Hanging up my running shoes

We can pretend this is a running update
giphy.gif

But, mostly it's an excuse to talk about a great weekend I just had. :D

We headed up to Hermann, Missouri this weekend with two other couples to partake in Octoberfest and enjoy the local wineries there. Hermann, MO is an old town in Missouri along the Missouri River that was settled by German immigrants. Over time, it's become a little enclave of wineries producing not-half-bad wine. We rented a great house through AirBnB that is just a few miles outside Hermann and sits right on the Katy Trail. If you don't know about the Katy Trail, the longest rail trail in the country, you should check it out. The house was fantastic and is charmingly called the Buck Snout Lodge

It was awesome. Chris and I got up early Saturday morning and went for a spectacular 6 mile run along the Katy Trail. Lots of mist coming off the river.

Loads of river bottom farm land here with rolling hills in the background.

The Missouri River on one side as we ran

And spectacular bluffs on the other.

After our run, w
e eventually headed into Hermann and our wine tasting saga. We visited 4 different wineries throughout the day. Chris was a trooper and played DD and drove us around. There is a trolley you can take around to the wineries, but it was packed and lines to get on it were LONG. Downtown Hermann.

One of the wineries had a gorgeous view overlooking the river and the day was beautiful. Low 60s and not a cloud in the sky. Eventually we ended up at the local Hermannhoff winery and beer garden where we did a little polka dancing (badly) and enjoyed the atmosphere. You can see as the day progressed I got happier and sloppier. :D

See the old couple in the background in the green. He in lederhosen and she in a matching dirndl? They were in their 70s and come every year. They were so fun! I told them they represent my life goals and he told me, "You should have higher aspirations" ;)

Finished up back at Buck Snout Lodge with some homemade chili and a roaring fire.

If you are ever in the area or even want to make the trip to the area, it's so worth it. It's a tiny little community, so you do need to plan a bit for lodging and such, but it's a great experience and lots of people bike across the state on the Katy Trail with stops like Hermann along the way.

That looks lovely! I love the happier & sloppier progression pics. :D

It looks like you had a fabulous trip!

Ahh! That sounds like a wonderful weekend away! So glad you had a good time :)

What a beautiful location for a weekend getaway! The progression pictures are awesome.

What an awesome getaway! That last picture of the two of you is my favorite!

Diggin' the 'Drink MO' t-shirt :thumbsup2

Thanks all. It was a great trip.

Sorry to be so MIA. I had an elective procedure done and can't run for a bit, so not lots to say, but I did go out and spectate as my hubby, @Chris-Mo , finished up his 12th marathon yesterday, at the Bass Pro Marathon weekend! He finished in 4:44:35. He got a bit fatigued in the last 4-5 miles or so and had to slow a bit, but he did amazing!

I had so much fun spectating. I was able to get to 7 different spots on the course and usually got there about 10-15 minutes ahead of Chris, so I saw a lot of the same runners. I had two signs...

"Free your Mind and Your Legs will Follow"

and

"One day you may fail...but today is NOT that day"

I had a little speaker I carried too and was blasting out upbeat music while I cheered. People seemed to enjoy it and of course may of the runners recognized me at my various stops from previous ones. It was so much fun to get to cheer people on for a change. And way less tiring. :D

Thanks all. It was a great trip.

Sorry to be so MIA. I had an elective procedure done and can't run for a bit, so not lots to say, but I did go out and spectate as my hubby, @Chris-Mo , finished up his 12th marathon yesterday, at the Bass Pro Marathon weekend! He finished in 4:44:35. He got a bit fatigued in the last 4-5 miles or so and had to slow a bit, but he did amazing!

I had so much fun spectating. I was able to get to 7 different spots on the course and usually got there about 10-15 minutes ahead of Chris, so I saw a lot of the same runners. I had two signs...

"Free your Mind and Your Legs will Follow"

and

"One day you may fail...but today is NOT that day"

I had a little speaker I carried too and was blasting out upbeat music while I cheered. People seemed to enjoy it and of course may of the runners recognized me at my various stops from previous ones. It was so much fun to get to cheer people on for a change. And way less tiring. :D

First of all-Way to go Chris!

And great on the cheering ZellyB!! That sounds so awesome and fun!
Heal up fast!
And just so you know, ya'll are one awesome and inspiring couple!!

@Chris-Mo Congrats!

He ran that time after just running Chicago???? Wowzers!!!

Hope you are on the mend and feeling good! It must have been a blast to be on the spectator side of things. It's amazing how much of an energy boost you can get from the spectators.

First of all-Way to go Chris!

And great on the cheering ZellyB!! That sounds so awesome and fun!
Heal up fast!
And just so you know, ya'll are one awesome and inspiring couple!!

Aw thanks. I'm a pretty lucky gal to have Chris for a husband. I'm so proud of him!

Way to go @Chris-Mo!!! Fantastic!!

He did amazing.

Congrats @Chris-Mo!!!!

Hope you're feeling well and on the mend Zelly!

Feeling much better. Thanks.

@Chris-Mo Congrats!

He ran that time after just running Chicago???? Wowzers!!!

Hope you are on the mend and feeling good! It must have been a blast to be on the spectator side of things. It's amazing how much of an energy boost you can get from the spectators.

Right? Pretty good just 3 weeks I think after Chicago. It was so much fun spectating though. I'm looking forward to doing that for the half at Disney in January.

GETTING BACK OUT THERE!
giphy.gif

Still can't start running yet, but was cleared to go for some walks, so we got out there this morning for a nice little 2 mile walk. It felt so good to get moving again. YAY! One more week or so and I can start some easy runs again, so that's pretty great. Decided to take these two along.

They loved it. Need to find time to get out and walk with them some more!

Tomorrow is FP+ day for me!! Can't believe we are only 60 days away from heading back to our happy place. WOOHOO!!! I've got my plan all laid out and ready to execute bright and early tomorrow.

ETA: OOPS, just checked and FP day isn't until Saturday morning. BOO!

Last edited:
Happy Veteran's Day
213492-Disney-Thank-You-Veterans-Quote.jpg

Still not much to report on the training front but hopefully this week we start getting back to it. In the meantime, we had a really nice Veteran's Day weekend. We headed up to Kansas City to visit with @Chris-Mo 's mom and see our friends as well as go to a Chiefs game. WOOHOO!! We took our two daughters and one of their friends along. I did manage to get my FP+ done on Saturday morning as well. Didn't go quite perfectly with times, but I can hopefully make some adjustments over the next few weeks. I still mostly got everything I wanted though.

It was a gorgeous day for a football game with pretty sunny skies and temps in the mid-40s and we got to see a lot of Veterans honored as well as seeing some people parachute in before the game and a three-jet flyover as well. All good fun stuff!

Not to mention, we got to see the Chiefs win and move their record to 9-1. Now comes the big showdown with the 9-1 Rams in Mexico City next Monday night!!

And, I can't let a Veteran's Day go by without wishing a Happy Veteran's Day to my favorite retired Army National Guard Captain, Chris! Love you, soldier boy!!
https://flic.kr/p/2bK61TW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!