Hanging up my running shoes

Back to Spring Break
source.gif

We were headed to Animal Kingdom to enjoy our favorite park! It was EMH this morning, so we were up bright and early. Hit up a quick breakfast at the QS in Pop Century and then got in the car to drive over to Animal Kingdom. We got there crazy early. They hadn't even started bag check up yet. LOL. Maybe too carried away here. But, eventually they opened for EMH (about 15 minutes early actually so like 7:45) and we joined the mad rush to FoP. It was actually pretty orderly. We probably only waited about 10 minutes after walking forever to get through the line. Then on to Navi River Journey. Still boring, but pretty also. Then we were headed to ride the Safari. But, it was shut down. Boo. So we grabbed some coffee at Starbucks and then headed for our first FP for Expedition Everest. By this time, the park was open and the line for FoP was all the way down to Starbucks. YIKES!!! Chris did ride EE with me and immediately regretted it. Poor guy. Then we headed for Dinosaur and found it wasn't open. I read somewhere on here that lately they are delaying opening this ride sometimes which really annoys me. So, of the main attraction rides outside of Avatar the 3 I would ride (EE, Dinosaur and Safari) 2 of the 3 were not running. So, we headed to see UP! We'd not seen this show since they changed it from Flights of Wonder. I'd heard some bad reviews, but we actually enjoyed it.

Thought these were cute too.

Eventually we did get our rides on Dinosaur and Safari and grabbed a quick lunch at Restaurantosaurus. And headed toward the exit. We did see Kevin wandering around the park some and thought maybe this was new. She was really cool actually and had some cute interactions with people.

We relaxed and napped at the hotel some while texting the girls who were getting close to arrival at the World! Yay. They were pretty exhausted and ready to arrive. We headed back out to a dinner reservation at The Wave. Solid meal with good service then walked back over to MK. We rode some rides (I don't remember what :) ) and relaxed before heading over early to stake out a spot to watch HEA. We are growing to LOVE this show and wanted to get a prime spot. We ended up right beside the partner's statue. We were there probably 90 minutes before the show but it wasn't a bad wait at all. We were able to sit until maybe 30 minutes before when they asked everyone to stand. The night was beautiful and the view was incredible. We took very few pictures because we just wanted to enjoy it, but Chris managed a couple of good ones.

It was worth every minute of the wait. This time we just hung out until the crowds dispersed and then made our way to the parking lot and back to the hotel. The girls were all settled and we had a plan to go pick them and some friends up the next morning to get the jump on their first park day.

Looks like a fun day! Crowds over those spring break times at AK seemed to be nuts and yeah I don't understand why they don't have Dinosaur running full hours.

Fun day at AK and evening at MK!
Getting to the park early for FOP is SO worth it, I will forever be thankful for your recommendation to us during marathon weekend to rope drop FOP so we could ride it 2x instead of rope dropping NRJ. :)
Poor Chris on EE... what a trooper.

I really liked HEA too! Awesome viewing location!

I love the Dug statue too! It reminds me of Barkley so I always get a picture with him. LOL. Animal Kingdom is quickly becoming one of my favorite parks too!

I just got back from a very steamy trip to the World, and I have to say, I agree with you - Animal Kingdom is my favorite park!

Looks like a fun day! Crowds over those spring break times at AK seemed to be nuts and yeah I don't understand why they don't have Dinosaur running full hours.

It was a great day!

Fun day at AK and evening at MK!
Getting to the park early for FOP is SO worth it, I will forever be thankful for your recommendation to us during marathon weekend to rope drop FOP so we could ride it 2x instead of rope dropping NRJ. :)
Poor Chris on EE... what a trooper.

I really liked HEA too! Awesome viewing location!

It's totally worth that early morning wait to get that first in the morning extra ride on FoP. At least we think so. :D

I love the Dug statue too! It reminds me of Barkley so I always get a picture with him. LOL. Animal Kingdom is quickly becoming one of my favorite parks too!

It DOES look a lot like Barkley! I almost hate now much more popular Pandora has made AK. I liked that a lot of people would skip it or only spend half a day before, But, overall, I'm just glad they invested a group new land into that park.

I just got back from a very steamy trip to the World, and I have to say, I agree with you - Animal Kingdom is my favorite park!

I'm loving all the AK love!!

We interrupt reports on my previous vacation to talk about my NEXT vacations!
tumblr_mpqkgysU0x1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

My current quest in life appears to be either on vacation or planning a vacation or vacations at all possible moments. So, in light of that, here's what's happening in the world of Zellyb's vacation agenda!!!

Vacation #1

Summer trip back to Disneyworld!!!
source.gif

This trip wasn't even my idea. :D Chris decided we shouldn't let those APs go to waste and we had such an amazing family trip to Disney last summer with the girls that we decided to go for a repeat. So, back we go from July 6-13. We are staying at Shades of Green again and flying in on Allegiant so we can at least keep some of the cost down. I've been checking for discounts on those dates because we'd love to stay at the Contemporary, but so far I just can't justify that cost, still, I'm pretty excited about it. We've got the girls' military tickets on order and airfare and hotel are booked. Dining reservations made (including a California Grill dinner for my BIRTHDAY!) and now just waiting for that FP+ window. I'm hoping maybe the crowds will be manageable as they were last summer and maybe people will delaying arriving until Star Wars opening in August.

Vacation #2
You guys already know we are going for Wine and Dine race weekend with our girls.

IcyTartAntbear-size_restricted.gif

OK, no wine for my girls. :D

Planning to arrive October 31 and leave on Tuesday the 5th. Shades of Green is reserved again for this one. I need to get online and pay for an extra party ticket for Sophia since she's only running the 10k and I also really want to go to the Halloween party on November 1, so need to bite the bullet and buy those too. Disney? Just take all my money already... I don't have airfare booked yet for that but we will probably fly commercial for that one because I have a lot of reward points on my Chase visa that could pay for that. Really hoping for redemption on this race since the first time we tried to run it was the year of the storms and they delayed start and shortened course. So, fingers crossed this one goes well! Also looking forward to some Dis Meetups on this weekend too!

Vacation #3
Cruising, baybee!!!
tenor.gif

We are sailing away January 19-25 on the Carnival Horizon out of Miami. Woohoo!!! We have one other couple friend already booked with us and three other couples contemplating it. So, I'm hopeful this will be a fun, group vacation with some good friends. We are booked in the Havana Cabana rooms which is a separate section of the ship with a reserved pool/hot tub/bar area, so not nearly as crowded and adults only. The room also has it's own private little patio section.

hsxl.jpg

1471dda0ee78bd99ee22065afbb53d14.jpg

I'm pretty stinking excited about it. The only downside? We've opted for this vacation and are going to take a break from Marathon Weekend. :sad1: I'm really sad about missing it (and especially seeing Dissers and DATW), but with vacations #1 & #2 listed above, we are probably going to be at Disney saturation anyway and time to do something different. I know from experience in skipping Marathon Weekend in 2015, it made the return in 2016 all the better, so I'm hoping that will be true this time as well. It was tough yesterday though with it being early AP registration day to see others signing up and sitting it out. But, I'll just keep looking at images of this ship to keep myself content! That probably needs to suffice for vacation plans for the next year. Now just to obsessively work on planning the details of each. :cool1:

Can't go wrong with Disney! I am thinking I may squeeze a summer trip to WDW in early July in as well.

Can't wait for Wine and Dine! Not sure what I am more excited for DIS meets or everything else.

Definitely will miss you guys at Marathon Weekend but I think a cruise is a fair consolation prize ;)

I was just looking at the Horizon for a future cruise! We were in port with her at Grand Turk. This is my first cruise with Carnival and I’m loving it. I’ve sailed on Royal Caribbean and Disney and I gotta tell ya. Carnival outshines them in many areas. My only complaint is the buffet. It’s small and even though they have four serving stations they all have the same food. There’s so many other food options that make up for it though.

Can't go wrong with Disney! I am thinking I may squeeze a summer trip to WDW in early July in as well.

Can't wait for Wine and Dine! Not sure what I am more excited for DIS meets or everything else.

Definitely will miss you guys at Marathon Weekend but I think a cruise is a fair consolation prize ;)

I was really surprised Chris wanted to go again, but happy as well! I thought the July trip we took was great. HOT, but great. I'm already in mourning about missing marathon weekend. LOL. Need to stay away from the thread today!

I was just looking at the Horizon for a future cruise! We were in port with her at Grand Turk. This is my first cruise with Carnival and I’m loving it. I’ve sailed on Royal Caribbean and Disney and I gotta tell ya. Carnival outshines them in many areas. My only complaint is the buffet. It’s small and even though they have four serving stations they all have the same food. There’s so many other food options that make up for it though.

We've been happy on our Carnival cruises and I was actually really disappointed in the main dining room on Royal. The Horizon looks like a great ship, so I'm stoked to sail on her.

I want to be on that cabana right now.

I know! me too!!!

Training Report 4/8/19 - 4-14-19
tumblr_llqryze32K1qaggjuo1_500.gif

Back to trying for some consistency again in running. It's getting there, but will take a little time to really get back into the groove I think. I'd mentioned that I'm working back to doing :90/:30 intervals and that's been difficult for me, but it's beginning to feel comfortable again. Just trying to take my time with it. Shooting for around an 11:30 pace on that interval, but trying to give myself a break in terms of getting there consistently again. I also have been trying to go more low carb again (to varying degrees of success) and that always takes some time for my body to adapt. Still, I'm feeling good with progress and just need to give it some time to build up.

Monday 4/8 - Nothing. Going back to Monday being a non-running day. This is going to be a core/strength training day, but failure this week. I'm going to force myself next week to add back in my weights and yoga with consistency again. At least that's the plan. :D
Tuesday 4/9 - 3 miles at 90/30. UGH. My legs were like lead on this one. Avg pace 11:52. Not sure what the problem is right now, other than maybe the low carb. I'm definitely not drinking enough water and need to fix that ASAP. The low-carb thing makes me dehydrate quicker, so more water it is!
original.gif

Wednesday 4/10 - Rest day
Thursday 4/11 - 4 miles easy pace. Avg pace 11:51. Still so sluggish. Sigh.
Friday 4/12 - Rest
Saturday 4/13 - 5 miles easy pace. Avg pace 11:37. HEY! This was better. I didn't feel nearly as sluggish, so hopefully I'm adapting a bit more. We had to drive up to Kansas City after our run to help with Chris' mom's move down here. That took most of the rest of the day.
Sunday 4/14 - We are planning for Sundays to be a run day with the girls but the weather was not very cooperative, so no run today. So, not a perfect week, but better than we've been doing to some degree.

Our Galloway group begins running the first weekend in May, so I know that will be helpful. Still trying to decide on a PoT race for Paige to run and found something in June at Whiteman Airforce Base. It's pretty flat and part of it is on the runway and the rest around the base, so should be a pretty good course. There's a 5k also, so I'll likely run that with Sophie while Chris pushes pace a bit with Paige. Need to get more serious with her on preparing for that one.

This may not have been a perfect week, but it sounds like a good start! Getting back to a consistent place is hard, but you're definitely on the right track.

It's so infuriating how it takes so long to get in shape and then so little time to just lose it, isn't it? Sounds like a good start!

I'm interested to hear how low carb you go. I'm trying to lessen my "empty" carb intake, but I also just had a toaster waffle for breakfast. So, baby steps?

Wow! I haven't posted here since April. Yikes!

So, first of all, I do check in to the forums some, but I'm a bit hit and miss on reading threads and journals.

So, a quick update on me.

1. I AM training. But not really enthusiastically. But whatever, it's going okay I suppose.

I just can't seem to get my drive back, so while I am running and I am serving as a leader for our Galloway group, I'm honestly just doing the bare-minimum to train for the Wine and Dine half in November.

2. The girls are a mixed bag on training. Paige is doing pretty well (although not running as much as she should). Sophie not so much. We did do a race together up in KC about 10 days ago. Sophie and I ran the 5k and Paige the 10K for her proof of time. She didn't do as well as she'd hoped but good enough to score the E corral most likely and maybe D. She's on the cusp of the likely cut off between the two corrals. The medals were cute. It was a Hero Hustle themed race and the medals were Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Cute! Chris and the girls all got age group awards. Although it was a thin field of runners, so you know. :D

3. I've lost no weight and probably gained some, so yeah, there's that too.

4. I AM excited that we leave for our family WDW trip in 11 days. Woohoo!! We are staying at Shades of Green, but in stalking the AP rates for resorts, I did get a decent rate for a room at the Contemporary for our last two nights. Main tower with a theme park view, so pretty stoked about that. I mean, it's adding a lot to the trip costs, but YOLO.

5. I'm debating doing the Villains after Hours on the 11th but not sure I can stand that price but would be sweet to do it and then just be able to walk back to our hotel. Need to talk to Chris about it.

6. I've done practically no planning for the W&D weekend. No flights yet. No dining planned. No tickets purchased. Sigh.

7. So, yeah, that's it. I'm still here. I'm still running. Hoping for some improvement on my mojo at some point, but for now just trying to run through it.

Miss chatting with you all.

P.S. Since the update to the boards my old method of inserting gifs no longer works. 😢 So excuse my gif-free post.

How exciting that you are heading to WDW so soon! I feel you on the motivation front. I love when the warm weather and longer days come around, but I also can feel my motivation waning.

I was starting to wonder where you were - glad you're back!! Super cute pic of your fam in matching shirts. Yay for WDW trips. Don't be a stranger! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!