Winter Trip Take 2

Paulaparm

DIS Veteran
Pre-Trip Report

Who: Paula and Gary. Our adorable grandson Greyson will not be with us on the trip. 😊 Try as I might, I cannot get this picture on here correctly!!

My parents and aunt and uncle will be joining us for part of the trip.
635634 Mom and Dad 635635 Aunt and Uncle

When/Where: Gary and I will be pulling our 5th wheel camper and staying at Fort Wilderness January 31-February 13. It will be our first time there and we are very excited!

My parents, aunt and uncle are taking Amtrak and will arrive Feb 1. They are all staying at POFQ. They will depart Feb. 7.

A bit of background, I have been to WDW quite a few times BG (before Gary 😊) All 6 of us were here 7 years ago about 2 weeks before Christmas, staying at Coronado Springs. This will be Gary’s 2nd trip and we will just say that he isn’t quite the fan I am. After our last trip, he said he enjoyed it, but it isn’t someplace he needs to go every (or every other) year. ☹ I am hoping he falls in love with Fort Wilderness!

The trip was planned for last year around the same time, but we postponed due to…yep…Covid. We didn’t want to come and wear masks so we decided we would rather just wait a year and see how things were. None of us have had it, we are all vaxed and boosted and we’ve decided to give it a go!

Gary and I did take a trip to Florida last winter. Cocoa Beach, Disney World and New Smyrna Beach. He agreed he could do 2 days at the parks wearing a mask. It was kind of a spur of the moment, we were tired of cold weather kind of thing. 😊 (I did start a trip report and think I got 1 day done…)

So here are our plans so far

Jan 29: Gary and I leave PA and head south. Hoping to get to South Carolina and stay for the night.

Jan 30: Travel from South Carolina to Florida. We will be staying at a campground about 10 miles from WDW property for the night.

Jan 31: Check-in to Fort Wilderness! It will take a few hours to set up camp. We have rented a golf cart from an outside source and will meet with them to pick it up. As of now we are scheduled for Trail’s End at 5:15. However, I am second-guessing that after reading some recent negative reviews. If I try for a different ADR, it needs to be non-park. Suggestions welcome!

February 1: The rest of the party arrives around 10 in Orlando. A car will pick them up and take them to POFQ. Gary and I will head to Epcot at some point and they will meet us there. We have a 3:40 ADR at Via Napoli. I’m thinking we will probably snack a bit at some of the F Arts booths before Via Napoli. We will most likely stay for Harmonious.

February 2: Animal Kingdom. We will take advantage of Early Entry and maybe try FoP for the first time! (I’m not sure yet as I am claustrophobic, but I really want to try it!) Looking forward to lunch from Flametree BBQ. Depending upon when we finish here, possibly head to DS for the evening. I will mention here that I subscribe to Touring Plans and I have all my fingers and toes crossed that the itineraries I put together on the site are correct! If they are, we should be able to get everything done that we want to do in fantastic time! This is for the whole trip, not just today! If I am wrong in my thinking, please let me know 😊

February 3: Mom, Dad, Aunt and Uncle will head to HS today. They have an ADR at 50’s Prime Time for lunch. Gary and I will relax at the Fort today.

February 4: Plan 1 is to head to MK for early entry. Knock out Fantasyland and Tomorrowland and have lunch at The Diamond Horseshoe. Plan 2 is to head to DS around 10, as Mom really wants to get to Gideon’s. Shop around a bit, then head to MK and Diamond Horseshoe at 3:30. I want to talk to them in the next day or so and decide so I can cancel one of the ADR’s asap.

February 5: Epcot around 10 or maybe EE if everyone is up for it. Head to any attractions we didn’t get to do earlier in the week. Soarin’ is a must for Mom, Test Track for Dad and Gary. We will head out of the park for a late lunch at Beaches and Cream at 3:50. Then most likely back to Epcot.

February 6: Magic Kingdom for EE. Try to get on Seven Dwarves and Space Mountain and then head to Adventureland and Frontierland. Let the Elders (as we affectionately call them) decide what to do, as its their last day.

February 7: The elders head back to PA on the train and Gary and I chill for the day at the Fort. Heading to Homecomin’ for an early supper at 4:00.

February 8: Hollywood Studios. Most likely EE and visit Galaxy’s Edge. I really want to do Rise, but again, not sure because of my claustrophobia. 5:15 at Sci-Fi!

February 9: No park scheduled again today. Whispering Canyon at 11:45 and maybe DS again.

February 10: Magic Kingdom. Will decide on EE depending on what we feel we need to get accomplished. 11:20 ADR at The Plaza.

February 11: Epcot. Not sure again about EE. We will be having lunch at Garden Grill.

February 12: No park planned. We have 10 day PH’s and only have 9 days planned. I’m sure some evenings we will head to different parks, but am going to go with the flow for those evenings. If we haven’t already used up that last day of tickets yet, we will go someplace today. We will also need to pack up the camper today. ☹

February 13: Check-out….waaaaahhhhh. The saving grace here is that we aren’t heading home just yet. We are headed to Daytona for 10 days. We are staying in a campground close to the racetrack and will be attending the Daytona 500. My cousin and his wife will fly down February 15 and stay with us for a week. We will leave February 23 to head back to PA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter