Hanging up my running shoes

"Now that's old school."

"No school like the old school."

Legendary Disney animators Frank Thomas and Ollie Johnston in their cameo appearance in The Incredibles.

Awesome costumes!

OMG how cute are you two going to be?? Can't wait to see pics...I hope you run into the Incredibles on the course!!

Love the outfits!

Love the costumes!

Great job running when it's cold out! Winter running has its cons but I think it's growing on me.

I'm so excited to live the marathon weekend through your posts. I'm having some regrets about not signing up and still daydreaming that I could make it work. Skipping allowed me to go back to Europe this year and to Australia next, so don't feel sorry for me.

One more thing....
View attachment 369873

LOVE the costumes!!

Thanks, all! I tried it on this weekend and it fits great. The belt isn't attached to the shirt though, so that's kinda weird and I worry if it will stay put. I'm going to take it for a run soon to see how it does. Likely on a treadmill since BRRRRR around here!! I might tack down the belt with some stitches as long as I can still get it over my shoulders!

Thanks, all! I tried it on this weekend and it fits great. The belt isn't attached to the shirt though, so that's kinda weird and I worry if it will stay put. I'm going to take it for a run soon to see how it does. Likely on a treadmill since BRRRRR around here!! I might tack down the belt with some stitches as long as I can still get it over my shoulders!
Maybe safety pins if you can't get it over your shoulders? It would be a pain to pin it in place at like 3AM on the morning of the race though... :scratchin Sew on velcro tabs and you can velcro it into place after you put the shirt on?

Maybe safety pins if you can't get it over your shoulders? It would be a pain to pin it in place at like 3AM on the morning of the race though... :scratchin Sew on velcro tabs and you can velcro it into place after you put the shirt on?

Good ideas! Maybe the velcro would work. I mean it might be fine as is, I'm just starting to get hyped up about race weekend and thus obsessing about things. :D

And speaking of obsessing...

I've already had people on the Marathon thread talk me off the edge on buying this tote today, but I keep going back to look at it....

Dooney-and-Bourke-Run-Disney-Purses.png

I don't know where I've been, but it hasn't been checking journals....

So glad your training is going well and your outfits are GREAT!!

See you in like...oh.... THREE WEEKS!!!! AHHHH!!!

WE REALLY DO HAVE A DISNEY PROBLEM
2014officespace15.gif

A tale about how some simple discussion about how best to watch the Chief's playoff game on Saturday of Marathon Weekend turned into another Disney trip.

Step 1 - Recognize that Chiefs play on Saturday afternoon - the day we had planned to watch the fireworks at MK
Step 2 - Decide that maybe we try to buy just a one day MK pass so that we can go to MK after the marathon (not initially a park day) to celebrate and watch fireworks instead
Step 3 - Price out ticket and then think maybe we do an additional 2 days so we can also go to a park on arrival day
Step 4 - Price out cost of annual pass upgrade. Rationalize by counting in free memory maker and additional days and various discounts. It's a break-even right? Or pretty close...
Step 5 - We'd been discussing a short trip over spring break as our daughters are going to Disney for a band competition
Step 6 - Hey! We have annual passes (that have now paid for themselves). If we go to Disney for part of spring break, we can see girls compete and enjoy a bonus trip
Step 7 - Trying to keep costs down, looking to stay at Pop Century and hoping for military discount
Step 8 - Call to try and get military discount at Pop, but none available. :( But in looking at our account we had a unique discount code (PIN I think they might be called) which she applied! Look! We are SAVING money!! :)
Step 9 - Seek counseling for our obsessive compulsive Disney problem

giphy.gif

That is hilarious! When is your spring break? We will be there Mar 31 - Apr 7.

Bummer, no overlap. We have early spring break here. We'll be at Disney from March 9-13.

Step 10 - check and see if your Spring Break trip overlaps with Star Wars race weekend
Step 11 - register for Star Wars race weekend

No luck there. Or maybe that IS good luck. LOL

Well duh. You have to be the good parents and suffer WDW to support your daughters band! The things we do for our kids :D

Exactly! I hope they realize the tremendous sacrifice we are making.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!