour before it's time to get DH.

I don't work tomorrow and am so incredibly excited! I get to have coffee (hot cocoa for me) with my early bird walking group. Then I'm going to walk with my regular girlfriends walking group. Then I'm going to come home and ice my foot because technically I'm not supposed to walk--stupid plantar fasciitis. :headache: Then after I eat I'm going to take an aquafitness class since I'm skipping swimming to socialize! I'll be home by 10 and have the whole day open! :cloud9:

qotds: well, I don't have any cute clothes. food: Indian exercise: walk (except I can't right now), volunteer: used to be school/Sunday school, now, nothing so much, environmenal: recycle and now that the city collects food scraps, composting

Sounds like you have a great workout plan scheduled!!!

Morning all! For some reason the internet is down here in my classroom, so no chatting for now, but here is your QOTD !!
QOTD for Monday, April 28, 2014:

It is sometimes easier now that I am at my goal weight..... I can remember how AWFUL I felt being overweight and so can really appreciate being at my goal weight and I DO NOT intend to ever be overweight again. Plus I keep a "magic" number in my head that I like to stay at or near.... and a "NEVER AGAIN number.... so if I creep near that number I know it is time to buckle down and get back on track a little (or a lot) more!!

I remind myself that swimsuit season is just around the corner!

I don't think it will ever get here....:sad2:

Thank you! I was just thinking this morning how I plan to double down in May after an especially crazy April. The schedule may not be getting any lighter, but I have to look beyond that and learn to live with the busy and still be healthy...these threads are so helpful to me in that regard!

XO
Liz

So glad you are ready to hop in with us for May!!

HI Ladies - happy Monday - seems like everyone's lives are calming down just a bit but I'm sure with summer around the corner it'll ramp back up..

I had a great week back on Atkins Induction .. Lost 8.3 .. I know that is mostly water - which I am ok with.. I do not look like I am 6 months preggie.. just chubby around the middle! No longer eating Tums like they are going out of style.. and not really craving anything.. I hope this continues into week 2.

OH MY!!! That is WONDERFUL!!!!!

I have a plan :
Breakfasts this week will be cream cheese pancakes with sausage or eggs with sausage cheese and 1T of onion.
Lunches this week will be 4 days of tossed salad and 2T of dressing with only 2 carb (Ken's light Italian or Red Wine and vinegar) with 4 oz of grilled chicken or grilled pork and sugar free Jello for dessert and 1 piece of Russell Stover SF chocolate. then on Friday I'll have an Atkins meal .. I think it's the beef merlot one in the freezer with a few celery sticks and the chocolate..
Dinners are Baked Fish, Grilled Chicken, Baked Parm Chicken, Baked Parm Pork Chops and Steak with veggies such as roasted baby brussel, mashed cauliflower, steamed broccoli, sauteed green beans and sauteed zucchini ..

I have a stash of Atkins bars shakes and snacks if needed

Keep up the great work and I'll see you all on the May Thread... Thanks P for hosting :) both months!

How great that you have a SOLID plan in place going forward! I see great things ahead for you in May!!

Okay... I am caught up and it is time to go retrieve my students for the last part of the day! Hoping it going by quickly! I'll pop on again tonight from home .... AFTER my walk/run!!!!...................P

Hello! :)

April was quite the month, not so great for my weight, but decisions have been made, and some good changes are taking place.

We got a new puppy. :)
rOWxfTND4lOXsNegDXOOyM2f6Lvjnqe__egBaeN5U9A=w219-h207-p-no

This was two+ weeks ago and she is already bigger. :)

She was a rescure, so some health issues to deal with, but overall she is a great dog. I don't think we rescued her, I think she rescued me.:hug:

I increased my vitamin d intake and almost feel human again. Our weather is still not great. Warmer, but cloudy a lot and I definitely think I have a huge vit d deficiency, because I can really tell on the days I skip it.

And lastly we put an offer on a house. We'll see. Not what we wanted to happen, but we are both ready for some stability. Three years of trying to be somewhere else gets to be mentally and physically taxing after a while. So it is time, to work with what we have and be grateful.

I am off tomorrow, so I am going to spend a lot of time getting myself set up for a successful May. Enough is enough.

It definitely needs to be a no excuses May. :goodvibes

I hope the threads are going to continue in some form or another in May, because I really need the support.:)

April was quite the month, not so great for my weight, but decisions have been made, and some good changes are taking place.

She was a rescure, so some health issues to deal with, but overall she is a great dog. I don't think we rescued her, I think she rescued me.:hug:

Oh mylanta, she is ADORABLE!! Congratulations! Nice to be able to fill your lives with puppy love again, I'm sure!! And you rescued each other!

Name??

I increased my vitamin d intake and almost feel human again. Our weather is still not great. Warmer, but cloudy a lot and I definitely think I have a huge vit d deficiency, because I can really tell on the days I skip it.

Perhaps that is what I should be doing. I am SO done with this winter-ish weather, I could absolutely have a freak out!!

And lastly we put an offer on a house. We'll see. Not what we wanted to happen, but we are both ready for some stability. Three years of trying to be somewhere else gets to be mentally and physically taxing after a while. So it is time, to work with what we have and be grateful.

Glad you can see some positive there. Make a small list of the blessings you have in your current situation and perhaps that will make you smile a bit about staying put.

I am off tomorrow, so I am going to spend a lot of time getting myself set up for a successful May. Enough is enough.

I hope the threads are going to continue in some form or another in May, because I really need the support.:)

You KNOW I'll be there to support you.... so even if it is only a handful of us, we can totally have an amazing, marvelous, stupendous, "no-excuses" rockin' MAY!! I'm ready for it as well! Did a real RUN yesterday for the first time in FOREVER and the sense of accomplishment was nothing short of SUPERB!! I'm ready to have that feeling again!

Rose, I was SO HAPPY to hear from you first thing this morning.... with all of the tornado talk in the news today, you KNOW my thoughts go to you immediately! Stay safe and keep posting so I know you are okay!

Morning my friends!! Happy Tuesday! I was given the option to say NO to working at school today, so I took it. I have plenty to do here to keep me busy.... laundry, dishes, meals, and of course, getting ready for my WW meeting tonight. Plus some bills to pay and of COURSE, a workout to fit in there somewhere!;)

Like I mentioned above, I finished my first real RUN (as opposed to a walk/run/walk/run) in a long time yesterday. It wasn't for speed (I tend to be a naturally faster runner and have to work on going slower if I want to add distance) and while it wasn't much of a distance, it was more than I have done in a VERY long time! I stopped at the half way mark for 90 seconds to reset my timer and change my music and cross the road and then didn't stop again until the end point. My return run was faster than going out (not surprising, since it was more downhill) and I ended up having to run in my usual cool-down zone to finish the time.... but I was okay with that! For today's workout I am trying a new Jillian Michaels/Biggest Loser DVD that one of my WW members gave me. I'm sure JM will be kicking my a** hard today!:rotfl:

Off to post the QOTD and have some breakfast and keep the laundry moving along! BBL to chat and update page one!..................P

QOTD for Tuesday, April 29, 2014:

In what ways are you thinking and acting differently since starting on this healthy journey?

HOLY CUTENESS Award!! what a sweet looking baby.. and I know excatly how you feel about her rescuing you - exactly how I feel about my Hunny :cat:

In what ways are you thinking and acting differently since starting on this healthy journey?

My mantra the past week has been "it's hard but it's worth it and this is for life, this is for my life" I am really taking it serious this time - last year at this time I weighted about 165 and got right back up to my starting weight in NO time.. I am going slower thru the Atkins rungs this time to really see what affects me and what doesn't.. I also move more.. I keep my Pedometer on and try to get the highest number I can.. shoot for more then 7,500 (even though I know 10,000 is what you should get)

:) Michelle

My mantra the past week has been "it's hard but it's worth it and this is for life, this is for my life" I am really taking it serious this time - last year at this time I weighted about 165 and got right back up to my starting weight in NO time.. I am going slower thru the Atkins rungs this time to really see what affects me and what doesn't.. I also move more.. I keep my Pedometer on and try to get the highest number I can.. shoot for more then 7,500 (even though I know 10,000 is what you should get)

So proud of you for NEVER giving up the journey to make your life healthier!!

Busy day here at home with laundry, bill paying, etc, but I managed a 20 minute workout.... but it wasn't the JM DVD because my DVD player isn't working. I'll have to have DS take a look at it tonight. Instead I did a circuit of arms and legs with a bit of abs thrown in.

I'm showered and half of my lunch is eaten. I need to figure out what I'm wearing to work tonight and get it pressed and onto my body! Dinner for my men is defrosting and they can heat it when they are ready. My dinner is a homemade bean stew of sorts, made up with some precooked beans I had and some leftovers.... not thrilling, but warm and filling and it will be ready to eat when I walk in the door! That is a huge bonus!

Gonna dash for now, since I have to be ready for work by 2:30, when I leave to pick up DS from school!

BTW, page one has been updated with any new numbers I've received since Friday! TTYL............P

Popping in again. Trying to make this a part of my routine.

I'm gonna need some serious help in May. I have a physical in June (soonest I can do it) for a life insurance policy. I need need need to be in better shape by then!! More so for me than for the insurance policy but this is my goal. Plus I need to go clothes shopping for DS17 and DS13's graduations. I'm aiming for 2 different dresses if I feel good about myself. I hate clothes shopping when I am in a bad mental place so I will just buy something that looks "ok" and bolt from the store. I don't want to do that this time!!!

Anyway, rambling.

Had a bad food day, but on the up side I did get a mile and a half walk in. I plan to do it again tomorrow but with running. Was with a friend on trails so we walked. Tomorrow I will be by myself.

QOTD for Wednesday, April 30, 2014:

Since it is WOOHOO Wednesday AND the last day of the month, please share a WOOHOO that you had sometime in April!! This is the time to look back on the month and reflect on the POSITIVE changes you made and the good choices you made and to toss away the negativity and bad thoughts!

HUGE shout-out to Dona for stepping up at the last minute to be our May coach and for having our May thread already up and running!! WTG! Now everyone grab a moving buddy and be ready for the big move tomorrow.... and don't forget to invite a friend!

BAMB, I promised to be your moving buddy... are you ready to go??? I am!

Well, I'm off to work today and not sure if I will have any computer time, so no promises for now about chatting, but I will definitely be back after work and exercise time this evening! Come on folks, let's finish up April STRONG!! ............P

Popping in again. Trying to make this a part of my routine.

I'm gonna need some serious help in May. I have a physical in June (soonest I can do it) for a life insurance policy. I need need need to be in better shape by then!! More so for me than for the insurance policy but this is my goal. Plus I need to go clothes shopping for DS17 and DS13's graduations. I'm aiming for 2 different dresses if I feel good about myself. I hate clothes shopping when I am in a bad mental place so I will just buy something that looks "ok" and bolt from the store. I don't want to do that this time!!!

Anyway, rambling.

Had a bad food day, but on the up side I did get a mile and a half walk in. I plan to do it again tomorrow but with running. Was with a friend on trails so we walked. Tomorrow I will be by myself.

Glad you are going to make us part of your routine! SO WISH I could be there to walk/run with you! We could laugh and talk and it would go by so quickly!

Have a wonderful day and good luck with the dress shopping!............P

Thank you Pamela.:goodvibes
The puppies name is Jessie. She is pretty awesome, too smart actually. She has had some health issues so she can't go to doggie daycare and no matter what we do she manages to get her crate open. So I have been coming home from work to some surprises. :)
Congrats on your run! It is a great feeling of accomplishment.
We did not get the bad storms this time, thank goodness! My sister is in NC and she said it was quite crazy there yesterday.

Ok, I am still very proud of the fact that I have not had a diet soda since Jan 2010. But I am having trouble coming up with something positive for this year.

On the negative side, I have started drinking regular coke way too regularly.
So by my estimates if I consumed 36 ounces a week over the last year, that is 21840 calories or 6.24 pounds! And I might be conservative with my consumption. I have that nasty sugar craving and I can tell my body is just so unhappy with me. It is just so stinking addictive!!

But I gave up DC cold turkey, so that is what I am doing with regular coke. Had my last one on Monday. This is going to be painful, I think.:(

HOLY CUTENESS Award!! what a sweet looking baby.. and I know excatly how you feel about her rescuing you - exactly how I feel about my Hunny :cat:

Thank you Michelle!
I like your mantra. :)
This quote was posted on the exercise thread and I really liked it. I compare myself way too much--I compare to how I used to be, how I'd like to be and to others--and it is not productive.
Comparison is the Thief of Joy

Congrats on getting in those workouts Buffy!

QOTD for Wednesday, April 30, 2014:

Since it is WOOHOO Wednesday AND the last day of the month, please share a WOOHOO that you had sometime in April!! This is the time to look back on the month and reflect on the POSITIVE changes you made and the good choices you made and to toss away the negativity and bad thoughts!

Hmmm, I did not wait until May to get back on the wagon. :)

Hope everyone has a great last day of April! I am off today, though I have to go to a work lunch. Not eating (don't feel like dealing with the gf thing) so I will have a tea. Meal planning is on my agenda for the day and laundry. We have puppy training class tonight. :)

where has this month gone? wow I've really lost touch here and sad about that!

Woohoo Wed -- well I'm so proud of myself for getting a challenge going between us girls going to Vegas (in 10 days but who's counting) and sticking to my food journaling this month!!! that is HUGE for me!!

see ya over in the may thread! :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter