Wining, Dining and, oh yeah, some Running - I can't stay away

disneydaydreamer33

DIS Veteran
Glad to see a post from you! Congratulations on your family races! Even just doing the bare minimum is still doing- sometimes that's all we can ask for. I'm sure you'll get that drive back! Have an AMAZING time on your WDW trip! Can't wait to read a report!

ZellyB

DIS Veteran
How exciting that you are heading to WDW so soon! I feel you on the motivation front. I love when the warm weather and longer days come around, but I also can feel my motivation waning.
I can't wait for the trip!!! Dog days of summer always make it hard, but my motivation has been lacking for some time. Hopefully all of us shake out of it soon.
I was starting to wonder where you were - glad you're back!! Super cute pic of your fam in matching shirts. Yay for WDW trips. Don't be a stranger! :-)
Thanks! I love the picture of all of us. We were in front of my BIL's house and he was like, "Hero poses, NOW!"

Glad to see a post from you! Congratulations on your family races! Even just doing the bare minimum is still doing- sometimes that's all we can ask for. I'm sure you'll get that drive back! Have an AMAZING time on your WDW trip! Can't wait to read a report!
Thank you. I do keep telling myself not to get too down. I am still getting out there at least.

rteetz

Rumors and News Moderator
Glad to "see" you posting! Definitely now the feeling of bare minimum training. You'll be fine though! Hoping to maybe run into you guys at WDW coming up here if not I am sure we will meet up at Wine and Dine. Definitely am with you in less planning there. I have my AP and a hotel but no flights and what not. Only thing I do want to get done is checking out Star Wars of course.

• ZellyB

DIS Veteran
    HEY!!!! Remember me? I'm still alive and still training (although poorly) but that's a story for a different post. It's been crazy busy around here this summer so I haven't been reading or posting much but making plans for our Wine and Dine trip (more on that later) got me wanting to get back on here again and what better way to do that than a trip report from our summer trip!!

Follow along if you'd like!!

WDW Summer Extravaganza!

ZellyB

DIS Veteran
    SHORT AND PATHETIC TRAINING UPDATE

Excuse me while I whine a bit. It's been a really tough training session for me. I've had about zero motivation to run (and honestly that goes back to the Chicago marathon) and it's been just sheer force of will and the looming Wine and Dine races that have kept me going.

We own a rental house that we decided to sell and so a few weeks ago we started doing a lot of work on it to get it ready. In the course of doing a lot of painting I managed to strain my back and get a lovely case of sciatica along with it. So, I've barely run in the last three weeks. I did run a little over a week ago with Sophie at a very easy pace for 4 miles (her longest run!) as I'm also panicking about having the girls ready for their races, although getting Sophie to 4 (she's running the 10K) was an accomplishmment. Paige has run 8 at a pretty fast pace and is pretty athletic in general, so hopefully I can push her these last 6 weeks and have her ready as well for the challenge. Anyway, in doing that 4 mile run, I managed to undo any of the progress my back had made, so now I'm back to no running again. It's mildly improved, but still painful and I'm eating anti-inflammatories like Pez. I got a massage which helped some and I'm going to add back in some gentle yoga stretches this week as I'm seeing slight improvement. Anyway, I mostly wanted to just vent a bit here and share my frustration and worry about the races. :( Sigh. It's my own fault for neglecting my core/yoga work for so long, but my self-recrimination isn't making my back better either. Hope I shake out of it soon. I think it's also why I'm just not finding much desire to post much on the boards.

In at least some good news, I spent much of yesterday looking for outfits for the Halloween party and found some cute stuff to do some Disney bounding as Pooh and friends, so that was fun at least. I am looking forward to the trip though and hope I get to see some Dis folks there as well.

rteetz

Rumors and News Moderator
    Completely understand the motivation aspect as I think all of us as runners have been there.

I hope you feel better soon and are back in action just like before! Can’t wait for wine and dine!

• SarahDisney

So ... Yeah
    Yikes! Sorry to hear that you've been having back problems. I hope some rest, relaxation, and taking care of yourself helps and you can be back to running soon.

But yay for Sophie and Paige getting some training in! That 4 mile mark is a big step on the way to the 10K - hopefully Sophie can get to a good place to be race ready by November!

Jules76126

Practically Perfect in Every Way
    Sounds like a rough couple of weeks. I hope you are feeling better soon. Hopefully your mojo will return. You ideas for the Halloween party sound really cute. I love pooh and friends.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates