Hanging up my running shoes

And the Schedule is pretty much SET!!
3o6EhDRMFQHWJ7dRMA.gif

I had pretty good success with my FP scheduling this weekend and after a little bit of maneuvering of things earlier today, I think I've got a pretty workable schedule for marathon weekend. Here we go as it stands currently...

Wednesday 1/9
Arrive MCO 11:15

Check into Beach Club and get lunch at ESPN grill before heading to the Expo.
Easy evening at the resort. Probably just something from the Marketplace, get some drinks at Hurricane Hannahs and relax around the resort

Thursday 1/10 - Animal Kingdom
FPs for Expedition Everest, Dinosaur and Flight of Passage
Mid-day break for lunch at Beaches and Cream
Dinner ADR at Tiffins

Friday 1/11 - DHS
10K race and then headed to Hollywood Studios
FPs for RnR, Tower of Terror and Slinky Dog
HH meetup with Dissers
Dinner reservation at Brown Derby

Saturday 1/12 - Magic Kingdom
Spectating the half on Main Street
ADR breakfast at the Wave
FPs for Haunted Mansion, BTMRR and Jungle Cruise

Sunday 1/13 - MARATHON
No parks on this day. Plan to head to Disney Springs late afternoon/evening
ADR for dinner at Morimoto

Monday 1/14 - Epcot
FPs for Frozen Ever After, SSE and Nemo (I wanted to do Mickey and Friends but it's Tier 1 ugh!!) I like FEA, so decided to go with these and hopefully score a 4th FP for the meet-up.
Meet up with Dissers for DATW (and Pandamonium 2019)
ADR lunch at Via Napoli with Dissers
Dinner ADR at Flying Fish - It's our 30th wedding anniversary celebratory dinner!

Tuesday 1/15 - AK and MK
FPs for FoP, Dinosaur and EE
ADR dinner at California Grill
Finish out our park days with a view of the fireworks from the rooftop deck. And, it's Chris' birthday too!!

Wednesday 1/16 - Time to go home. :sad1:

But first breakfast ADR at Tratoria el Forno

We've got a few days with some afternoon breaks that I'm hoping to take advantage of that Epcot proximity and stroll over there from Beach Club. I'm pretty pleased with how things sit now and think it should be a great trip. Just hoping the crowds are a bit more manageable this time around and that the weather is a touch warmer than last year...not too hot to race, but warm enough not to need a stocking cap and gloves!

IT'S A TRAINING UPDATE!!!
11/26/18 - 12/2/18
tenor.gif

Yes, it's true, a full week of training!! So, you may remember I had some elective surgery the last part of October and had to take time off running, so for the last couple of weeks I've been easing back into it. I certainly won't be in prime shape for our Disney marathon weekend, but given that my goals are merely to finish upright and have fun, I can hopefully get myself there by the time our trip rolls around. So, let's talk running!!
giphy.gif

I actually started back running on the 18th, but it was a bit sporadic, so I'll just start with this past week since it was more consistent...if low in mileage. We did run 4 miles on Saturday and 5 miles on the Sunday prior to this week as well, so slowing trying to get re-established. I've basically tried to reverse engineer my Chicago Dopeybadger plan while taking it easier to be sure I don't overdue while trying to build my fitness back up.

MONDAY 11/26 - Rest day.
TUESDAY 11/27 - 3 miles at Easy/LR. I'd originally planned this and the Thursday run to be 4 miles, but I had early work meetings both days and had to cut them short. Felt good with an overall pace of 11:44. That's a bit fast, but Chris has been running some without me and running a touch faster and I've just been following his pace.
giphy.gif

WEDNESDAY 11/28 - Rest day
THURSDAY 11/29 - 3 miles again at Easy/LR. Pace 11:41.
FRIDAY 11/30 - Rest day
SATURDAY 12/1 - 6 miles at Easy/LR. Pace 12:08. Nice run. Legs felt good and strong. Temps were amazing for December. Upper 50s, so I ran in shorts which is awesome. However, that evening we had some severe storms roll through with HIGH winds and some chillier temps. Blew my Christmas decorations all over the place.
tumblr_n0bm4413Uv1qmialro1_500.gif

SUNDAY 12/2 - Very windy day, but the temps were manageable if much cooler than Saturday. Ran on our trail route, so that helped provide some shielding from the wind. 7 miles at Easy/LR pace. Overall pace 12:11. Originally planned this for 8 miles, but I was fatiguing a bit toward the end and want to be careful not to push too far too soon, so we cut it a bit short. But I honestly think I should have gone ahead and done the 8. I felt fine afterward with no soreness in my legs at all.

Plan right now is to max out with a weekend duo of 9/13 miles on December 22/23. I'm not going to push pace much on this if I'm feeling too much fatigue and hopeful that by getting to this point, I can survive the Mouse Challenge well enough on Marathon weekend.

It's barely over a month away!!! WHOA!!! Made my final payment on our hotel this past week, so it's very much getting real now. I can't wait!!!

Disney_World_-_Entrance_sign_-_by_inkiboo.jpg

Looks like a nice first week of training!

I’m so scared too! Why is a second marathon sounding so much scarier than the first! I’m not sure if last year was “ignorance is bliss,” but I’m trying to stay calm. I actually have to register today or tomorrow to get the W&D discount....I think! Eek!

I’m happy and scared that marathon weekend is only a month-ish away. I’m definitely in the boat of finishing and having fun this year. Life gets in the way and training just hasn’t been what I want it to be for Dopey.

I'm just not sure how it got so close so quickly. It's always this way. It seems like it's forever away for so long and suddenly...BOOM...it's nearly here.

Looks like a nice first week of training!

I’m so scared too! Why is a second marathon sounding so much scarier than the first! I’m not sure if last year was “ignorance is bliss,” but I’m trying to stay calm. I actually have to register today or tomorrow to get the W&D discount....I think! Eek!

Ignorance is bliss, indeed. I'm just looking to avoid a death march at the end. :D

IT'S NEARLY CHRISTMAS!!!!!
tenor.gif

WHICH MEANS IT'S ALMOST WDW MARATHON WEEKEND TIME!!!
giphy.gif

TRAINING UPDATE
12/3 - 12-9
Still working to try and get some distance up as best I can in advance of the race. This week pushed it up quite a bit from where I'd been, so was hopeful that I'd survive okay...

K9QtY3.gif

MONDAY 12/3 - Rest day. My legs felt just fine after our 6 & 7 mile runs over the weekend, so I took that as a good sign as we moved up the mileage this week.
TUESDAY 12/4 - 5.5 miles with a mini-semi-tempo section. :D Pace really isn't a concern for me right now, so the majority of miles are just at Easy/LR pace, but thought I'd slip in a few miles here in there a bit faster. So did 2 miles at LR + 1 mile at a semi-tempo (2:00/:30) and then 2 miles at LR. Felt good. No problems doing the 2:00/:30 intervals. Avg pace 11:51.
giphy.gif

WEDNESDAY 12/5 - Rest day.
tenor.gif

THURSDAY 12/6 - 4.5 miles at Easy/LR. Avg pace 12:09. It was COLD!!! But once we got going, it was a good run. But, man, it took a lot of effort to force ourselves out there!
you-did-it-elf-gif.gif

FRIDAY 12/7 - Rest day
SATURDAY 12/8 - Busy day!! The girls had color guard practice all day, so we decided it was a good day to try and knock out a bunch of Christmas shopping, but first we needed to get a run in!!!
giphy.gif

7 miles at Easy/LR pace. Nice run. Chris and I blabbed at each other the entire time, so it went by really fast. Average pace 11:59. After getting cleaned up we headed out to shop and the mall was, of course, insane. But, I actually really enjoyed it for some strange reason. Got me very much in the Christmas spirit.
giphy.gif

We got a lot of additional Christmas shopping done. I'm nearly done!!! Of course, the problem when I finish early is that I end up spending more money because I think I need to keep shopping. LOL
tenor.gif

SUNDAY 12/9 - 10.5 miles at Easy/LR. Freaking COLD again. It was 20 degrees when we started with a feels like 12. BRRRRRRR!!!
4bRy.gif

But, we layered up and after the first mile or so, the sun started coming out and it wasn't bad at all. Avg pace 12:12. It was supposed to be 10 miles, but I mapped the course out a bit long, so oops. I was tiring some at the end, but overall this felt pretty good and helped me to get some confidence regarding the upcoming races. Legs feel good, although just a bit tired today, but it doesn't appear I lost too much fitness during the month or so I was off from running.

The rest of Sunday was very nice. I cooked up a big pot of chili
giphy.gif

We watched the CHIEFS win a nail-biter against the Ravens - Patrick Mahomes throwing arm is insane, y'all.
giphy.gif

And I wrapped a few gifts even (which I normal wait to do until the last minute and then stress myself out about it)
tenor.gif

Total mileage for the week - a respectable 27.5. Got one more long back-to-back weekend planned on 12/22 & 12/23 of 9 and 13 and hoping that's enough to have us fit enough to finish the Mouse Challenge. I'm keeping up only the best attitude in advance of our trip!!
giphy.gif

This update brought to you, obviously, by Buddy the Elf, in honor of my favorite Christmas movie. :D

We love Elf!!! We usually watch that, A Christmas Story and The Polar Express on Christmas Eve.

Great job getting back into training. It doesn’t sound like you lost any fitness after your time off!

We love Elf!!! We usually watch that, A Christmas Story and The Polar Express on Christmas Eve.

Great job getting back into training. It doesn’t sound like you lost any fitness after your time off!

I love Elf so much. :lovestruc

I'm feeling very fortunate so far on the training. So far so good on the road back.

WE'RE INCREDIBLE
original.gif

A few months back, I ordered custom outfits from iGlow Running on Etsy for our marathon race. It's the first time I've done legit costumes as it were for a race, so I'm pretty stinking excited about it. We went with old school ElastiGirl and Mr. Incredible. Voila!

Mr. Incredible will just be wearing black shorts with this. I don't think I could persuade Chris to go with little blue briefs and black tights. :D

Of course, I can't say much as I'm wearing a white skirt rather than little shorty white shorts. I'm loving the arm sleeves and calf sleeves to mimic her gloves and boots. I have red shoes I've been saving for the race too. Now just hoping the weather will be warm enough to let us show these off. I'm going to buy a red long-sleeve tech shirt though just in case!!

I'm really happy to have these and the quality is great!

OMG how cute are you two going to be?? Can't wait to see pics...I hope you run into the Incredibles on the course!!

WE'RE INCREDIBLE
original.gif

A few months back, I ordered custom outfits from iGlow Running on Etsy for our marathon race. It's the first time I've done legit costumes as it were for a race, so I'm pretty stinking excited about it. We went with old school ElastiGirl and Mr. Incredible. Voila!

Mr. Incredible will just be wearing black shorts with this. I don't think I could persuade Chris to go with little blue briefs and black tights. :D

Of course, I can't say much as I'm wearing a white skirt rather than little shorty white shorts. I'm loving the arm sleeves and calf sleeves to mimic her gloves and boots. I have red shoes I've been saving for the race too. Now just hoping the weather will be warm enough to let us show these off. I'm going to buy a red long-sleeve tech shirt though just in case!!

I'm really happy to have these and the quality is great!
Love the outfits!

Great job running when it's cold out! Winter running has its cons but I think it's growing on me.

I'm so excited to live the marathon weekend through your posts. I'm having some regrets about not signing up and still daydreaming that I could make it work. Skipping allowed me to go back to Europe this year and to Australia next, so don't feel sorry for me.

One more thing....
807B7DA1-ED59-48DC-875F-F76DD7901666.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!