Winter Coats and Knit Hats at Disney? Is This the Twilight Zone? A Jan 18 TR Updated 9/11 & 9/13!

I have no idea why Dumbo scares him so much but I find it pretty funny. I told him he could sit out this one be he decided to ride any ways. I made sure to bounce the Dumbo up and down a lot just for his pleasure.
Because you're the nicest wife ever :) LOL

MK_CARPRGS1_20180107_407845196465-L.jpg
YES! You know I love when the devil horns make an appearance!!

Yay! the Devil horns! lol
Fun day with the characters. Ariel looks like she enjoyed you too!
Lovin' your report pluto: :stitch2:

Oct 6 isn't coming fast enough! but I know that soon we will be saying....Dang, another trip in the books! It does come and go fast. And you will be arriving again, as we leave! :)

Sounds like a great morning/afternoon! Love all the character pics!

So funny that Dumbo scares Jim :rotfl2:

We did have a great time that morning. I really don't get Jim's fear of Dumbo but it does make for some amusing rides for me.

A great character day! That CM must have been practicing her close ups.

And we weren't quite done with the characters either. Maybe that was it with the photographer but they sure got some uncomfortable close ups.

I LOVE Jim's hoodie! I am from the metro Detroit area and my family are die hard Red Wings fans! Do you know where he got it? Loving this report and also your solo one!

Honestly, he has so many Red Wing hoodies that I have no idea where he got that one. He probably wouldn't remember either. He usually orders online since we live in Atlanta but he does fly through Detroit quite often when he goes home to Erie Pa so he could have gotten it there.

Because you're the nicest wife ever :) LOL

YES! You know I love when the devil horns make an appearance!!

Of course! :rotfl:

No idea why the devil horns were so infrequent this trip, maybe he was just not in the mood. I don't think they will appear much in October either because my Mom wants nice pictures of the five of us and I don't think she will appreciate devil horns in them.

Yay! the Devil horns! lol
Fun day with the characters. Ariel looks like she enjoyed you too!
Lovin' your report pluto: :stitch2:

Oct 6 isn't coming fast enough! but I know that soon we will be saying....Dang, another trip in the books! It does come and go fast. And you will be arriving again, as we leave! :)

We did have a good morning/afternoon with the characters and there's still more to come.

You are less than a month out, it will be here in no time at all! I spent the morning messing around with our October trip. I can't seem to leave well enough alone.
:rotfl2: I've got to get back and start updating my PTR again now that I think the plans are all settled now.

Great Moments in History

After the meet and greets, we spent a few minutes looking around Big Top Souvenirs and Jim found a sweatshirt for his Mom since we ended up returning the tea we had gotten her earlier in the week.

Then it was finally time for our 3rd FP for the day for 7 Dwarfs Mine Train.

Once again, Jim provided the entertainment for my TR with his weird ride face.

While we were waiting for the ride, I hopped on MDE and made us another FP for Winnie the Pooh at 3:45 pm. That gave us some time to kill but I had some things in mind to fill that time. Neither of us had seen the Muppet show in Liberty Square so we headed that way. It was about 10 minutes before show time and we were early enough to grab seats on the wall across from the show. The show is high enough that you can sit there even if people stand right in front of you. We got the Ride of Paul Revere this time around. In February, Mom and I saw the Declaration of Independence show and I liked that one better although I did enjoy both.

I took a ton of pictures but I’ll just share a few of the better ones.

The next time filler was the Tiki Room which was virtually empty.

Then I dragged Jim kicking and screaming up to Fantasyland to ride IASW. We had about a 20 minute wait which didn’t help matters for him.

This next one is blurry but it’s the only shot I got of the kids holding signs up in Pinocchio’s Village Haus. If you can’t read it, it says “Sing It’s a Small World”. Others we saw said “Touch Your Nose” and “Do the Wave”.

And a few IASW pictures to torture those who don’t like the ride. I must have several hundred of this ride by now.

Jim gave me his best miserable IASW face.

It’s a law (in my world at least) that I must take a picture of the drunk hippo every time I ride IASW.

We both got our names up on the screens at the end. It was weird they were on different ones though.

Next up was Mickey’s Philharmagic although I have zero picture evidence. But it’s in my notes so I’m going with it.

Our Winnie the Pooh FP was finally available so we headed there. This is another one Jim tolerates for me. My Mom will just tell me flat out no, we aren’t riding but Jim subscribes to the “happy wife, happy life” policy and goes along for my sake. Apparently my pictures didn’t come out too well because I only have three from the ride.

Up Next: Jim is a Speed Demon and HEA Dessert Party

Hahah love Jim's face on mine train!

Glad you got to see the Muppets! I definitely hope to see it again on my next trip.

Happy wife, happy life means dealing with IASW and Winnie the Pooh!!

It’s a law (in my world at least) that I must take a picture of the drunk hippo every time I ride IASW.

It's become a law in my world to take one for you, too :) LOL

I thoroughly enjoyed Jim's 7DMT and IASW faces. It makes up for the lack of devil horns!!

Again loving your TR and pics. Your next trip is coming up soon too!
I haven't messed with any of my plans in the last week or so. I might give it one last go-over a week before we leave.

BTW will the hurricane affect you at all? or are you far enough south. I feel so bad for those in its path. Looks like it will be devastating. Praying they are at least a little wrong.

Hahah love Jim's face on mine train!

Glad you got to see the Muppets! I definitely hope to see it again on my next trip.

Happy wife, happy life means dealing with IASW and Winnie the Pooh!!

I don't quite get Jim's ride faces. He says he enjoys the rides but he always looks scared out of his mind or in great pain. :rotfl2:

I'm planning on trying to catch the Muppets show again in October since my brother & SIL haven't seen it yet.

It's become a law in my world to take one for you, too :) LOL

I thoroughly enjoyed Jim's 7DMT and IASW faces. It makes up for the lack of devil horns!!

Yay Hippo! :rotfl:

Jim does have the best ride faces.

Again loving your TR and pics. Your next trip is coming up soon too!
I haven't messed with any of my plans in the last week or so. I might give it one last go-over a week before we leave.

BTW will the hurricane affect you at all? or are you far enough south. I feel so bad for those in its path. Looks like it will be devastating. Praying they are at least a little wrong.

Thanks! 36 days to go! I really need to get back to my PTR and write about the trip. I'm pretty sure I've finished with all the changes but who really knows. :confused3:P

We are on the fringes of the path of the hurricane as of right now but by the time it reaches us it will probably be just rain. There may be some localized flooding but we live on top of a hill so we will be fine.

Alright folks, I've dragged this thing out long enough so let's finish it up this week so I can turn my concentration to my August TR and the PTR for October!

Jim is a Speed Demon and HEA Dessert Party

While we were in line for WTP, I was able to snag a FP for Cinderella and Elena that we could use immediately following the WTP one. If you remember from months ago when I posted about Jim’s solo night at MK, he visited with Tiana and Rapunzel so this would get him two more Princess signatures. As with the Ariel meet I have no idea what we talked about, probably Jim’s birthday since he was wearing his pin.

I snagged us a 6th FP for the Tomorrowland Speedway at 5:30 pm. Jim had never ridden it so he wanted to give it a try.

To fill the time before that FP, we headed to Monster’s Inc. Laugh Floor. Thank goodness for my notes because I have no picture evidence of our visit with the Monsters. I do remember (thanks again to my notes) that I was put up on the screen and made fun of for wearing my “seatbelt” (AKA my cross body bag strap) in the theater.

After the show we went and used our FP for the Speedway. I think I might have looked for another FP after this one but didn’t find anything we wanted.

If you can’t tell by that last picture, Jim loved TL Speedway. I have a feeling it might become a must do from now on.

We still had about an hour before we needed to check in for the HEA dessert party and since we were right there and it’s one of Jim’s favorites, we visited COP next.

Rover is my favorite and I tend to watch him a lot during the show.

There were a few things I wanted to pick up on Main Street before the dessert party so we did that next. In Arribas brothers, I picked up a pair of Mickey earrings.

And then at the Confectionary I got a huge box of fudge to take home. There was a special, I think buy four pieces get two free and I couldn’t resist.

I ended up not eating this right away when we got home but it was still good when I ate it a week or so later.

We checked in for the dessert party right at 6:45 and went up to try out the offerings. I took pictures of everything that night and I will share them but these are outdated now. Some of the offerings have changed.

There was also a kids section, selected fruit and an ice cream station that I didn’t get pictures of.

Here’s Jim’s first plate.

And mine.

I know I went back for more of the Oreo Mickey Treats and probably a cupcake or two. Jim really liked the Pineapple Delight and went back for at least one more of those. He’s not big on sweets so I think he stuck to mostly the fruit and cheese after his first plate.

We ended up going down to the Garden Plaza area later than I wanted and got a spot a little further to the side than I wanted. We watched Once Upon a Time from there and I did try to take some pictures but they aren’t the best. This next one is really the only one that came out OK.

This was my first time seeing HEA so I put my camera away and just watched. And I really enjoyed the show. It still didn’t match Wishes in my book and while I will see it again, it’s not a must do every trip like Wishes was.

MK was open until 11 pm that night but we had a super early DME time the next morning thanks to the 4 hour policy they had going at that time. So we headed out and back to the room to get some sleep.

I traded for 4 pins that day.

And here’s my Fitbit stats for the day.

I’ve only got a few pictures for Monday, January 8th so let’s finish this thing out. We were up at 4:45 am and out the door at 5:45 am. We checked our bags and then waited for the DME to arrive at 6:20 am. Our flight wasn’t until 10:20 am and when we arrived at the airport, we discovered it had been delayed until 11:40 am. We were hungry and had a lot of time so we sat down for breakfast at Outback Steakhouse. Jim got a standard breakfast platter.

I decided that since we were at a steakhouse, I would get the Steak and Eggs.

The meal was good and we enjoyed it. The only weird thing was the plastic silverware they gave us. I guess they aren’t allowed to hand out metal knives and forks but it was really hard to cut up a steak with plastic ones!

Our flight was uneventful and we arrived back in Atlanta, picked up the doggies, did some grocery shopping and got settled at home. We both went back to work on Tuesday.

Here’s one more photo for you. My overall Fitbit stats for the week. If you remember, we left for our trip on Tuesday. I’m sure that those running the Dopey had way more miles than I did that week!

One thing to add, I was still feeling crummy when we got home but I did go back to work on Tuesday. But by Friday I was feeling so awful I could barely get out of bed. So for the first time in 15 years, I called in sick to work. I went to the doctor and it turned out to be a very bad sinus infection. I didn’t realize how bad a sinus infection could make you feel! After a few days of rest and antibiotics, I was feeling much better. That's the main reason I didn't eat the fudge right away. I was surprised at how well it kept and I was still able to eat it once I was feeling better again.

So that’s the end of another one of my TRs. I hope you enjoyed it. Come join me on the August one if you haven't already!

Sounds like a nice final night between the last rides and the dessert party! I'm glad you enjoyed HEA, though I know it doesn't compare to Wishes!

Stinks that you had to catch the bus to the airport so early and then your flight ended up being delayed!

I'm sorry you ended up getting so sick! Good thing it went for the end of your trip!

As always, I enjoyed reading your TR! :)

I do remember (thanks again to my notes) that I was put up on the screen and made fun of for wearing my “seatbelt” (AKA my cross body bag strap) in the theater
Maybe you should pitch designer seatbelt covers to D~! I bet that's a market people she hasn't tackled yet LOL

One of our must-dos too :) and I also love Rover! I like watching his little head movements and how his ears wiggle.

We were up at 4:45 am and out the door at 5:45 am. We checked our bags and then waited for the DME to arrive at 6:20 am. Our flight wasn’t until 10:20 am and when we arrived at the airport, we discovered it had been delayed until 11:40 am.
Ugh, that 4 hour thing was so annoying with DME!!! I'm glad they got rid of it. Also, every single time we fly out of MCO we are delayed. Sigh.

After a few days of rest and antibiotics, I was feeling much better. That's the main reason I didn't eat the fudge right away. I was surprised at how well it kept and I was still able to eat it once I was feeling better again.
That's right! I forgot how sick you got after your trip! Sinus infections are the worst. I'm glad your fudge kept well so you could postpone your Disney blues until after you got to enjoy it!

And now we that we are both finished with our TRs for trips that happened 8 months ago LOL let's get back to your August trip :)

I just found your trip reports for the first time!! I am a "D" customer too (I have the Muppets - Kermit and Miss P purse and DDuck butt backpack)!!!! My husband and I were actually at MK on Sunday the 7th as well!! We rope dropped Adventureland and I think were at some of the same rides at the same time! I tried to see if I could find myself in any of your pics! We were floored by how empty the park was until around 10ish! I have pictures from around 9:30 of an almost empty walkway by PP Flight!

The dessert party looks fun, I have never done one because of Andi’s peanut.nut allergy she doesn’t want to do one. I hope to do one in May, when I am solo!

I agree about HEA, I enjoy it but it is low priority for us after watching it several times. It doesn’t evoke the same emotions as Wishes and I am fine seeing it only once a trip now and even from afar it is okay!

Enjoyed your TR!

Sure looks like this trip was so much fun! Even if it was cold a lot of the time.
Not sure if we will do HEA dessert party. Dang, there is so much good stuff there. Maybe too much!
When I saw those Mickey oreos in the first picture, I KNEW there would be at least one on your plate...lol!

23 more days for us and I am getting so anxious!

Glad to hear you are out of harm's way for Florence. I can't imagine being in the path of such disaster.

Last edited:
I am with Jim in liking the Speedway. Many don't but I do.

The HEA dessert party looks really good. I have only ever done the Star Wars one. I loved Wishes but I think HEA takes the cake. There is more pyro, and the projections add a lot. I also think the Tink part is much better in HEA than in Wishes.

Race Day!

We turned left right past SP and headed towards The Land building. This was where the final character stop was and once again I got in line.
Congrats on doing the 5K! DH, DD24, DD19 and I are all doing the 5K this January! It's our 1st time! I was inspired by seeing everyone with their medals this past January!
One question on the route! What the heck is SP? We've googled, look at maps and everything and can't figure it out!

Sounds like a nice final night between the last rides and the dessert party! I'm glad you enjoyed HEA, though I know it doesn't compare to Wishes!

Stinks that you had to catch the bus to the airport so early and then your flight ended up being delayed!

I'm sorry you ended up getting so sick! Good thing it went for the end of your trip!

As always, I enjoyed reading your TR! :)

I really enjoyed the dessert party. It's so worth it for that uncrowded viewing area.

I did not like the 4 hour policy they had going for the holidays.

Thanks for reading along and commenting!

Maybe you should pitch designer seatbelt covers to D~! I bet that's a market people she hasn't tackled yet LOL

One of our must-dos too :) and I also love Rover! I like watching his little head movements and how his ears wiggle.

Ugh, that 4 hour thing was so annoying with DME!!! I'm glad they got rid of it. Also, every single time we fly out of MCO we are delayed. Sigh.

That's right! I forgot how sick you got after your trip! Sinus infections are the worst. I'm glad your fudge kept well so you could postpone your Disney blues until after you got to enjoy it!

And now we that we are both finished with our TRs for trips that happened 8 months ago LOL let's get back to your August trip :)

Hmmmm, I'll have to mention that one to D~ but I'm not sure how much of a market there would be for those. :rotfl2:

That's exactly what I do with Rover, watch all his movements. It always amazes me how real he looks.

I do hope that was the first and last time they do the 4 hour thing. I guess we will find out once the holidays get here.

I can't believe how long this one took me to write. I'm hoping to be a little better with the August one. I have it about half way written now and hope to finish it out soon so I can just copy and paste the updates.

I just found your trip reports for the first time!! I am a "D" customer too (I have the Muppets - Kermit and Miss P purse and DDuck butt backpack)!!!! My husband and I were actually at MK on Sunday the 7th as well!! We rope dropped Adventureland and I think were at some of the same rides at the same time! I tried to see if I could find myself in any of your pics! We were floored by how empty the park was until around 10ish! I have pictures from around 9:30 of an almost empty walkway by PP Flight!

Hi! Thanks for reading along. I'm surprised we didn't spot each other because I'm always on the lookout for D~s bags when I'm at the parks. I really think it was a combination of the marathon and the cold that kept the crowds away that morning.

The dessert party looks fun, I have never done one because of Andi’s peanut.nut allergy she doesn’t want to do one. I hope to do one in May, when I am solo!

I agree about HEA, I enjoy it but it is low priority for us after watching it several times. It doesn’t evoke the same emotions as Wishes and I am fine seeing it only once a trip now and even from afar it is okay!

Enjoyed your TR!

I'm very impressed how Disney handles allergies at the dessert parties. I did the Star Wars one in August and there was a little boy, maybe 5, at the table next to me. He had a severe egg allergy and got a special box of treats. He was so, so excited that there was so many options in the box for him. I want to say there were ten different snacks for him and he was showing them all to me. :rotfl: His Mom told me he rarely gets to eat sweets so this was a real treat for him. I also know that the chef will come out and take you through the buffet to let you know what you can and cannot have.

I think seeing HEA via the dessert party the first two times really spoiled me. I liked the show a lot but the thought of watching it pressed in with the crowds just doesn't appeal to me.

Sure looks like this trip was so much fun! Even if it was cold a lot of the time.
Not sure if we will do HEA dessert party. Dang, there is so much good stuff there. Maybe too much!
When I saw those Mickey oreos in the first picture, I KNEW there would be at least one on your plate...lol!

23 more days for us and I am getting so anxious!

Glad to hear you are out of harm's way for Florence. I can't imagine being in the path of such disaster.

The best part of the HEA dessert party is that uncrowded Garden Plaza view. Both times I did the dessert party, there was lots of room to move around. I'm really spoiled now and am not sure if I could watch the show crammed in with everyone.

At this point it looks like we might get some rain on Sunday from the hurricane but it's not supposed to amount to anything.

I am with Jim in liking the Speedway. Many don't but I do.

The HEA dessert party looks really good. I have only ever done the Star Wars one. I loved Wishes but I think HEA takes the cake. There is more pyro, and the projections add a lot. I also think the Tink part is much better in HEA than in Wishes.

I do like the Speedway myself but I don't ride it often because the gasoline smell makes me nauseous and gives me a headache. I will only do it with a FP or a very short line so I can get in and out quickly. My favorite time to ride it is during late EMHs. I rode it at 1 am once and was just giggling uncontrollably the whole time.

The HEA dessert party is worth it just for the viewing area. I really spoiled myself the first two times I saw HEA by booking the dessert party. I think the reason I'm not as fond of HEA is because there is just too much to see and it overloads my brain. :rotfl2: I do agree that the Tink part is a bit better at HEA, it's a much more dramatic entrance than it was during Wishes.

Congrats on doing the 5K! DH, DD24, DD19 and I are all doing the 5K this January! It's our 1st time! I was inspired by seeing everyone with their medals this past January!
One question on the route! What the heck is SP? We've googled, look at maps and everything and can't figure it out!

Good luck on your first 5K! I loved doing the Disney one and I'm planning on doing the Wine and Dine 5K in 2019.

OK, I have no idea exactly what I was trying to say there. :rotfl: I think it was a typo and should have said SE for Spaceship Earth, not SP. But the sentence still didn't make much sense so I went back and revised the post. Basically, you turn left BEFORE Spaceship Earth and go by the Character Spot and then to the left towards Figment. We circled around in front of the Land (where I met Horace) and then back out of that area.

Hi! Thanks for reading along. I'm surprised we didn't spot each other because I'm always on the lookout for D~s bags when I'm at the parks. I really think it was a combination of the marathon and the cold that kept the crowds away that morning.

I can't remember which bag I was wearing!! I think it was the DDButt backpack, which I guess is not as recognizable at first glance as the crossbodies! I am also surprised I didn't notice your bag either!! We were terrified that MK would be slammed because of the marathon. We left POFQ early, got through TTC, and arrived at MK at 8:30! There was no one on our POFQ bus! We ended up talking to a CM who said that the thought people were expecting big transportation issues so they stayed away until closer to lunch. Apparently they worked out some transportation issues between 2017 and 2018 so it ran so much more smoothly! Regardless, I am so grateful! We did BTMRR x3, Haunted Mansion, PP Flight, Pirates, and Space Mtn all before 11 if I recall!!

Good luck on your first 5K! I loved doing the Disney one and I'm planning on doing the Wine and Dine 5K in 2019.

OK, I have no idea exactly what I was trying to say there. :rotfl: I think it was a typo and should have said SE for Spaceship Earth, not SP. But the sentence still didn't make much sense so I went back and revised the post. Basically, you turn left BEFORE Spaceship Earth and go by the Character Spot and then to the left towards Figment. We circled around in front of the Land (where I met Horace) and then back out of that area.
LOL, SE makes SOOOOO much more sense! Now we have a bit better idea of the route! We've looked at a few different maps, but reading it helps! :thanks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter