Winter resort day activities at Fort

MrsCobraBubbles

Life's too short to wear pants all the time
I've been lurking on this board for years but I've never stayed at the Fort. I want to, it's just not in the cards right now. Anyway, I have built in a resort day for our upcoming January/February trip and want to spend a portion of it at the Fort, to see what it has to offer and hopefully next trip I can budget for renting an RV. What are your favorite things to do in an afternoon/evening at the fort? It will be me, my kids DS14 and DD6, and my mom. My mom gets a bit sore and cranky when she has to do a lot of walking so hiking/biking activities are out. Please share ideas!

The Meadows hot tub is great for achy joints while the younger ones enjoy the pools.
Nice to know that they have a hot tub, but I don't think we can use it, since we are staying at Caribbean Beach. Have you done the campfire sing along? I would like to do it but I'm worried that if it is over-the-top in cuteness my teenage son might sprain his eyeballs from rolling his eyes.

Yes, the pool and hot tub are only for those staying at Fort Wilderness.

I would come over in the afternoon and perhaps walk around the loops near the Trails End/Settlement Trading Post area (100/200/400/700). It's not a hike - more like an amble. If mom gets grumpy, leave her to enjoy a Trails End rocking chair on the porch while the rest of you explore.

I would get dinner at the Trails End takeout counter (known as P&J's Southern Takeout) and get the Giddy Up and Go dinner with 8 pieces of fried chicken, choice of two sides, and cornbread for $25. If you have refillable mugs at CBR you can fill them at P&J's or buy drinks. If you ask at the register, they will give you paper plates, KFS, and there are napkins/condiments available - everything you need - to eat dinner. Picnic tables to eat at are on the side porch of Trails End or if they are full you can go to the tables down by the dock.

Then hop an internal bus and get off for the campfire singalong (ask the driver where to get off). The Food Truck at the Campfire sells basics for roasting marshmallows (sticks and said mallows) or a S'mores kit for $10. The movie schedule is posted on the Camping Board monthly. Get your picture made with Chip and/or Dale.

Watch the movie if you want. Go down to the beach and watch the MK fireworks if you want.

It's easy to kill a couple hours enjoying the Fort.

Bama Ed

If all you are going to do is a recon then this worked for my wife and I during her first ever visit. Get a take out bucket from Trails End P&J's head for the beach and watch the Electric Water Parade and the fireworks in MK over the Contemporary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!