Winging it with No Dinning Plan! A Feb. Trip Report

Day Four: Rope Drop?

After our late night at Magic Kingdom, I must have mentioned a million times about needing to get Hollywood Studios for for rope drop. I booked fastpasses for Rock'n Rollercoaster since we were hoping Gwen would be tall enough to ride this time. Which meant if we wanted to ride Toy Story Mania we needed to do that first thing.

Here is our schedule / cheat sheet for today.

We set our alarm for 6:00 but I think we all got moving around 6:30.

Here is what Tinkerbell left for the girls... I went cheap dollar store items today.

At 6:34 the girls mustered the energy to get out of bed to check out the goodies.

We got moving and managed to get to the bus stop AND on a bus at 7:23!!!! Pretty sure we all went to the park dirty... Shhhh don't tell Mickey!

The girls had asked if they could have there leftovers for breakfast...

So, it was the breakfast of champions this morning!

Morgan's was at least semi-nutritious...

The bus ride was uneventful, and we made it through security and the tap stiles by 7:48! We made!!!! They had left people past the tap stiles but held everyone by starbucks. We squeezed our way into the mass of people waiting. And chatted with an older couple while we waited.

Right at 8:00 am they started letting people move into the park. Half of the crowd headed towards Tower of Terror and Rock'n Rollercoaster and the other half headed towards Toy Story Mania.

We got into the actual line at 8:05. At this point, they had pretty much all of the que outside while they worked on the new entrance.

They kept expanding the line as everyone funneled in. So, we kept moving for the most part. We got to see Cruz... even though we don't know who that is. ha.

While in line, i worked on fixing Gwen's hair from the night before. But before long we had made it inside.

I tried to get the girls to smile in front of the wall... I guess it was too early for them to smile.

I said smile and got this...

By 8:23 we were on the bridge over the ride. We were almost there! And the line STOPPED! And we started waiting and waiting and waiting.... I finally told the girls to sit down and pulled out some snacks from my bag.

While we waited you could see some CM getting training on how to load and unload handicapped guests. Which was kind of interesting.

We waited some more with NOTHING happening. And the girls were getting crabby... Finally the ride was officially down and they started moving people out of line! At 8:40 in the morning! Soooo, our plan to ride first thing in the morning were squashed. They were scanning everyones bands as we left the line, so we could come ride later. So, all was not lost.

Needless to say the girls were SUPER disappointed.

So, what should we go do now? How do you bounce back from that? You will just have to wait and see.... ;)

Day Four: Just a little Star Wars

So, after our disappointing non-ride of Toy Story Mania, I suggested going to try and meet BB8. He was on our must-do list for today. And I knew that there was no fast passes for him, so I figured we should get in line before they open up the park to everyone else.

So, reluctantly we headed over that way. Morgan was NOT a happy camper!

We ended up into The Launch Bay at 8:45. When we walked in Gwen was SUPER excitied to see "the words" on the floor when we walked in.

We got in line and took a few pictures while we waited. Blue Milk anyone?

Gwen's hair looks like she just rolled out of bed... Oh wait, she pretty much did... ha!

While in line, There was alot of talking Morgan off of the wall. Between being tired and the early disappointment she was not feeling it. The line for BB8 was strange... It was just tape or yellow lines on the floor and people weren't moving up and CM kept having to come into the area and have people move into the line more. The wait was kind of slow moving.

We were finally at the front of the line at 9:10. So not too bad. The CM letting people into the actual area, commented on our shirts. And we talked about the cartoon show Star Wars Rebels with him. Soon enough we were allowed in to see BB8!

The girls were super excitied to see BB8!

We had the girls go up first. I believe they "talked" to BB8 about something. But of course, since we don't speak droid, the CM had to translate.

And then Andy and I jumped into the picture. Morgan REALLY wanted to pick out family shirts for us. After our September trip, she saw a bunch of families with the shirts on. So I let her pick out these.

The visit with BB8 lifted everyones spirits a bit. After we finished I checked to see if Toy Story mania was up yet. And it was not. So, we decided to explore the rest of the launch bay area a bit.

Morgan and Gwen tried to play a game.

We went over to see how long Chewbacca's wait was. But he was a bit long, so we decided to just check out the helmets and light sabers.

Up next.... LOTS of nerdy Star Wars Fans pics!

Day Four: A Whole lot of Star Wars Stuff!

So, to make sure I have street-cred to go with my boards name... Please see the following on - slaught of Star Wars stuff.

First we checked out the helmets.... The girls LOVE Sabine's Helmet. She is from the Disney XD Cartoon Show Rebels, and she is a tough Manalorian who also likes to tag her explosives with spray paint art. What more does a girl need?

Phasma's Helmet... All shiny and awsome! Even IF she is a bad guy.

I think these was different Clone Trooper Helmets that were of interest... But this is where my knowledge ends but the girls and Andy keep going...

Old School Luke Skywalker Helmet!

Did I mention there would be alot of helmets and lightsabers....

After we exhausted the helmets that we could see without ACTUALLY being in line, I suggested we check out the stuff in the room where you wait for Kylo Ren. I said we did NOT need to MEET Kylo Red.

First was the Inquisitors double ended lightsaber, that **spoiler alert** spins!!!! He is also from the cartoon show Rebels. And the girls TOTALLY think that the spinning is cheating.

Good old Darth Vedar's Light Saber.

This is Darth Sidious's. The girls commented on how shiny his was... Which it was!

Rey's Lightsaber. I like that you can kind of see Gwen's reflection and her actual interest in these....

And then Ventress's Light Saber. This was SUPER exciting for the girls (and ahem... Andy) Ventress is a "bad guy" from the older cartoon series the Clone Wars. There are a few seasons that are snooze fest, but Morgan and Gwen have watched them all MANY TIMES. MANY TIMES!

They were super interested in how hers was all bendy. I believe she can take hers apart too? Maybe...

Are you guys bored yet? I hope you have stuck with me....

We finished this area and headed towards the exit. Not without checking out more things....

Like C3PO's Arm!

And a picture of Chewbacca with some Porgs. Gwen is slightly obsessed with the Porgs! She wants me to make a Porg cake for her birthday! Like a stand up 3D one...

Speaking of which... COMPLETE off Topic..... Has anyone watched Nailed It! on Netflix? It is hilarious!!! They take poor people who barely bake and have them make pintrest/instagram worthy cakes. It is hilarious, and the host is all jokey. The girls love it.

We finally made it out to the dump shop area. We found this gem.

Hera is a bad **s girl pilot on Rebels. And she get no love when it goes to action figures and stuff. So the girls were SUPER excitied to see her. But she was $40! And the girls don't really play with the action figures any more... Sigh... they are getting old... So, unforantly we left her on the shelf.

We then made Droid in the make your own droid area. I told the girls they couldn't buy one unless that was there "One Thing" and they weren't willing to give that up just yet. But the girls and Andy had a good time making them...

I on the other hand was getting antsy at this point. I had my fill of Star Wars stuff! While they did that, I did check again to see if Toy Story Mania was up yet. No such luck...

I was instructed to take pics of all of the Droids they made. I will spare you all of them. I did think this one was cute with Mickey Ears.

It was about 9:30 by now, so I said we needed to move on! But what next?

Day Four: Sweet Spells Dessert / Breakfast:

After we left the Launch Bay, there were Storm Troopers out and about.

Storm Troopers on Patrol

The girls didn't want ANYTHING to do with them. They literally pulled me away from them yelling that they couldn't see our shirts! They would know we were Rebels! Not sure if they are going to love or hate Star Wars Land!....

I had convinced everyone to leave the Launch bay with food... We needed something to "act" as breakfast. So, I looked up where we could get the carrot cake cookie. As I knew Morgan would love it! And Sweet Spells was just around the corner, so that is where we headed next. The line wasn't bad but slow moving.

Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Pop with M&M's
Gwen picked something SUPER nutritious! A marshmallow pop. (I swear she doesn't eat this bad at home)

Modeling her snack
She was sad at first, as she wanted a purple straw but they didn't have any. But she got over it.

Maple Bacon Whoopie Pie
Andy saw this, and said we "needed" to try it! You know, for my trip report... Really it's what he said. This is the Maple Bacon Whoopie Pie.

It was basically like they took a cup cake cut it in half and put the icing on top AND on top. it was just ok. Good but nothing that we have been dreaming about having again.

Morgan's Carrot Cake Cookie
And of course, Morgan agreed, that the Carrot Cake was her selection! I don't think she was expecting it to be that big! It was really good. She loved it but couldn't finish it.

Iced Coffee
And then Andy and I needed some caffeine, so we split an iced coffee. But they only had those creamers that don't need to be refrigerated. Which kind of creep me out but we were desperate. The coffee itself wasn't bad it was just the creamer made it kind of blah.

We found a place to sit outside and enjoy our treats. The sugar boast was just what we needed. We probably only sat for about 10 mins. But it was just enough to recharge a bit. It was almost 10:00 by now. I checked Toy Story Mania.... still down... But there was a March of the First order at 10:00, so I said we should check that out. So we got up 2 minutes before 10 and found a spot to watch.

We had a great spot until the music started and some women stepped in front of me held her camera practically in my face! Oye!

A picture of taking a picture
You can see the space between me and that girl. That is exactly were the woman stepped one too many steps in front of me.

Imperial March_02
It didn't really matter. You could still see just fine. It is impressive to watch.

Imperial March_01

And I totally feel like Phasma must be a super fun character to be!

Phasma is Coming
And then Phasma started walking towards us. Morgan FREAKED out! She hid behind me and would NOT come out! Andy got a little annoyed by this. But she is kind of scary! And I find it interesting. They know it's not the real thing, they are old enough to know but it still scares the pants off of them.

After they moved on, Morgan was ready to move on, but we followed them along and over to the stage.

Imperial March_On Stage
The stage portion was just ok.

And then then headed back the way they just came.
Imperial March Back Tracking
So, I would say, if you missed them going up, hang out, you can get a good view as they walk back as most people followed them to the stage.

Imperial March Back Tracking_02
Later Phasma! Morgan was probably saying Thank Goodness!

We were off to Star Tours next!

So, it was the breakfast of champions this morning!

Haha I love their super healthy breakfasts!! Gwen looks like she's perking up with her morning sugar rush.

A shame that TSMM was down after you waited in line for it, but at least they were going to let you come back to ride later. All your Star Wars pictures are great. Nathan is all over that stuff...but I have to admit that I just don't "get it." But I'm still very excited to see what they do with Star Wars Land!

I love SW and a carrot cake cookie so I was not bored at all reading, lol!

I hope you all get on TSM soon!

The March of the First Order is neat, my son would love this, he is a true SW fan!

Um, that's a lot of SW lol! As a non- fan I do love the March of the First Order so it must be super cool for actual fans :goodvibes
Glad Morgan loved the carrot cake cookie, one of my faves! But I recently read they changed it, can't remember how but I'm really disappointed they messed with a classic. I'm hoping it's not ruined now......
Ugh, I really hate when plans are ruined FIRST thing in the morning by no fault of your own. I know if happens but it seems to throw the whole day off sometimes.......you seem to have made a great recovery though!

Im loving your trip report! So glad I found it. We are going next February! ImReally hoping for a break from the heat. I also appreciate your food cost breakdown.

Haha I love their super healthy breakfasts!! Gwen looks like she's perking up with her morning sugar rush.
Oye! It Disney and Vacation, why not right? Gwen barely made a dent in that lollipop. Do kids ever finish those things?

The March of the First Order is neat, my son would love this, he is a true SW fan!
I feel like the March is a good sneak peek of what the land will be like.

Um, that's a lot of SW lol!
Ha Sorry. I knew some folks would not be interested in all of it. But it is in my name! I am the least into Star Wars of the family. Which I find funny. Morgan and Gwen know soooo much it's scary.

Glad Morgan loved the carrot cake cookie, one of my faves! But I recently read they changed it, can't remember how but I'm really disappointed they messed with a classic. I'm hoping it's not ruined now......
I think it looks more like the Bacon Whoopie Pie we had. I am holding out hope that it will still taste good. But I do think part of the fun was that it was so big... you know...

Im loving your trip report! So glad I found it. We are going next February! ImReally hoping for a break from the heat. I also appreciate your food cost breakdown.
:welcome: Thanks for following along! February is a great time to go! We have gone a couple years at this time. The weather will vary alot. You can get cool weather and fairly warm weather all in the same week. It def cools down at night which is nice, you get some relief from the heat.

Here is our schedule / cheat sheet for today.
https://flic.kr/p/24MVem7

Love your graphics like these for each day. Must be so much fun on the trip!

We got into the actual line at 8:05. At this point, they had pretty much all of the que outside while they worked on the new entrance.
They kept expanding the line as everyone funneled in. So, we kept moving for the most part.

They did this on our trip a few weeks ago and it was so bizarre. We literally crossed the street while we were in line about four times with four different cast members acting as crossing guards. Then when you got off the ride you'd have to follow their directions so you wouldn't get caught in cross traffic. They went to a lot of trouble to keep that ride operating before Toy Story Land opened!

We waited some more with NOTHING happening. And the girls were getting crabby... Finally the ride was officially down and they started moving people out of line! At 8:40 in the morning! Soooo, our plan to ride first thing in the morning were squashed. They were scanning everyones bands as we left the line, so we could come ride later. So, all was not lost.

This is a bad way to start the day, but at least you got a FP out of the deal, as long as the ride actually opens back up.

So, to make sure I have street-cred to go with my boards name... Please see the following on - slaught of Star Wars stuff.

We can call this your "professional development" or "continuing education"!

What a bummer that you made it all the way to almost the front of TSMM and then it went down! I hope it got back up and running so you could use the FPs given to you.

Fun family photo with BB8! Morgan's shirt was perfect for the meet.

I can see how the girls would be scared of the stormtroopers and Captain Phsama. Up close they are kind of big and intimidating.

That carrot cake cookie definitely looks like the winning breakfast item! It's huge!
And I had to chuckle at your creamer comment. I used to not like the non-refrigerated kind for that same reason, but over here in Germany you can buy milk that's shelf stable!! It blew me away the first time I went to the grocery store and bought milk that wasn't cold. However, now I love it because it keeps for almost 6 months, so I can buy a few and store them in my pantry for when we go on long trips. I also buy individual ones to bring along for the kids on vacation and pack them in lunchboxes.

That was a whole lotta Star Wars. You have earned your street cred. :rotfl:

I wouldn't have known anything about any of those characters. My boys and husband like Star Wars. I've never learned much about it beyond the basic characters.

I said smile and got this...
That is actually pretty cute!

Oh no! That always sucks when ride breakdowns happen early!

And then Andy and I jumped into the picture. Morgan REALLY wanted to pick out family shirts for us. After our September trip, she saw a bunch of families with the shirts on. So I let her pick out these.
They are cute shirts!

First we checked out the helmets.... The girls LOVE Sabine's Helmet. She is from the Disney XD Cartoon Show Rebels, and she is a tough Manalorian who also likes to tag her explosives with spray paint art. What more does a girl need?
I love Sabine and Hera and Ashoka! I hope they do a Sabine/Ashoka spin-off show now that Rebels is finished.

Gwen is slightly obsessed with the Porgs! She wants me to make a Porg cake for her birthday! Like a stand up 3D one...
Hmm, that could be fun!

I was instructed to take pics of all of the Droids they made. I will spare you all of them. I did think this one was cute with Mickey Ears.
I like the mickey hat!

Day Four: Just a little Star Wars

So, after our disappointing non-ride of Toy Story Mania, I suggested going to try and meet BB8. He was on our must-do list for today. And I knew that there was no fast passes for him, so I figured we should get in line before they open up the park to everyone else.

So, reluctantly we headed over that way. Morgan was NOT a happy camper!

We ended up into The Launch Bay at 8:45. When we walked in Gwen was SUPER excitied to see "the words" on the floor when we walked in.

We got in line and took a few pictures while we waited. Blue Milk anyone?

Gwen's hair looks like she just rolled out of bed... Oh wait, she pretty much did... ha!

While in line, There was alot of talking Morgan off of the wall. Between being tired and the early disappointment she was not feeling it. The line for BB8 was strange... It was just tape or yellow lines on the floor and people weren't moving up and CM kept having to come into the area and have people move into the line more. The wait was kind of slow moving.

We were finally at the front of the line at 9:10. So not too bad. The CM letting people into the actual area, commented on our shirts. And we talked about the cartoon show Star Wars Rebels with him. Soon enough we were allowed in to see BB8!

The girls were super excitied to see BB8!

We had the girls go up first. I believe they "talked" to BB8 about something. But of course, since we don't speak droid, the CM had to translate.

The visit with BB8 lifted everyones spirits a bit. After we finished I checked to see if Toy Story mania was up yet. And it was not. So, we decided to explore the rest of the launch bay area a bit.

Morgan and Gwen tried to play a game.

We went over to see how long Chewbacca's wait was. But he was a bit long, so we decided to just check out the helmets and light sabers.

Up next.... LOTS of nerdy Star Wars Fans pics!
Love the TR...question..where did you get the tee shirts?

That breakfast sounds delicious!
Ha! I know, right? The lollipop is probably too much sugar for me...

We can call this your "professional development" or "continuing education"!
Ha! True!

They did this on our trip a few weeks ago and it was so bizarre. We literally crossed the street while we were in line about four times with four different cast members acting as crossing guards. Then when you got off the ride you'd have to follow their directions so you wouldn't get caught in cross traffic.
That is exactly what they were doing! It was so strange but clearly make shift while they finished getting ready for Toy Storyland.

Love your graphics like these for each day. Must be so much fun on the trip!
WE always do them right before and it really gets us ready for the trip! And it really helps piece the days together and how they are going to flow more or less.

I can see how the girls would be scared of the stormtroopers and Captain Phsama. Up close they are kind of big and intimidating.
I am actually afraid that the new star wars land will be too much for them. And they are intimidating, especially in the march, with the music and everything.

However, now I love it because it keeps for almost 6 months, so I can buy a few and store them in my pantry for when we go on long trips. I also buy individual ones to bring along for the kids on vacation and pack them in lunchboxes.
That would be helpful! Do they keep the eggs and butter out on the counter as well? I guess it is just what you get used to!

I wouldn't have known anything about any of those characters. My boys and husband like Star Wars. I've never learned much about it beyond the basic characters.
Ha! We just watched a New Hope again tonight and Morgan just analyzes ALL of it! She tries to make all kinds of connections and asks all kinds of questions!

I was so behind!! Love all these updates! Those nutritious vacation breakfasts are what Jimmy LIVES for!!! :)
It's all part of the magic!

I love Sabine and Hera and Ashoka! I hope they do a Sabine/Ashoka spin-off show now that Rebels is finished.
The girls would LOVE that! Andy says that they should have put Ashoka in the Han Solo movie instead of the girl character at the end that I can' think of her name is...

Love the TR...question..where did you get the tee shirts?
Thanks for following along!!!!! Those shirts I got off Etsy! I just searched Disney Star Wars and a bunch of options came up. We just went with the designs we liked the best. I have had great luck with most of my etsy purchases! These came from TheMouseBoutique.

Day Four: Toy Story Mania... FINALLY

I left us off with finishing up the March of the first order. We headed over to Star Tours to use our 1st Fast Pass of the day!
Walker with the Family

Ewok Village
I love the Ewok Village. The Ewoks were my favorite as a kid. I hope they have Ewoks in some capacity in the new land. But some reason I think that is wish fulfillment thinking.

The ride was fun as always. No one got to be the Rebel Spy this time. But we did get to see the new Last Jedi Scenes.

We of course checked out the dump store on the way out.
Porg Rice Krispees
Gwen made me take a picture of the Porg Rice Krispees. She said that Porgs were not for eating! And we weren't allowed to buy them.

The girls checked out some small light saber keychains that they wanted. But I said that would be there one thing for the day. So, they decided to wait. There was a CM with pins on a Yoda backpack, so the girls decided to trade pins instead. I didn't take a picture of what they got this time around. That store is always so crowded!

We headed out after that. The girls wanted to get there pictures on the land speeders. So, we waited in a very short line.

Gwen Speeder
Gwen making her best I am going to catch you face.

Speeder_Gwen

Morgan Speeder
And then Morgan's not so serious face.

Speeder Bike_Morgan
Morgan's is more like, I like this speeder thing, Can I get one?

The Fam on the Speeder
And then since we had our shirts on, we all got in the pic.

We moved on, kind of aimlessly. This part of the park is all confusing to me today, with all the construction, I wasn't sure where to go!

We basically stumbled upon what will the entrance to Star Wars Land. So, we grabbed ANOTHER picture in front of that.

The Force
Again, see Gwen's face... She is selling the whole I have the Force thing...

The Force

By now Morgan was over the whole taking picture thing! So, I hopped on the app and saw that Toy Story Mania was FINALLY back up! So, we headed over that way!

It was about 11:10 by now. And the line for FastPass was long!!!! You had everyone who had rushed over there in the morning plus anyone on who had a fast pass while it was down. So, we had to just be patient. What I didn't like was they weren't checking your fast passes when you got in line. Only when you got to the area where you would normally get in line. I was worried ours wouldn't work, our fast passes never showed up in the app.

So, we waited in line and I was internally stressing that we wouldn't get on this ride AGAIN!

Gwen's hair was a mess from sleeping in her BBBB do, so, I tried to fix it in line...
Gwen's revised Hair Do
I thought i did an ok job but she wasn't happy with it. Today in general, you could really see the tiredness hitting both of them. But we really only had a few more things we wanted to hit here and then we were def going back to the resort!

But we powered through the line for now.

Toy Story Mania: Take 2
We all held our breathe as we moved through the line. And we made it!!!! No problems! Our magic bands scanned fine and soon we were ready to play!!!

I have that we got on the ride at 11:15, so they must have just been moving all the fast pass people through as fast as they could!

Tinker Toys
I love this ride, and imagine Toy Story Land as just being a larger even better version of this.

Bo Peep
It was FINALLY time to ride!!!!!!

We loaded into one car. Andy and I were on one side and Morgan and Gwen rode on the other. This was the first time for this... It was a little strange not being able to see them! But it made it fun for me and Andy to try and beat each other. So, who won..............

Left: Ariella's Score Right: Andy's Score
ME!!! Andy was schooling me for about half of it and I must have hit a high score one and pulled ahead and kept my lead! Woo Hoo!

Everyone's spirits were raised after riding the ride! It is just so fun. I wish we could ride it more than once a trip, but that is all we ever seem to get. Maybe once star wars land opens? Who knows...

It was now time for the main event.....

We were off to Rock'n Rollercoaster! Would Gwen be tall enough?!?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter