Wire receipt and post time Direct to Disney?

Arguetafamily

Mouseketeer
We (my mother) wired from her bank direct to Disney on Thursday about 3pm PST for one contract then wired Friday about 10am for a second contract, paid in full.

It was my understanding bank wires are instant. I spoke to a DVC rep, she said it could take 3-6 days. My mother is understandably worried.
Does anyone have personal experience with this.

I did search first and couldn’t find a direct answer to my question. Thanks again everyone! You are all so helpful, always

We (my mother) wired from her bank direct to Disney on Thursday about 3pm PST for one contract then wired Friday about 10am for a second contract, paid in full.

It was my understanding bank wires are instant. I spoke to a DVC rep, she said it could take 3-6 days. My mother is understandably worried.

I did search first and couldn’t find a direct answer to my question. Thanks again everyone! You are all so helpful, always
The Thursday wire didn’t go out Thursday likely. Usually wires cut off around 4-5 EST. But yes on Friday the wires would be in their accounts. As soon as your bank sends they technically could get on the phone (and general best practice with Real Estate) and verify the wire was received.

I would call again and ask to speak with a manager.

Bank wires are not instant - there are several things that could delay a wire from posting (such as your bank processing the wire in a timely manner and/or the wire instructions being entered correctly etc.). Then of course your DVC Guide is also at the mercy of his/her partner in accounting being able to view/access the incoming wire. I wouldn't be worried, but agree that I'd call daily to confirm. T

It usually takes 1-3 days on average, depending on the bank sending and the bank receiving to confirm everything is in order. Time of day could also play into it as to the original transfer. Thursday pretty much wont count as a day due to the timing, banks are closed on the weekends mostly so it's essentially been 1 day. I would think tomorrow or Tuesday it should all be completed.

3 p.m. PST Thursday was 6 p.m. EST thus that wire was after the cut off time to send wires, so both wires were likely sent on Friday. I’ve sent wire transfers from the west coast to the east coast & my vague recollection was that the cut off time was earlier than 5 p.m. EST, so it’s possible that neither wire has even been sent yet. If you check your mom’s account are the funds gone or do they show as pending?
Also don’t count Sat. & Sun. as they are not business days so assuming both wires went out Friday day 2 will be tomorrow - Monday.
I try to send wires early in the morning & early in the week to avoid fretting over the weekend about if the money has arrived yet.
Are these funds for direct purchases? If so ask to speak to the quality assurance people at DVC or to accounting about their experience w/ the timing on receiving wires &/or reach out to your mom’s bank for the expected timeline to ease your concerns.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter