Hanging up my running shoes

Hey, I have a Training Journal!!
tenor.gif

We took 2 weeks off after completing our Mouse Challenge and did our first shake off the cobwebs run on Sunday. 3 miles at a speedy (for us) pace. Mostly just wanted to see how I felt going a bit faster. Answer?
Exhausted-Gif.gif

Regardless, we are back on the running bandwagon and ALSO the low-carb bandwagon. UGH!! I gained 10 pounds over the last few months and need to get things back under control ASAP!!

I'm a little uncertain what I want to do going forward with training/goals/races etc. So, for now, we are just going to do some running and play things by ear. I do know I need to get a half-marathon on the books somewhere to try and get a new decent PoT for Disney races (because, let's face it, we all know I'll be back) as the one we have is expiring soon.

I'm also not sure what to do about this journal. On February 1, I will have had this thing going for 3 years!!!

tenor.gif

So, I may take a break from regular posting on it and just pop in occasionally to update when something meaningful is happening. Who knows? Not me...
giphy.gif

So, in the event I don't post here anymore...
77Nf.gif

In the event I do...
tenor.gif

:rotfl2:

I TOLD YOU I WOULDN'T ABANDON THIS COMPLETELY!!
885.gif

So, how has training been going? Um..... It's been really cold here okay???
giphy.gif

So, yeah, we haven't run very much. We've run a few times, but we've not done a good job of being consistent AT ALL. So, how do I solve that? Get a race on the books right?
rgf60v5q59bb0d8cceca3358144401_310x171.gif

So, I just got us registered for our local St. Patty's run, the Shamrox 15K on March 16. We've run this race a few times and it's always a good time with some free beer at the end and a St. Patty's Day party. I don't have any time goals for this thing since we basically haven't been training at all. :) Just want to have some fun and get something out there to motivate me. Hoping the weather is a bit better this year than it has been in recent years where it's been cold and rainy. But, mid-March, you never know.

Also, I feel pretty confident THIS is going to happen

winedineSMALL.jpg

It coincides with a long weekend for the girls, so they've agreed to run the 10k (Sophie) and the half (Paige) with us. Paige will probably do the challenge. So, I'm really excited to have them experience a runDisney event with us. Now I just have to get them to train this summer.
runningisimpossible.gif

I booked Shades of Green for us to stay this time and thinking we might hit the last halloween party of the year of November 1. So, that's exciting!!

We are also going back to Disney on March 9. Gotta get our money out of those APs... :rotfl:

How fun that the girls are planning on running with you! They are going to get hooked. :)

I hope you get good weather for your St. Paddy's Day run! And yeah...I am over this cold weather. OVER IT.

How fun that the girls are planning on running with you! They are going to get hooked. :)

I hope you get good weather for your St. Paddy's Day run! And yeah...I am over this cold weather. OVER IT.

I should be scared about them getting hooked. I'm not sure I can afford to keep them and me in runDisney races for long.

I hate weather. It's going to be near 60 later today and then calling for ice storm tomorrow.

5671a82cbad59f9a6df2c664a36764c0a597d7bac2538b18fedc3a37127bc34d.jpg

YAYYYYY! So excited you are still posting and that you will be at W&D. My mom and I just reserved our room yesterday. I hope the weather starts to turn around for y'all soon, but I am cracking up at the groundhog meme. :rotfl:

I should be scared about them getting hooked. I'm not sure I can afford to keep them and me in runDisney races for long.
True, that's a lot of race registrations to buy! :faint:

Mr. A and I were discussing a potential future diaper dash and I was like "it's only $20 or something, so cheap!" and he goes "that's what they want you to think...hook 'em in while they're young." And I'm just like "...oh." :eek:
I hate weather. It's going to be near 60 later today and then calling for ice storm tomorrow.

5671a82cbad59f9a6df2c664a36764c0a597d7bac2538b18fedc3a37127bc34d.jpg
e358242d43f271d1c10d55793aa1672e.jpg

I love that the girls will be running with you- you guys are the coolest parents!!

Please tell us alllll about your trip in a couple weeks. :)

Mr. A and I were discussing a potential future diaper dash and I was like "it's only $20 or something, so cheap!" and he goes "that's what they want you to think...hook 'em in while they're young." And I'm just like "...oh." :eek:

We had this discussion as well. I wanted to make it a grown up only trip, now I'm bringing two kids and "only $20" is now plus food, plus better lodging, plus Halloween party tickets. They need to get a job to pay for their own Disney love.

We had this discussion as well. I wanted to make it a grown up only trip, now I'm bringing two kids and "only $20" is now plus food, plus better lodging, plus Halloween party tickets. They need to get a job to pay for their own Disney love.
Oh no, Disney got you!! Good-bye money! :rotfl2:

YAYYYYY! So excited you are still posting and that you will be at W&D. My mom and I just reserved our room yesterday. I hope the weather starts to turn around for y'all soon, but I am cracking up at the groundhog meme. :rotfl:

Stupid groundhog! I'm excited you are going to be at W&D. Hope we get to meet up at some point.

Woooo! Can’t wait for wine and dine!

:cool1::drinking1
True, that's a lot of race registrations to buy! :faint:

e358242d43f271d1c10d55793aa1672e.jpg

Nobody can accuse runDisney of being stupid. They know how to get you!

I love that the girls will be running with you- you guys are the coolest parents!!

Please tell us alllll about your trip in a couple weeks. :)

Will do. It's a short trip in March, but I'm very excited!

That's like our logic of having our APs. It's almost like Disney is PAYING us to go. :rotfl:

Oh no, Disney got you!! Good-bye money! :rotfl2:

It's diabolical really.
giphy.gif

Yah for more Disney trips and races. I feel you on winter. We got a very wet storm on Tuesday and then it froze last night so all the sidewalks are a sheet of ice. Only 34 days till Spring.

That's like our logic of having our APs. It's almost like Disney is PAYING us to go. :rotfl:

That was my logic in going by myself- I have an AP to use, they do not. Clearly it makes sense for me to go- without those lacking an AP.

You're so close to going back to Disney. I'm not at all jealous as it's currently "feels like 18" in DC -- and I know that's balmy compared to a lot of places! Have so much fun!

Look Who’s Back

rN2fqYW.gif

Well, as you know, I sort of put this training journal to sleep for awhile since I was really unsure of what I wanted to do with my running and goals and was just feeling a bit burned out by the whole thing and thought I'd just play it by ear.

Guess what? Turns out I didn’t do so well without some accountability.

giphy.gif

So, yeah, basically my running has been very hit and miss over the last few months. I’ve had a mountain of excuses…

tenor.gif

With which I will not bore you.

BUT, it’s spring finally. I have reluctantly faced the fact that I’ve lost some fitness and found some weight…

giphy.gif

As I think I mentioned already, I have a new Disney race on the books though, Wine and Dine 2019 Two Course Challenge and my two daughters doing their first runDisney events, so I frankly just have to snap out of this and get serious.

giphy.gif

So, yeah, I’m resurrecting this journal in the hopes it helps me recommit to all kinds of things.

200_d.gif

So, yeah…

giphy.gif

Lot’s to update on, so I’ll do that in just a bit. Plus, I never did a little report on our short spring break trip with our girls which was fun, but now stupid Flickr is insisting I pay them too for picture hosting. UGH. So, I need to get something figured out with pictures. I have no decent plan in place for training and honestly not sure still what I want to do on that. But, hey, what’s a journal for right?

giphy.gif

Lot’s to update on, so I’ll do that in just a bit. Plus, I never did a little report on our short spring break trip with our girls which was fun, but now stupid Flickr is insisting I pay them too for picture hosting. UGH. So, I need to get something figured out with pictures. I have no decent plan in place for training and honestly not sure still what I want to do on that. But, hey, what’s a journal for right?
The boards will soon be getting an update that will make posting pictures a bit easier however I believe still limited to 10 per post like it is now.

The boards will soon be getting an update that will make posting pictures a bit easier however I believe still limited to 10 per post like it is now.

When I edited my title, I saw on my first page that my photobucket pictures seem to have reappeared now with an obnoxious watermark on them, but they are at least back. Maybe I need to check back on what they are doing now before I pay Flickr.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!